• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Preseason 2021 G2: Cavs @ Hawks 10/06/2021, 7:30PM

JayBirdHawk

Cam showing a lot things offensively. Not a lot of good I am afraid. That said, he's been elite defensively. We just need him to slow down and take what the defense gives you. It feels to me Cam needs new trainers or he just needs to stay in Atlanta with the coaches because I liked what he did in the playoffs and in the 2nd half of his rookie season. His defense is really looking tremendous. He's looking like Danny Green mixed with Ben Simmons. I like it. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Cam has been baaaad on offense. 2-10/0-3, ZERO assists.  Has 3 steals though.

Better than last game regardless of the stats. He is far more aggressive and he's been getting set a lot more in this game than last. Thing is, he's still doing too much. Fadeaway middys, dribble pull up 3, and just getting stonewalled on the drive by Okoro just says he needs to take what the D is giving him. Okoro sold out for the layup. Cam needed to stop and hit him with the hesitation jumper. Things like this is all 1v1 ball. It's not like things you aren't used to doing regardless of the level of comp or if its AAU or not. 

I feel better about this game for him than the last one. That's for sure. He will make shots as long as he's set more than not. 

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Cam showing a lot things offensively. Not a lot of good I am afraid. That said, he's been elite defensively. We just need him to slow down and take what the defense gives you. It feels to me Cam needs new trainers or he just needs to stay in Atlanta with the coaches because I liked what he did in the playoffs and in the 2nd half of his rookie season. His defense is really looking tremendous. He's looking like Danny Green mixed with Ben Simmons. I like it. 

Cam might not reach his potential until he's 27-28(if he ever does)..He'll be with a new team by then..I just dont see it anymore..As hard as I try..I had him penciled in as starting 2 guard of the future..Not anymore..he just doenst look like he takes the offseason seriously..I keep waiting and waiting for him to breakout..And Im.......

15 Waiting Memes That Even the Most Patient Person Can Relate to

1 minute ago, Marvin24Williams said:

Cam is still super weak on his drives. Just gets off balance too easily 

Too small sample, Okoro has good ability of cut off leverage like Jimmy Butler. That said, its something to keep an eye on

17 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Why aren't the Cavs though?  I get that they are playing their regulars but the effort and aggressiveness is lacking for the Hawks.

This is surprising..I expected more effort tonight..

1 minute ago, terrell said:

Cam might not reach his potential until he's 27-28(if he ever does)..He'll be with a new team by then..I just dont see it anymore..As hard as I try..I had him penciled in as starting 2 guard of the future..Not anymore..he just doenst look like he takes the offseason seriously..I keep waiting and waiting for him to breakout..And Im.......

15 Waiting Memes That Even the Most Patient Person Can Relate to

I don't know about that. I just don't know if his trainers realize Cam doing the simple things is most critical at this stage. The coaches realize that but his trainers seem to focus him on everything and it means we gotta channel it. 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, terrell said:

I keep waiting and waiting for him to breakout

....after 36 preseason minutes?

giphy.gif

Just now, terrell said:

more effort

:good:...maybe we are still on a high from the playoffs...if that is the case, they need to get over it quickly.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Better than last game regardless of the stats. He is far more aggressive and he's been getting set a lot more in this game than last. Thing is, he's still doing too much. Fadeaway middys, dribble pull up 3, and just getting stonewalled on the drive by Okoro just says he needs to take what the D is giving him. Okoro sold out for the layup. Cam needed to stop and hit him with the hesitation jumper. Things like this is all 1v1 ball. It's not like things you aren't used to doing regardless of the level of comp or if its AAU or not. 

I feel better about this game for him than the last one. That's for sure. He will make shots as long as he's set more than not. 

Alec Benjamin - The Hill I Will Die On (Lyrics) - YouTube

2 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

Let Sharife get an opportunity to run with this unit.

Smh..And it begins.....