• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The 2022 preseason has begun to begin

sturt

Freddie will wear one jersey for his career. A bit different with Straus to me as well because he’s been injury prone his entire career and is a pitcher. Freddie is an everyday player. 

I think the Braves and Freddie will meet halfway and get a deal done.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Freddie will wear one jersey for his career. A bit different with Straus to me as well because he’s been injury prone his entire career and is a pitcher. Freddie is an everyday player. 

Earmuffs, stu ....

That 'Burg guy seems like a dbag.  No surprise he wouldn't give the gNats a hometown discount despite them sticking with him through all his injuries and weirdness.

FredE will be a Brave foh-life and will be well compensated to be so (is that english?).

• Like 1

• Premium Member
36 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Right. And that means you do agree with the Steve's assertion then (at least, the way I take it based on how he phrased it)... that Freddie will end up having to choose between hometown discount ("meet halfway") or moving to his second team.

3 minutes ago, sturt said:

Not so... just look... now that's whatcha call looooooooooooooooooooovvvvvve.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Right .... just in time for the cameras to catch it.

#StagedAffection 😉

I'm kidding.  I won't fight you on it.  Still high.

On topic though, I can see a world where FredE gets hi$ and gets to stay.

I can also see a world where certain others'll look 'round and wonder why their deals are so, shall we say, 'team friendly' while others get bank.

I'm confused.  Did we travel back in time to when the gNats were relevant?

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e470bztb8oeojm3qe3qmz

C'mon, stu.  Gotta take that shot in stride, no?

Anyway, on topic, I can actually see a world where FredE already has a deal in place.  Just waited 'til after season to announce.

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

The 2022 preseason huh? 

Wow, it’s been 12 hours.

I may go ahead and celebrate for a few months…

We waited 26 years, I’m gonna report when the pitchers/catchers.. 3.5 month… maybe late February.

Think I'll celebrate until next post season 😎

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

I'm confused.  Did we travel back in time to when the gNats were relevant?

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e470bztb8oeojm3qe3qmz

C'mon, stu.  Gotta take that shot in stride, no?

C'mon kg, gotta enjoy the humor of that flashback, no? I mean, yeah, turn that blind eye to the uniform of the opposing pitcher if you must... I get it... but setting that part aside, that's a fun tweet, and also a fun link even if you're not a fan of the 2019 and pending 2022 World Champions from the District. 🙂

1 hour ago, sturt said:

Astute observation that I'll put here, rather than muddying the WS celebration thread... I'm just classy like that. 😄 

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e471km0vjuhik9ucr8oa1

Interesting that twitter thingy says "Talk Nats" 'cause the one thing no one's doing ITT is "talking Nats".

😉

Edited by kg01
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member

My name is not Sol, nor is it Tucker. And I wouldn't have done this because I think you should let your enemies have their day in the sunshine undisturbed. And, moreover, I wouldn't have done this because it actually only calls attention to the fact that your enemy is having a parade, while you're, in effect, flying a kite or other such mechanism... they achieved something you didn't.

Having said that... the adolescent prankster in me apparently hasn't completely been extinguished because, yeah, I still chuckled when I saw this just now... hehe...

51 minutes ago, sturt said:

My name is not Sol, nor is it Tucker. And I wouldn't have done this because I think you should let your enemies have their day in the sunshine undisturbed. And, moreover, I wouldn't have done this because it actually only calls attention to the fact that your enemy is having a parade, while you're, in effect, flying a kite or other such mechanism... they achieved something you didn't.

Having said that... the adolescent prankster in me apparently hasn't completely been extinguished because, yeah, I still chuckled when I saw this just now... hehe...

Shoot the drone down!!!! :boxing:

Then put the guy in jail! :upsidedown:

🤔 who do you wanna keep?

Nationals

LHP Luis Avilán, SS Jordy Mercer, OF Gerardo Parra, 1B Ryan Zimmerman

After moving Max Scherzer, Trea Turner, Brad Hand, Daniel Hudson, Josh Harrison and Yan Gomes prior to the Trade Deadline, the Nats could part ways with most or all of these veterans this offseason.