• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A positive-ish spin on last night

niremetal

• Premium Member

It seemed to me that Nate was trying out different rotations in the game to see how the pieces fit together, esp seeing what we could do without having either Clint or Gorgui on the floor (spoiler alert: play Gallo and JC together). I think that exercise was needed at some point because both of our centers have looked...not great...so far this year (though I still have hope that it's injury-related for Clint and that it'll resolve once OO is back and we can afford to rest him more). It shows he realizes the need to make adjustments.

And we did "uncover" what I thought were a couple good rotations in the first half (Trae/Huerter/Cam/Gallo/JC and Delon/Huerter/Hill/Gallo/JC, along with the Trae/Bogi/Dre/Gallo/JC lineup that we also ran with some success against the Suns).

Problem was, Curry was unconscious. Probably couldn't have won anyway given how hot he was. But winning definitely wasn't going to happen with Nate continuously fiddling with the rotations, which kept the team from getting on the same page defensively.

Anyway, we'll see what happens next game. But I have a feeling that this was partially Nate just taking stock of some alternative lineups in light of how unexpectedly bad Clint and Gorgui have been--and doing that in a game is really the only option, since the team hasn't had 2 straight days off (giving the chance for a real practice) since the season started.

• Premium Member

The thing that you can't account for is unforced errors.   We have to become possessive of the ball when we have it.   Playing GS and getting beat the way we did should have been an awakening for this team.  

The spin that we can put on this loss is that last night, we saw how it is supposed to be.  

1.  Supreme confidence. 

2.   Excellence of Execution. 

3.   Hustle...

Forget about the 50 piece from Curry.  Look at all the other stuff.  They were dogging us even while we were up.   They were executing everything they intended.   They looked like a well oiled machine.   Sure.. shots were falling... but that was the plan...

I really hope that Trae was watching.   Curry's approach is that... even though I'm smiling and having fun, this is not a game.  Curry didn't have on a chef hat... he had on a hard hat because this was a job. 

• Moderators

It is a lot like last year and that's on the players.  They think because they are clicking in the first half that it's just going to continue.  But vet teams turn up the pressure in the second have and we tend to panic.

We'll get there but just have to find the right rotations.   And let's friggin pound the ball inside for crying out loud.