• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CAM REDDISH TO NY FOR KEVIN KNOX AND FIRST!?!

NBASupes

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Who is the back up power forward?  And I agree that we should draft the BPA which I think are big men.

13 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Exactly.  This is a problem although i'd rather sign or trade for someone than draft a big.   

We also don't currently have a back PG or SF signed to the roster for next season.

I guess like most drafts it's a matter of opinion on who is BPA (unless it's like LBJ).

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Who is the back up power forward?  And I agree that we should draft the BPA which I think are big men.

In this day and age especially, guards enter the league more role-ready than bigs.  Can make a strong case Haliburton/Hayes are BPA's more-so than any of the bigs are.

Also .... notice anything diff'rnt?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Backup PF?  It is a hole to fill but I'm not downgrading to a lower grade prospect in the draft to address backup PF behind John Collins.  Fill that with a combination of limited minutes from Hunter, Skal, Bruno and/or a FA.  Backup PF is what I consider to be filling out the roster during the summer - not building your foundation for the future.

Now if your BPA can fill the backup PF role then that means two birds with one stone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

Backup PF?  It is a hole to fill but I'm not downgrading to a lower grade prospect in the draft to address backup PF behind John Collins.  Fill that with a combination of limited minutes from Hunter, Skal, Bruno and/or a FA.  Backup PF is what I consider to be filling out the roster during the summer - not building your foundation for the future.

Now if your BPA can fill the backup PF role then that means two birds with one stone.

Hunter, Bruno aren't power forwards and Skai never healthy.  Heck they might not even resign the guy.  We had both Hunter and Bruno on the team last year and guess who got the majority of the reps at backup power forward...You guest it!

th?id=OIP.xKZ68KWd58sdNix-p1KCigHaEK&pid

5 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

And I agree that we should draft the BPA which I think are big men.

Hold up Peo lemme grab you for a second here. There are a ton of big but say we land at 6 and Wiseman, Toppin and Okongwu are off and the best player is Cole Anthony, Greg’s little baller rugrat, do we go for it? 

4 hours ago, kg01 said:

Can make a strong case Haliburton/Hayes are BPA's more-so than any of the bigs are.

There you go. Just saw this and was giving Peo some hell lol. Ya if Cole Ant or Haliburton or Hayes are the best I’m all in. I always go BPA. I like the way Schlenk thinks like his mentor Nellie in this way. BPA baby!

• Like 1

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Hold up Peo lemme grab you for a second here. There are a ton of big but say we land at 6 and Wiseman, Toppin and Okongwu are off and the best player is Cole Anthony, Greg’s little baller rugrat, do we go for it? 

I'm counting on other GM buying into the Edward, Ball, and Dini hype!

I like Haliburton, more than Hayes. But if we are talking BPA definately Edwards or Wiseman should be considered ahead of him. I have more doubts with Okongwu but in my mind if you think there is a draw on talent you go with the big guy. I don't like Ball, sorry.

Is clear backup PF and PG are holes. Backup SF depends on the position Reddish will be playing, I think we need another wing. If we draft Edwards because we think is the BPA and will become our best wing I don't have a problem starting him with Reddish or Hunter at SF and Huerter coming of the bench. Ideally I agree we should consider Reddish a SG for several reasons, mainly maximizes talent on the floor, our best wings are today Cam and Hunter, and the mismatch he creates at SG, he is really big to be defended by most SGs. Having said that I don't see a problem playing him at SF.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, gurpilo said:

Ideally I agree we should consider Reddish a SG for several reasons, mainly maximizes talent on the floor, our best wings are today Cam and Hunter, and the mismatch he creates at SG, he is really big to be defended by most SGs. Having said that I don't see a problem playing him at SF.

Well said!

• Moderators
21 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Hunter, Bruno aren't power forwards and Skai never healthy.  Heck they might not even resign the guy.  We had both Hunter and Bruno on the team last year and guess who got the majority of the reps at backup power forward...You guest it!

th?id=OIP.xKZ68KWd58sdNix-p1KCigHaEK&pid

Our main backup PF this year was Jabari Parker.  After Collins went out, that plan went to ***** because now Parker was starting and we were also down 1-2 centers during that same time period which even led to times Parker played center.  (Ugh).  When Collins returned, Parker was hurt so again we were on to plan B or C or D.  Carter was definitely loved more than he should have been by LP but also was one of the few players who was actually available every game all season. 

But in a normal world where JC is playing 33 minutes at PF, you are talking about 15 minutes per game.  I think Hunter is fully capable of matching up for limited minutes against a subset of PFs and might be especially effective guarding spread 4's.  I also think Bruno is capable of playing some minutes at PF.  Skal hasn't been healthy so I agree you can't count on him but he has been effective when healthy.

All this is to say that if we didn't sign a single PF that I think we would be fine as long as Collins was healthy and available.  It would be better to have another "true" PF on the roster, of course, and I expect that to happen.  But that doesn't have to be a lottery pick.  It can easily be a FA instead.  So you have options.  Draft the BPA and if that players turns out to be a fit at PF then you don't have to worry about signing a FA at that position.  If they aren't a fit at PF, then you will want to sign a FA.  

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, AHF said:

Our main backup PF this year was Jabari Parker.  After Collins went out, that plan went to ***** because now Parker was starting and we were also down 1-2 centers during that same time period which even led to times Parker played center.  (Ugh).  When Collins returned, Parker was hurt so again we were on to plan B or C or D.  Carter was definitely loved more than he should have been by LP but also was one of the few players who was actually available every game all season. 

But in a normal world where JC is playing 33 minutes at PF, you are talking about 15 minutes per game.  I think Hunter is fully capable of matching up for limited minutes against a subset of PFs and might be especially effective guarding spread 4's.  I also think Bruno is capable of playing some minutes at PF.  Skal hasn't been healthy so I agree you can't count on him but he has been effective when healthy.

All this is to say that if we didn't sign a single PF that I think we would be fine as long as Collins was healthy and available.  It would be better to have another "true" PF on the roster, of course, and I expect that to happen.  But that doesn't have to be a lottery pick.  It can easily be a FA instead.  So you have options.  Draft the BPA and if that players turns out to be a fit at PF then you don't have to worry about signing a FA at that position.  If they aren't a fit at PF, then you will want to sign a FA.  

There were plenty of times when we were at full strength and Carter played 15 minutes at power forward.  Go back and watch some of those games.

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

There were plenty of times when we were at full strength and Carter played 15 minutes at power forward.  Go back and watch some of those games.

Let's take a look at games I can see where Collins, Parker, and Len were all available.

Game 1 - Parker 22.7 minutes; Carter 10.2 minutes

Game 2 - Parker 17.8; VC 11.9

Game 3 - Parker 22.1; VC 10.2

Game 4 - Parker 22.8; VC 18.2

Game 5 - Parker 25.5; VC 16.5

Game 31 - Parker 15.3; VC 15

Game 35 - Parker 15; VC 0

That is all the game they were available this season as far as I can tell.

Parker averaged 20.2 minutes in the 7 games where Len, Collins and Parker were available

VC averaged 11.7 minutes in the 7 games where Len, Collins and Parker were available

Again, Parker was the main backup PF for this season and definitely in games where these guys were available.  Don't see how this is even a discussion.

• Thanks 2