• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Gallo's Value

Diesel

Where is Gallo More valuable?   

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Where's the none of the above option?

I don't think he is valuable on the floor because this team is not a playoff team and I think we would be far better off giving his minutes to Jalen Johnson.

He's not valuable in a trade because no team is willing to want to trade for him. He might have some use as a salary filler for a bigger trade, such as a swap of Collins for Ben Simmons if 76ers insist on attaching Harris to the deal. 76ers would have no option but to take back Gallo as part of the deal.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, TheBigETrain said:

Where's the none of the above option?

I don't think he is valuable on the floor because this team is not a playoff team and I think we would be far better off giving his minutes to Jalen Johnson.

He's not valuable in a trade because no team is willing to want to trade for him. He might have some use as a salary filler for a bigger trade, such as a swap of Collins for Ben Simmons if 76ers insist on attaching Harris to the deal. 76ers would have no option but to take back Gallo as part of the deal.

I just wanted you to know where I started to devalue your point.   It really started with the Koncak  picture in the lefthand corner... but then I said...  Well, the Koncak Contract and it's effect on the NBA is what my thesis was about.. so I will give him a break. 

But then you said some BS about us not being a playoff team... I say.. Just watch.

The you said some more BS about playing Jalen Johnson in his place...  I say.. ????

Finally, you said he's not valuable in trade... and I submit that he's running a very close second to JC as to who people want in trade. 

• Like 4

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I just wanted you to know where I started to devalue your point.   It really started with the Koncak  picture in the lefthand corner... but then I said...  Well, the Koncak Contract and it's effect on the NBA is what my thesis was about.. so I will give him a break. 

But then you said some BS about us not being a playoff team... I say.. Just watch.

The you said some more BS about playing Jalen Johnson in his place...  I say.. ????

Finally, you said he's not valuable in trade... and I submit that he's running a very close second to JC as to who people want in trade. 

Yeah i agree 100%, but i guess if you view us as a tanking team then playing Jalen makes sense.  It'll be a few years before Jalen is as good as Gallo is right now if we're lucky but if we don't care about winning then we could do that.  

I'm excited about JJ but i really implore everyone to watch the college park games.   His shooting and passing is very good, but he's making hay because he's just that much better of an athlete than a lot of the Gleague.   He still has lots to work on.   I think we could see him in spots after the deadline but i think he understands that he needs to get into another gear for the NBA.   He's played limited high level ball before the draft. 

• Like 1

Gallo’s one of my favorite Hawks and I’d really hate to lose him. He has tremendous value both on the floor and in a trade. Voted to keep him, but his trade value may be too high for him to stay.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

We want a first or bundle him up for a better player. That's the asking price for Gallo. He has a very movable contract and he is absolutely contributing as a 6'11" shooter that also can post and is almost a lock at the free throw line. Whoever this new guy is saying he has no value on the court or in trades is sorely mistaken. I don't want to scare off a new poster but they couldn't possibly be more wrong.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, Sothron said:

We want a first or bundle him up for a better player. That's the asking price for Gallo. He has a very movable contract and he is absolutely contributing as a 6'11" shooter that also can post and is almost a lock at the free throw line. Whoever this new guy is saying he has no value on the court or in trades is sorely mistaken. I don't want to scare off a new poster but they couldn't possibly be more wrong.

Do we really want any more firsts??

I mean.. this draft isn't going to be the strongest... and we're talking Guaranteed contracts.     We're so close to the TxL that I would think we're good on picks. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Do we really want any more firsts??

I mean.. this draft isn't going to be the strongest... and we're talking Guaranteed contracts.     We're so close to the TxL that I would think we're good on picks. 

Doesn't have to be a first for this offseason although that would get more preference. I believe Travis wants to either make a big trade if possible before the deadline or stockpile enough assets at the draft in the offseason to use them for said big trade.

• Like 3

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I keep trying to think who that player can be. 

Gallo and the Charlotte 1st = ????

It's hard because we would need to replace his production.   It would seem to be a  move for the future more than this season. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I keep trying to think who that player can be. 

Gallo and the Charlotte 1st = ????

They aren't going to give Gallo away. The unfortunate effect of Travis saying the trades weren't over with Cam's trade is that some media types think we're having a fire sale. We're not. Gallo is a big fit for us and he doesn't want to be traded. Travis is a GM that rewards loyalty. If you remember they made a big deal about bringing John back because they respected him for caring more about team than chasing personal stats even in a contract year. Gallo 100% wants to stay here. 

So it would take something that truly works for us to move him. he's not here just to be flipped.

• Thanks 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Sothron said:

They aren't going to give Gallo away. The unfortunate effect of Travis saying the trades weren't over with Cam's trade is that some media types think we're having a fire sale. We're not. Gallo is a big fit for us and he doesn't want to be traded. Travis is a GM that rewards loyalty. If you remember they made a big deal about bringing John back because they respected him for caring more about team than chasing personal stats even in a contract year. Gallo 100% wants to stay here. 

So it would take something that truly works for us to move him. he's not here just to be flipped.

This is the curious thing to me about Travis' little blow saying it was a mistake to bring everyone back and he needed to be looking at moves.   There aren't a lot of moves we can make that will make us better this year.  

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

This is the curious thing to me about Travis' little blow saying it MAYBE was a mistake to bring everyone back and he needed to be looking at moves.   There aren't a lot of moves we can make that will make us better this year.  

Fixed

Maybe he was thinking he should have moved Cam before the season started, that way ot would not have been a distraction?

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Fixed

Maybe he was thinking he should have moved Cam before the season started, that way ot would not have been a distraction?

Yes but if that's all he was thinking then what he said on the radio seemed way over the top to me.   I know some think he was just lighting a fire under the guys but to me that's not really the GM's job. 

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

This is the curious thing to me about Travis' little blow saying it was a mistake to bring everyone back and he needed to be looking at moves.   There aren't a lot of moves we can make that will make us better this year.  

He said maybe it was a mistake. Our recent better play is justifying his decision to bring the gang back so to speak. Cam was going to be traded at some point and frankly Travis's comments about removing him from the rotation to tighten up the rotation has been proven correct. The team is playing better without Cam. 

So when you say they aren't a lot of moves we can make that infers Travis was only talking about to the trading deadline. I know he's also considering the offseason which tbh is when way more trades, big or small, take place. The big knock for instance on a Simmons trade is when would he be ready to actually play for us this year versus how much worse the team is since we'd have to lose valuable players to get him. The team would clearly be worse off and the record would reflect it.

Now if we make a big move in the offseason then we have all offseason/training camp/pre season to mesh guys into our team. 

I don't see us making the big trade unless Morey comes to his senses or another team really sells Travis on a big trade before  the deadline. I think it is significantly more likely to see a trade at the draft when draft picks are locked in where they fall in the draft. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Yes but if that's all he was thinking then what he said on the radio seemed way over the top to me.   I know some think he was just lighting a fire under the guys but to me that's not really the GM's job. 

I think the WAY we were losing games was cause for his concern.

• Like 2