• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Capela spitting facts

NBASupes

• Premium Member

yep, 100% true.

We shrugged off Trae's comments about the regular season months ago, but maybe we shouldn't have.  And the lack of effort and give a F on defense has spread through our lineup like a new strain of Covid.   This team is pathetic.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Okay, we all can see this. But what are they going to do about it?

Clint, your azz is supposed to be a vet and leader in the locker room. You signed a nice extension before the season but you stay getting outplayed by OO every other game.

This team is not all that young.  Lou, Gallo, Clint, Delon have all been on multiple playoff teams before joining Atlanta. You telling me there is nobody who can effectively light a fire under the younger players behind the scenes? OO plays with fire and he is the youngest of our rotation guys. JC generally shows up to play regardless of his boxscore. He finds a way to affect the game.

Is it all on Trae?

Are Kev/Dre no longer reliable?

Is Bogi too inconsistent this year?

I don't understand the problem when there is experience throughout the roster, talent trough out the roster. What's so hard about fighting through screens and talking on defense? It's been do or die mode since January, but we can't string together more wins than losses.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Dnice said:

Put up or shut up, all of em.  They do look like some of them just met each other 2 weeks ago sometimes.

that makes sense because I feel like I don't even know who some of these players are anymore.   These aren't the same guys I watched in the playoffs last year.  except Trae.

1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Clint, your azz is supposed to be a vet and leader in the locker room. You signed a nice extension before the season but you stay getting outplayed by OO every other game.

This team is not all that young.  Lou, Gallo, Clint, Delon have all been on multiple playoff teams before joining Atlanta. You telling me there is nobody who can effectively light a fire under the younger players behind the scenes? OO plays with fire and he is the youngest of our rotation guys. JC generally shows up to play regardless of his boxscore. He finds a way to affect the game.

Is it all on Trae?

I don't understand the problem when there is experience throughout the roster, talent trough out the roster. What's so hard about fighting through screens and talking on defense? It's been do or die mode since January, but we can't string together more wins than losses.

It's not all on Trae. There is ample blame to go around. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It's not all on Trae. There is ample blame to go around. 

Wow I’m actually shocked to here you say that it isn’t all Trae fault.

but yes it’s blame all around! Trae shouldn’t have let that come out his mouth months ago…very stupid and immature but hey he’s still 23. I bet he’s not bored now!

as far as the others go…Capela stated that several where saying things as if we were going to easily make the playoffs. My question is this…where the heck are our vets Capela, Gallo, Bogi, Lou during this and who was trying to pull the team back to reality? 

Did the coaching staff know about this ?

I wonder when the reality set in that they weren’t as good as they thought 

3 minutes ago, JTB said:

Wow I’m actually shocked to here you say that it isn’t all Trae fault.

but yes it’s blame all around! Trae shouldn’t have let that come out his mouth months ago…very stupid and immature but hey he’s still 23. I bet he’s not bored now!

as far as the others go…Capela stated that several where saying things as if we were going to easily make the playoffs. My question is this…where the heck are our vets Capela, Gallo, Bogi, Lou during this and who was trying to pull the team back to reality? 

Did the coaching staff know about this ?

I wonder when the reality set in that they weren’t as good as they thought 

I bet Old school Nate cringed when he heard those "boring" comments.....

Been telling everybody, everything starts and ends with your best player..

If Trae gives max effort on D, the other players will follow..

That's just how it is....

Same as in management..If you see your supervisor putting in work EVERY day, you will too.. If hes bored(being lazy) during the week(reg season), but busts his ass on Fridays(playoffs), expect the rest of the crew to do the same.. Ive witnessed it...

Edited by terrell

I wonder if Capela is a team enemy now after coming out saying this. He got pretty detailed saying that the team is offensive minded and basically there’s very few who takes pride on defense!…man as a player even if your offensive minded that’s hurtful to your pride and competitive spirit!

I like it! I hope it lights a fire under the team because none of them can come at capela regarding defense.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, terrell said:

I bet Old school Nate cringed when he heard those "boring" comments.....

Been telling everybody, everything starts and ends with your best player..

If Trae gives max effort on D, the other players will follow..

That's just how it is....

Same as in management..If you see your supervisor putting in work EVERY day, you will too.. If hes bored(being lazy) during the week(reg season), but busts his ass on Fridays(playoffs), expect the rest of the crew to do the same.. Ive witnessed it...

That’s fine. We can say it starts with Trae but there are some guys out there like Marcus Smart for example or our very own Capela who’s just going give max effort on defense no matter what. 

Trae is not the defensive anchor . That doesn’t mean he gets an excuse to not put forward the effort …I just believe Trae is the type that need a defensive leader like Draymond. I find Draymond as a loud mouth who just talks a lot of noise but honestly I think Draymonds leadership and communication  played a massive part on helping Curry and Klay be serious about the defensive end and push them. 

Trae unfortunately just doesn’t have a natural defensive grind and grit mindset like he does offensively but that doesn’t mean we can’t win with him …it means we need to find what pushes him defensively to always put the effort in on that end. Or if he gives the excuse that he’s relied on offensively so heavily (which he could make a valid excuse on) then we need to get him some true help on the offensive end to help reserve his energy on the defensive end.

With that said these defensive issues are not all on trae. Even when he’s off the court they just aren’t good defensively and Capela knows this too.

3 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Is it all on Trae?

This is what I don’t understand. I get Trae made the comment earlier in the season and it was dumb to say but at the same time it’s like ok what are our vets doing to reel this team back in? 

whos the vet with balls that’s calling out Trae and others ?

sounds like to me the team never had a players only meeting cause they need to get to some things off their chest and say what they feel. Grown ass men …put your pride to the side and face reality.

If Capela need to tell Trae, Bogi, and Huerter they are shit on defense and need to step it up …then he should be able to say it without worrying about feelings and if Trae need to tell the team he need more offensively from them so he can be better defensively then he should tell his team that.

Im my mind, Capela should be like an enforcer type in the locker room who can say what he wants and dare somebody to step to him about it. 

"So what you gonna do about it" lookin self.

JC is good positive energy, somebody needs to be an asshole. Gallo is all business, which is great, but when he opens his mouth he sounds like this guy. 

https://youtu.be/WwTBeLi_No0

Clint needs to be more vocal and hold guys accountable if he is going to be keeping it real in the media

Just now, RedDawg#8 said:

Im my mind, Capela should be like an enforcer type in the locker room who can say what he wants and dare somebody to step to him about it. 

JC is good positive energy, somebody needs to be an asshole. Gallo is all business, which is great, but when he opens his mouth he sounds like this guy. 

Clint needs to be more vocal and hold guys accountable if he is going to be keeping it real in the media

I wonder if JC knows HOW to use his voice in the best way. Everyone around here is so high on JC being vocal and that’s great but everyone that’s vocal isn’t necessarily impacting if that makes sense.

on the somebody need to be an asshole part…this is why I was all for Marcus Smart! Get some attitude in the locker room but for the good not the bad.

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

We miss the knife

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

I've been meaning to make a post about the Hawks situation post trade deadline from my source. I've been waiting for either Capela or Collins to talk to the media about part of it. Capela has just crossed the Rubicon with his comments.

I know that @thecampster and @NBASupes know what I am talking about. All is not well in the Hawks locker room even though no one was traded at the deadline. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I've been meaning to make a post about the Hawks situation post trade deadline from my source. I've been waiting for either Capela or Collins to talk to the media about part of it. Capela has just crossed the Rubicon with his comments.

I know that @thecampster and @NBASupes know what I am talking about. All is not well in the Hawks locker room even though no one was traded at the deadline. 

I previously made mention that 'something' is off after the Indy game when we ran them out the building...usually guys are all high fiving and yucking it up on the bench and on court when we are steam rolling a team.  I didn't see any of that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

giphy.gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sothron said:

Are any of you allowed to talk about it?

let me guess it starts with Trae and defense???…that much is probably a given. 

I’ve always wondered about how much the team appreciates Collins being so called “vocal” as well.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JTB said:

Are any of you allowed to talk about it?

let me guess it starts with Trae and defense???…that much is probably a given. 

I’ve always wondered about how much the team appreciates Collins being so called “vocal” as well.

I made the post. And yes, I am allowed to talk about it but not the more personal things being said between players and coaches/FO.

• Thanks 1