• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Atlanta Hawks 2021-22 Off-Season Plans

NBASupes

• Premium Member

Ayton is a definite upgrade over Capela. We get nothing from our starting center on offense except rare lobs and the complete inability to hit free throws. The difference between Ayton and Capela on offense is night and day. On defense Capela is slightly better but that small difference doesn't make up for the offense.

We need to get another star in here. Zion or whoever else. Another guy that can get buckets and take some of the offensive load off Trae. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sothron said:

Ayton is a definite upgrade over Capela. We get nothing from our starting center on offense except rare lobs and the complete inability to hit free throws. The difference between Ayton and Capela on offense is night and day. On defense Capela is slightly better but that small difference doesn't make up for the offense.

We need to get another star in here. Zion or whoever else. Another guy that can get buckets and take some of the offensive load off Trae. 

What about KAT? 🏃‍♀️ 

0E7572A2-ACFE-4939-AC6E-E99CCE5A07DB.jpeg

BF84EBAC-C945-48D9-ADB6-300410D2B79C.jpeg

3222BF1D-EBC3-4471-A137-D177AF19380B.jpeg

OFF SEASON MOVES?

Hawks have too many pretty good players and not enough very good players.  Trading two or three for one.  Adding future draft picks to make a deal work.  

:smug:

• Like 1

On 3/10/2022 at 7:22 AM, NBASupes said:

Yes, Anthony Day to Davis. I'll take him over JC. Last night's game is why. AD might play 20-25 less games than JC but he shows up for the ones against Giannis and Randle. 

Sorry, this is inaccurate.  Giannis has stolen day2Davis' soul several times this year alone.  Day2 was considered the best big in the game and an MVP-level performer.  No one feels that way now.  Shiii, Adebayo has passed him by.  He's not even in the same zip code as Giannis.

36 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Sorry, this is inaccurate.  Giannis has stolen day2Davis' soul several times this year alone.  Day2 was considered the best big in the game and an MVP-level performer.  No one feels that way now.  Shiii, Adebayo has passed him by.  He's not even in the same zip code as Giannis.

Giannis dropped 40+ twice but AD had a higher +/- and dropped 20+. He didn't disappear and had to be protected like JC. No question, Giannis is superior to AD at this stage but at least AD is competitive. Adebayo has passed AD, no disagreement from me on that. 

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/202111170MIL.html

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/202202080LAL.html

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
41 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Yes...

I have no want for AD.  He's lazy.  His gameplay is down and he's injured a lot.   Nope. 

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Giannis dropped 40+ twice but AD had a higher +/- and dropped 20+. He didn't disappear and had to be protected like JC. No question, Giannis is superior to AD at this stage but at least AD is competitive. Adebayo has passed AD, no disagreement from me on that. 

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/202111170MIL.html

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/202202080LAL.html

This is fair(ish).  But I mean, we are talking about a could-be 3TIAR MVP.  It's no shame that Collins was outclassed, but it is definitely a problem if he's not gonna at least try to get some get-back.

I agreed with McMillan's comments about the team getting beaten up (independent of the odd officiating) and not seemingly responding.  There's a bunch of roleplayers who get out-talented but who show fight.  We have a habit of not doing that at certain positions. At least not consistently.

stu's gut, Kenrich, is nowhere near as talented as most guys but he's gonna at least bring it every night.  That's a 'skill' we lack and have for a long time.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Yes...

I have no want for AD.  He's lazy.  His gameplay is down and he's injured a lot.   Nope. 

A lot of facts here.  Supes is right that Day2Davis does pop some times but he should be so much better than he's shown in LA.  So much better.

But he's flat out lazy and it's shameful that he can't 'get up' for Lebron who's the guy who saved(sic) him from NOP.

I have zero confidence he'll do anything but go through the motions in his next stop.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

A lot of facts here.  Supes is right that Day2Davis does pop some times but he should be so much better than he's shown in LA.  So much better.

But he's flat out lazy and it's shameful that he can't 'get up' for Lebron who's the guy who saved(sic) him from NOP.

I have zero confidence he'll do anything but go through the motions in his next stop.

Injury prone Davis. Nah, can’t our our #2 absent all the time. You know what we need, we need what plainview stated as obvious to most and diesel hit him up with a Jordan gif… We need, wait for it…

a Jimmy Butler type :indifferent:🏃‍♀️ 

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I would rather overpay for Ayton than to take AD...

There is no lazy in Ayton. 

13 minutes ago, kg01 said:

This is fair(ish).  But I mean, we are talking about a could-be 3TIAR MVP.  It's no shame that Collins was outclassed, but it is definitely a problem if he's not gonna at least try to get some get-back.

I agreed with McMillan's comments about the team getting beaten up (independent of the odd officiating) and not seemingly responding.  There's a bunch of roleplayers who get out-talented but who show fight.  We have a habit of not doing that at certain positions. At least not consistently.

stu's gut, Kenrich, is nowhere near as talented as most guys but he's gonna at least bring it every night.  That's a 'skill' we lack and have for a long time.

Kenrich is one of my favs. I hate that we are never in line to get him but he's seeking mins

11 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Injury prone Davis. Nah, can’t our our #2 absent all the time. You know what we need, we need what plainview stated as obvious to most and diesel hit him up with a Jordan gif… We need, wait for it…

a Jimmy Butler type :indifferent:🏃‍♀️ 

Who'd be your Jimi, spud?  Lu Dort?  Despite my protestations to his all-star selection, Dejounte is mine.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AHF said:

I don't buy into the narrative that AD is lazy but I do think his injury history is a huge red flag and makes any trade for him too dicey to really see as being possible..

Use your eyes, AH.  The dude's nickname is La-Z-boi. 

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What kind of salary are you offering in a resign?

I would have to gauge it based on what he will be offered throughout the league.   I'm guessing midlevel?  I'd be willing to put 2 to 3 years with a deal. 

However, I'm sure he'd want more minutes elsewhere.