• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If Nate won't play JJ with JC out indefinitely and Gallo gimpy...

REHawksFan

16 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

The 2 bolded statements are the only parts of that worth responding to. The rest is just pie in the sky wishful thinking. 

First, you don't know JJ isn't ready to contribute. He hasn't been given any chance. This idea you have that this is some title team where a rookie can't develop is straight nonsense. Do you even know what you are saying? I mean nearly every other playoff team has played 1 or more rookies more than JJ has played this year. The assertion that the Hawks are above that somehow is asinine and frankly laughable if the reality of it all wasn't so damn depressing. 

And secondly,  the HAWKS will be going into next season with  a rookie that has zero experience and will be learning the ropes whereas Tor, Cleveland, BKN, Boston, Cha, Mia, and even Mil - all playoff teams btw - will have 2nd year players with more NBA experience than JJ. You talk about development but other teams are developing their players while still managing to put a playoff team on the floor. What a novel concept.

It's ridiculous. 

I know basketball and it's wasn't hard to tell that he would need some serious time before he was ready. Basketball is more about the physical it's about the mental. JJ as most rookies do have been working on mentally maturing more than anything.

I know exactly what I'm  saying. I just see things a little deeper than the average. It's easy to imagine what you'd/we'd like to believe would happen if we played JJ but reality could take away from that illusion.

I could break down scenarios but those too would be illusions and the reality is what it is.

Skyhawk coaches refer to JJ as a young version of King James.  Is he this good?  Nate says he's not even good enough to play meaningful minutes in the NBA.

Would it really shatter our dreams if he played and was a complete failure?  Just one game and he really messed up everything and cost Atlanta the game and the opportunity to go to the post season?  

Don't worry about that.  He's nailed securely to the pine.  

:smug:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sillent said:

I know basketball and it's wasn't hard to tell that he would need some serious time before he was ready. Basketball is more about the physical it's about the mental. JJ as most rookies do have been working on mentally maturing more than anything.

I know exactly what I'm  saying. I just see things a little deeper than the average. It's easy to imagine what you'd/we'd like to believe would happen if we played JJ but reality could take away from that illusion.

I could break down scenarios but those too would be illusions and the reality is what it is.

Good for you, I guess.  You clearly think you are smarter than everyone else (which includes at least a dozen GMs and coaching staffs around the NBA that have managed to develop rookies this year while also navigating a playoff run in the regular season).   I think you are wrong and not quite as smart as you seem to think you are.  But neither of us are going to change our opinion on the matter.

All that's left now is to look forward to next year when MAYBE Nate will elect to allow JJ to get his first meaningful NBA experience. I can't wait to hear him tell me that we need to be patient because he's just learning the NBA game.  

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, sillent said:

I don't think there is anyone that doesn't think that JJ needs time to be 'ready'.  He struggled in the early GLeague games but has been so much better over the course of the season.

Again, no one is saying to entrench him as a mainstay in the regular rotation, but rather give him the minutes they have given to Knox in his short stints.  If he does some positive things give him another go, if not then he sits.

• Like 4

Going to play NY tonight.  Some Hawks are out.  Nate has another opportunity to give JJ meaningful minutes.  Will he break down and let him on the floor?  Probably not.

NY has our number in the regular season.  Last season & this season.  Remember, this is still regular season!  Go Kevin Knox!  You de man tonight!

:sun:

21 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't think there is anyone that doesn't think that JJ needs time to be 'ready'.  He struggled in the early GLeague games but has been so much better over the course of the season.

Again, no one is saying to entrench him as a mainstay in the regular rotation, but rather give him the minutes they have given to Knox in his short stints.  If he does some positive things give him another go, if not then he sits.

Believe me I wanted the same thing. I just looked at it from a GM/Front office standpoint of trying to figure out how to keep and grow as much of the core as possible. They can gain a lot more by developing him "behind the scenes" while  keeping his value low.

I feel the same about playing Sharife especially when Trae is out but I do understand it from other sides. Just like I understand people need someone to point a finger at for the good and the bad. I was just trying to share that it might not be that simple as we wish it would.