• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If Nate won't play JJ with JC out indefinitely and Gallo gimpy...

REHawksFan

7 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I wasn't Joking when I said, starting tonight the fans ought to start the chant... we want Jalen.   It should be resounding in the arena... because that will catch ownerships ear.

Love the passion but we're not Knick fans, bro.

I'm still also enjoying the teeth gnashing from folks that I kept telling to stop scapegoating one guy for all our problems.

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e476jgx6l1fiw25wipsxw

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e476jgx6l1fiw25wipsxw

Haha, and I'm back from the future with live clips of Nate's answer when asked about playing Jalen ...

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47mtlys9lak3tncvgu6s

Haha, carry on folks.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

From the article:

Hawks need a guy that can do multiple things with our over reliance on Trae.

What right reads are TLC and No-Knox making that are providing real impact?

Then why is Okongwu still seeing such limited minutes particularly with our big man injuries?

Get on the bolded Schlenk.  Exactly on point with the Gallo no-defense...JJ might luck into a couple blocks or deflections just on his athleticism alone.

The truly maddening thing is the skillset that JJ possesses - while still young and undeveloped - is the EXACT thing this team needs.  And no one knows how he will fare as a rookie in the NBA because he hasn't been given a chance. But all he's done is excel in the G-league at every opportunity. 

How can ANYONE say with a straight face that JJ couldn't possibly be better than this:

JJ Comp.jpg

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Well, it's a good sign that Jalen has been called up from the Skyhawks.  

This is his time to dance.. I hope he's ready. 

Dance GIF - Dance Happydance - Discover & Share GIFs | Dancing animated gif,  Gif dance, Dancing gif

If he plays, I will chalk it up to my reply I wrote on a Hawks tweet. I really got their attention!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Well, it's a good sign that Jalen has been called up from the Skyhawks.  

This is his time to dance.. I hope he's ready. 

Oh please, they've been calling him and Cooper up and down so much it means nothing at this point.

They are programmed to do that song n' dance, sir.  They'll not deviate this far into the season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, REHawksFan said:

The truly maddening thing is the skillset that JJ possesses - while still young and undeveloped - is the EXACT thing this team needs.  And no one knows how he will fare as a rookie in the NBA because he hasn't been given a chance. But all he's done is excel in the G-league at every opportunity. 

How can ANYONE say with a straight face that JJ couldn't possibly be better than this:

JJ Comp.jpg

Well if JJ is not better than Knox and TLC then this is the biggest draft whiff of Travis' career and that includes Omari and Bruno.   

I'm with everyone that it is time to see JJ.  I just hope folks have a realistic expectation.   I think the passing will translate to the NBA really well and am excited to see it.   The big scoring and rebounds in the Gleague is partially a function of him being the best athlete on the floor at all times.   So the big question mark is can he get himself in the right positions on both sides of the floor in the NBA.  

I'm ready to find out.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

From the article:

Hawks need a guy that can do multiple things with our over reliance on Trae.

What right reads are TLC and No-Knox making that are providing real impact?

Then why is Okongwu still seeing such limited minutes particularly with our big man injuries?

Get on the bolded Schlenk.  Exactly on point with the Gallo no-defense...JJ might luck into a couple blocks or deflections just on his athleticism alone.

Just the fact that Nate had to be forced to give OO longer minutes, is a firing offense to me, given the talent that OO obviously showed in his short stints.

To do the same to JJ while ignoring a glaring need leaves me angry and bitter towards Nate.

Get him gone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, terrell said:

Just the fact that Nate had to be forced to give OO longer minutes, is a firing offense to me, given the talent that OO obviously showed in his short stints.

To do the same to JJ while ignoring a glaring need leaves me angry and bitter towards Nate.

Get him gone.

As far as I can tell, as of right now Nate is the #1 problem with the Hawks. Even more than injuries

He didn't play JJ until only 1 minute remained.  To put him in the game earlier would have caused Nate to have a nervous beak down.  After all, he's just a rookie, up from the G League.

:frantics:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2