• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Interesting take on twitter by a Knicks fan.

marco102

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Yeah, this ain't it chief.  The majority around here wanted to keep wing stop to see their potential.  We, the majority, were not saying they were the next Kawahi and PG13.  There was some mention of it I'll fully admit, but for the most part it was in jest. 

Jalen Johnson no one is on here saying if he gets more playing time he will be the next Giannis or LBJ. 

That's the type of gap between IQ and Trae. 

The most extreme opinions were not that these guys were as good as prime Kawhi / PG13.  It was that if they developed along the lines that people were hoping for then they could have the impact of someone like that.  Nobody was arguing "Hunter is as good as Kawhi right now and would be matching his performance if Nate would only increase his playing time."  

Definitely a case of a lot of us hoping for development that hasn't come rather than making the type of argument being made with  Quickley.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

Yeah, this ain't it chief.  The majority around here wanted to keep wing stop to see their potential.  We, the majority, were not saying they were the next Kawahi and PG13.  There was some mention of it I'll fully admit, but for the most part it was in jest. 

Jalen Johnson no one is on here saying if he gets more playing time he will be the next Giannis or LBJ. 

That's the type of gap between IQ and Trae. 

One guy told me Hunter was a future HOFer and several people projected him as an Allstar.  I agree that it is a touch different than saying Quickley would be Trae Young.  Projecting someone to be an Allstar is a lot bigger expectation than what you are describing, though.  The Hawks Reddit was saying we wouldn't need to replace Gallinari, Capela, or Bogi because of Okongwu, Cam, and Hunter.  People, maybe not you, were saying pretty absurd things.  Including one very infamous thread.  

Jalen is a different story.  Very few were as high on Jalen after summer league as I was.  There have been a couple suggestions that we would have had a better record this year if we let him play more.  That is not remotely on the level of comparing Quickley to Trae.  

20 hours ago, marco102 said:
I just wanted to get your thoughts on the matter. 

I'll post mine a little later once I have more time to digest this foolishness.

I started to post a cute little gif about this but this is a serious matter.

The caption to that tweet should read, "If all you haters were right about Trae, he'd be Quickley".

I'm so flummoxed by this that I can't even get mad at the Nix fans.  We know they stupid.  I'm mad at you, marco, for bringing this to our collective attention.

@TheNorthCydeRises owes the board 50 pushups for his jinx thread.  I'm not sure what your punishment should be for this thread, marco.  

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I started to post a cute little gif about this but this is a serious matter.

The caption to that tweet should read, "If all you haters were right about Trae, he'd be Quickley".

I'm so flummoxed by this that I can't even get mad at the Nix fans.  We know they stupid.  I'm mad at you, marco, for bringing this to our collective attention.

@TheNorthCydeRises owes the board 50 pushups for his jinx thread.  I'm not sure what your punishment should be for this thread, marco.  

Nothing, don't act like you didn't lol when you read it.  The fact that the dude is seriously defending his take in the thread is hilarious!

7 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Nothing, don't act like you didn't lol when you read it.  The fact that the dude is seriously defending his take in the thread is hilarious!

I'll have you know I most certainly did not "lol" when I read that.  I was mortified.

I'm circulating a petition to ban you for an unspecified period of time.  I've gotten several signature so far.  Several.  Just ignore the fact that they're all the same handwriting.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
On 4/13/2022 at 1:13 PM, Final_quest said:

One guy told me Hunter was a future HOFer and several people projected him as an Allstar.  I agree that it is a touch different than saying Quickley would be Trae Young.  Projecting someone to be an Allstar is a lot bigger expectation than what you are describing, though.  The Hawks Reddit was saying we wouldn't need to replace Gallinari, Capela, or Bogi because of Okongwu, Cam, and Hunter.  People, maybe not you, were saying pretty absurd things.  Including one very infamous thread.  

Jalen is a different story.  Very few were as high on Jalen after summer league as I was.  There have been a couple suggestions that we would have had a better record this year if we let him play more.  That is not remotely on the level of comparing Quickley to Trae.  

I don't know that we would have had a better record this year if we JJ play more but my hope is that we would have been better equipped for the playoffs and for next year.  Most rookies don't add wins and JJ was raw.  But the more high level action he can see, the sooner he can be ready and some guys in his mold are able to contribute earlier than you might think.  There is only one way to find that out and it is by giving that player some consistent limited run.  If you don't let them play, you never find that out.  And if they stink, you adjust their minutes accordingly but you are rarely well served in the NBA by freezing a player out entirely just for the sake of more minutes for a Kevin Knox / TLC type of player.  OO was a good example of that last year.