• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

We should want to young talent if we are adding a max player or two. That is the only way to build depth other than vet minimums.

Ayton with Trae will be an Allstar.

And it’s so obvious but many on this board is missing that.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, georgia said:

JC for 7, Hart and Nasir Little- I’d look into that possibly.    But in all honesty, if I’m trading JC it’s not for a lottery pick in this draft.   

Hart is not available at ALL. It would have to be 7. Portland also really wants to stay in the top 20 but Atlanta is extremely reluctant to trade 16 right now but as I've said, Atlanta wants a lot of 2023 1sts. If Portland is willing to offer something like 7/Winslow/2023 1st (Lotto protected) for JC/16. I personally believe, we could have a deal if the player Atlanta wants is available at 7. That's a big if and no I do not know who Atlanta wants if they move up. Don't ask. I won't know if the days nearing the draft at the soonest. 

Little is considered a part of their core with Simons and obviously Dame. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

NBA Draft News - Top 7 Only, I have nothing new on the others in the lottery. 

1. Orlando - As we get closer to the draft, his intel is that Orlando is looking to Jabari Smith at #1 overall. He has the best mix of ceiling and floor. I did get confirmation as well that J. Isaac and M. Fultz is on the trading block. They are seeking a quality rotational 2-guard for Isaac and two 2nds for Fultz. I am told that the Phoenix Suns have interest in Fultz. Terrance Ross is currently being shopped as well with limited interest at best. Orlando would prefer to keep Bamba's rights and do a SnT for Bamba. 

2. OKC - Has been one of the most active teams looking for moves in the 2022 draft. I am told that teams would like to buy picks from them but not many are super interested in trading back from where OKC is calling about. As I said, Ivey is being said to be their top guy but the tea leaves is that if Holmgren is at #2, he's the pick. OKC is trying to move up to 4 to grab Ivey as well. 

3. HOU - All signs were pointing to Banchero being the 3rd pick but things have changed. Ivey is making a serious run for it at 3. We will see if he can pass him or if he will fall short like Garland did with the Knicks when they took R.J. 3rd. It's a dead heat for Ivey/Banchero. 

4. SAC - Sacramento have reached out to teams like Atlanta for JC but they are more likely to stay or slightly trade down. They also aren't likely to trade up either. Cost too high. While SAC is all in on Banchero, they seem to be split on Ivey but the lean right now is if Banchero is gone, Ivey will be the pick. There is also thought that if Ivey is the pick, Fox could be on the move and their are legit suitors for Fox in particular the Wizards and the Knicks. The Wizards have intriguing pieces so keep an eye out on that if Ivey is the pick. For a win now team, SAC is generally all over the place. 

5. DET - It's been pretty clear out of DET that their plans are to try to get another great pick with Grant as a piece, they haven't been so lucky with offers yet. That said, it's Ivey, then it's Murray. Sharpe is also a possibility here. DET would really like Ivey and have spoke to SAC about the possibilities of moving up.  It will cost them a top end protected 1st but DET seems to be open to the idea. "This is my opinion but DET is greatly overvaluing J. Grant but that's just me, I am not their GM, Mr. Weaver". 

6. IND - This is been a team that's in an unique position. They aren't rebuilding but all of their vets are available for trade at the right price. They value 6 but they have seriously inquired about John Collins. Turner is available but he's not cheap is what sources around the league are saying. They are interested in Ayton if he's willing to listen to them. Ivey is the guy here if he falls, otherwise, it's Murray. If Murray is gone, Griffin, Sochan, or Eason could be the move based on interest. Trading back is a serious possibility here. They are said to be open to drafting at 6 and keeping this pick but they are clearly looking at all of their options. 

7. POR - The closer it gets to the draft, the closer I think this pick could be gone. That said, if they keep the pick, it's Daniels, Duren, Sharpe, Williams, etc. It's about 20 guys vying for the 7th overall pick. It seems like they have real interest in everybody. This team is a trade back candidate. No need to mention that they are the most aggressive in terms of interest in JC. Portland is not interested in moving Hart. It's Winslow that's said to be who they are packaging with that pick in framework chatter. 

While I wouldn't consider it to be a lock that Atlanta trades JC to move up, it's a possibility. Chances are, JC will likely be moved, if not during the draft, during FA. It will be a nice surprise if he's still a Hawk at training camp.  

Hawks should be all over isaac and fultz

3 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

I’m interested to see who the Hawks would want in the top 7…or top 4 if the Kings trade somehow works out. Me thinks it’s Ivey. 

Ivey fairly obviously at 4. At 6 or 7, idk. I personally would like Sharpe. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, BangHolman said:

It seems like we're favoring a wing to play next to Trae.

If last year draft is indications, they wanted Josh Primo the most, then Duarte, then Sengun. 

Trade deadline. Tried to get Hart and most importantly McCollum. They been targeting guards who can shoot and drive and handle as a primary in a secondary role for over a year. My guess is, its Ivey, Sharpe, Daniels, or Mathurin. One of them four. 

• Like 1

I would think Daniels or Sochan is the pick if we trade into top 10 - Ivey if top 5. I struggle accepting that trade if it includes JC.

bogi for Isaac trade is intriguing on paper. Especially since isaacs deal is on partially guaranteed starting year after next so if he never gets healthy, we can clear cap space and not be stuck. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I’d think if the JC deal to Portland happens we may be looking at sending pick 7 out for a vet in a 3 way trade.    Maybe 7 for Grant.  

I think Ivey is gone by 2 in the draft by way of pick or someone trades up to get him

• Premium Member

Any predictions that are premised on the idea that Ressler and his employees are not all in on making the 2023 EC Finals at minimum, I believe to be seriously flawed at a fundamental level.

I'm just puttin that out there. For the record.

Carry on.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

7 for GRANT! WTF

What would be the point of trading JC. To get worse and a worse contract long term?

I would not do it at all.   I’d keep Collins.  Collins should be untouchable.   Same with Hunter.   Just my opinion 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, BangHolman said:

Grant would get abused as a starting 4. He's a 3/4 tweener.  He would need to be a Hunter replacement, not a Collins replacement.

He can't even replace Hunter. Hunter can defend 1, 2, 3, and big wings. Grant only can defend big wings and 4s. Not ideal when we got Trae Young. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He can't even replace Hunter. Hunter can defend 1, 2, 3, and big wings. Grant only can defend big wings and 4s. Not ideal when we got Trae Young. 

Agreed, I don't see it.