• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Bro, that's not easy to fix. Just aren't that many defensive 2s with capable offensive talent who also have size. To even get the talent for the wings, you gotta trade for it. It's never available in FA. You want Atlanta to solve this problem, JC is the asset that can do so. 

Bro, I watch a lot of PHX. He's just a good defender. He's not very good like Poeltl or TimeLord. He's not excellent like Capela or Bam and he's damn sure not elite like Gobert. He's just good. He has his strengths and he has his weaknesses. Clint guards better in space than Ayton bro and is like 15 pounds heavier. 

For sure, my point being.  Let's see how it works first and then make changes as needed. 

Just now, NBASupes said:

Name em, I am already skeptical with your Randle is better than JC take. 

Great minds.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, thecampster said:

Jake Fischer on John Collins synopsis.

Atlanta would like to move him this offseason.  They like John but defense is his shortcoming and doesn't justify his contract fit with Atlanta because he isn't offensively dominant. This is in like with what I was saying that they feel John is a better fit next to stretch 5 where he has room to work.  Fischer mentioned Portland, Indiana and San Antonio as possible fits but concedes there are others. He admits the feeling around the league with Collins is team fit is key.

Collins for 7 and Bledsoe!

draft sharpe!

trae & sharpe core will be deadly in 2-3 years!

1 minute ago, Dean Walker said:

Collins for 7 and Bledsoe!

draft sharpe!

trae & sharpe core will be deadly in 2-3 years!

Hell no, Bledsoe is a shit contract making 19 mil. POR can cut his ass. I'll do Winslow/7 for JC if Sharpe or Daniels is there. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Name em, I am already skeptical with your Randle is better than JC take. 

I may be over exaggerating a bit but to reframe what I said I would take the Jae Crowders of the world over Jc at 125mil.

I may be biased because I’m just not a fan of Jc so take what I say with a grain of salt lol. 

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

PFs better than JC List: 

1. Giannis,

2. KD

3. Bron

4. Siakam

5. JJJ

6. AD 

That's it. I believe JC better than Draymond and he's better than Tobi Harris as well. 

7. Randle

8.Tobias 

9.Draymond

10.Mobley 

I can go on and on supe lol!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dean Walker said:

I may be over exaggerating a bit but to reframe what I said I would take the Jae Crowders of the world over Jc at 125mil.

I may be biased because I’m just not a fan of Jc so take what I say with a grain of salt lol. 

Naw, JC is worth his contract with his improvement he made on D. Jae basically looked like a peon against DAL and be way too old to be starting but you gotta play a strong defender next to Ayton and Jae is a very good defender. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I'll give you Mobley next year but this year, not yet. You would take Tobi and Dray over JC? 

Yeah because I believe Tobias and Julius can carry an offense from time to time and jc can’t.

Draymond is debatable but I think he brings more to the table(defense, reb etc) than Jc Does!

2 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

Yeah because I believe Tobias and Julius can carry an offense from time to time and jc can’t.

Draymond is debatable but I think he brings more to the table(defense, reb etc) than Jc Does!

Those teams are first round and out of the playoffs teams at best and they don't play the support role well, especially Randle who refuses to. 

Draymond is debatable, I can agree with that. Randle isn't even in my top 15. I do not think highly of him at all but I do respect what he is. 

JC like Draymond plays his role very well and does help winning so you can make a case for Green. His limitations are why I put JC ahead of him. 

• Like 1

A good defender at the 2 can offset the need for elite defense at the 4/5.

For instance, Trae, Delon, Dre, JC, Ayton is 4 good to great defenders next to Trae. OO is the first big off the bench. Whichever wing we keep between Kev and Bogi goes in for Trae and Delon moves to PG. That is a solid defensive unit 

Heck, we had Clint and still struggled defensively. It wasn't because the Center was weak, it was because the guards were. Were we not a better defense when Kev was locked in last season?

Upgrade perimeter defense and the entire profile of the team rises.

I would be just fine if we added Ayton for Capela and assets and added a bucket getter off the bench.

I'm fine with losing Bogi, Kev, Gallo, or #16. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

Actually the fit is with Capela.  Because Capela is no threat outside of 5 feet, his man can cheat whenever JC posts and can ignore Clint if he drifts from the basket to give JC room to work. A stretch 5 would pull the center away allowing JC's faceup/post game to be useful.

I agree offensively. But disagree about the defensive fit, with both Trae and CC. Today's NBA is about defending the perimeter. If we already have CC or someone like Ayton at C that serve primarily as rim protection and can't step out on the perimeter effectively, then the rest of the team needs to be perimeter oriented as much as possible, defensively. That's one of the main reasons I seem to value Jeremi Grant at PF more than most here, because that is his defensive profile. 

And with Trae needing to be covered up, having strong perimeter defenders at the 2, 3, and 4, are even more important. That is primarily why JC isn't as valuable to our roster as he would be to a team that doesn't have as weak a defensive player at PG that needs so much help. 

Put JC on a roster with a stretch 5 on offense, a good initiator on offense, and surrounded by other players that don't have a weak link on defense and JC would give that team borderline All-Star production. Highly doubtful he can ever give us that here and the Hawks would be wise to trade his contract for a better fit. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

For instance, Trae, Delon, Dre, JC, Ayton is 4 good to great defenders next to Trae. OO is the first big off the bench. Whichever wing we keep between Kev and Bogi goes in for Trae and Delon moves to PG. That is a solid defensive unit 

Heck, we had Clint and still struggled defensively. It wasn't because the Center was weak, it was because the guards were. Were we not a better defense when Kev was locked in last season?

I would be just fine if we added Ayton for Capela and assets and added a bucket getter off the bench.

You would need an elite defender at the 2 and he would have to be a capable offensive player. I don't know who that NBA player is. Young Jimmy Butler would be perfect. 

Just now, RandomFan said:

I agree offensively. But disagree about the defensive fit, with both Trae and CC. Today's NBA is about defending the perimeter. If we already have CC or someone like Ayton at C that serve primarily as rim protection and can't step out on the perimeter effectively, then the rest of the team needs to be perimeter oriented as much as possible, defensively. That's one of the main reasons I seem to value Jeremi Grant at PF more than most here, because that is his defensive profile. 

And with Trae needing to be covered up, having strong perimeter defenders at the 2, 3, and 4, are even more important. That is primarily why JC isn't as valuable to our roster as he would be to a team that doesn't have as weak a defensive player at PG that needs so much help. 

Put JC on a roster with a stretch 5 on offense, a good initiator on offense, and surrounded by other players that don't have a weak link on defense and JC would give that team borderline All-Star production. Highly doubtful he can ever give us that here and the Hawks would be wise to trade his contract for a better fit. 

Defensively, I think JC and Capela is fine as a pairing. The problem is, is Trae. He needs so much support on that damn end. 

3 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

People keep talking about defense.  Defense wasn't the problem against Miami.  I NEVER want to see that happen again to a Trae Young led team.  I don't think it would have happened to the extent it did with a healthy JC and Clint, but it got me wanting to get as much offensive and defensive versatility on this team as possible. 

I see Ayton and JC being a part of that. Just my humble opinion though. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

People keep talking about defense.  Defense wasn't the problem against Miami.  I NEVER want to see that happen again to a Trae Young led team.  I don't think it would have happened to the extent it did with a healthy JC and Clint, but it got me wanting to get as much offensive and defensive versatility on this team as possible. 

I see Ayton and JC being a part of that. Just my humble opinion though. 

Defense was a problem against Miami too. 

Just now, NBASupes said:

Defense was a problem against Miami too. 

Didn't say it wasn't, but that bad offense sure as hell helped Miami offensively.  The half court defense wasn't bad in the playoffs.  It was the consistent bricking and turnovers that killed the Hawks. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, marco102 said:

Didn't say it wasn't, but that bad offense sure as hell helped Miami offensively.  The half court defense wasn't bad in the playoffs.  It was the consistent bricking and turnovers that killed the Hawks. 

I mean, everything was bad against Miami

• Like 2
  • Haha 2