• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Landry Fields promoted to GM

Sothron

• Premium Member

Fields on Jaken Johnson (radio interview):

https://omny.fm/shows/middays-with-rick-john/hawks-gm-landry-fields-jalen-johnson-will-have-a-b

Andy & Randy asked Fields about which players will pop this year and may be surprise to fans outside of Dejounte Murray who is already an All-Star caliber player.

“Well this year Jalen Johnson is going to see a bigger role based off of last year.
With his size and his talent and playmaking ability I think he is a guy that fans should definitely be aware of and watching him as he kind of moves into our backup 4 at this point,” Fields replied when asked who fans should be looking out for outside of Dejounte Murray (and Trae Young obviously).

• Like 4

• Premium Member
48 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Fields on Jaken Johnson (radio interview):

https://omny.fm/shows/middays-with-rick-john/hawks-gm-landry-fields-jalen-johnson-will-have-a-b

Andy & Randy asked Fields about which players will pop this year and may be surprise to fans outside of Dejounte Murray who is already an All-Star caliber player.

“Well this year Jalen Johnson is going to see a bigger role based off of last year.
With his size and his talent and playmaking ability I think he is a guy that fans should definitely be aware of and watching him as he kind of moves into our backup 4 at this point,” Fields replied when asked who fans should be looking out for outside of Dejounte Murray (and Trae Young obviously).

I don't remember who it was giving me and others a hard time these last couple of months about the presumption that Jalen is penciled-in for rotation minutes... but if you are that person, Mr./Ms. Reader... disney-lion-king.gif

• Haha 2

• Premium Member

9 minutes ago, sturt said:

I don't remember who it was giving me and others a hard time these last couple of months about the presumption that Jalen is penciled-in for rotation minutes... but if you are that person, Mr./Ms. Reader... disney-lion-king.gif

@NBASupes thinks he should be in the GLeague again

@Dieselthinks he should earn minutes.

That's all I remember 

• Like 2

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, sturt said:

Not sure if you are talking about me but I am still hoping you win our bet!  A regular spot in the rotation is the right first step.  I wanted to see that last year on a limited basis.  That said, a rotation role doesn't guarantee 20 mpg (Delon Wright didn't average 20 mpg last year for eample) so we'll see who wins it at the end of the season. 

(Again, hope that I lose this one because JJ is so good the minutes need to go to him and not because of injury to someone else.)

• Like 1

I said I don't believe Jalen is the backup 4 to start the season unless someone says it or I see him on the court.  That being said I love that he is getting these minutes.  For me it was never about wanting him to play, it's more believing that someone who gets zero minutes last year will be a primary backup out of the gate.  Happy to be wrong about this, if it turns out to be true.  Just thought they would make him earn the minutes.  

I also said during summer league 2021 that Jalen could be better than Cam or Dre and people went nuts.  Jalen's ceiling looks pretty high to me.  

• Like 1

I feel that JJ earned the chance to be in the rotation by his G League play last summer, his sitting on the bench while with the Hawks, then his play with the Hawks in the pre-season.

His coaches from the G League last summer had some very good words about JJ after their season was over.  If he's half as good as they indicated, we will not be dissapointed.

:smug:

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

Not sure if you are talking about me

1 hour ago, Final_quest said:

I said I don't believe Jalen is the backup 4 to start the season

Kudos for reminding me, boys... I honestly just can't be devoting hard drive space in my brain for that kind of thing these days. 😄

• Haha 3