• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

• Premium Member

So... time for the Saturday night hypothetical....

ATL and SAS it turns out cannot make a trade work to the satisfaction of both sides with Collins and Murray as the principals coming from either side of the table.

Two part question.

If you're SAS and you really want Collins nonetheless, what do you offer ATL instead that doesn't involve Murray.

And.

Same shoe, other foot... if you're ATL and you really want Murray nonetheless, what do you offer SAS that doesn't involve Collins?

It goes without saying, but I'll say it... construct and offer up the most reasonable and fair trades to both sides that you can conjure up. Interested to see what people come up with.

(I ask, having no predetermined answer of my own. Just had the thought pass my puny brain during the dog walk tonight.)

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Where the Rumors at?????

Is it "rumors"... or "passing time in-between rumors"...

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

You are entitled to your opinion

Curious, what does John do that makes him untradeable for Murray? 

Truly feel Murray fills bigger holes and John's production would be easier to replace 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
Just now, akay said:

Curious, what does John do that makes him untradeable for Murray? 

Truly feel Murray fills bigger holes and John's production would be easier to replace 

20/10 with high efficiency on offense for 2 years.  Plus its not John for Murray...Its john plus draft capital for Murray

7 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

20/10 with high efficiency on offense for 2 years.  Plus its not John for Murray...Its john plus draft capital for Murray

29-53

20-47

Not a "winning player" as you put it... lol

Edited by terrell
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Technically he’s never done 20/10 a full season or when we had a winning record in an nba season during the Trae era..…just saying.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JTB said:

Technically he’s never done 20/10 a full season or when we had a winning record in an nba season during the Trae era..…just saying.

Murray didn't play an entire season with his stats...What's your point?

8 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Plus, John played for a slightly less capable coach during those years

I did some research. Because we all now you like defense right?

In DEF rating, 2 men lineups - JC/Gallo has a 114.7. OO/Gallo has a 107.4. And Capela/Gallo has a 111.7. Capela and OO were able to keep their effectiveness even with Gallo or JC on the court.

JC/Gallo put up a net rating of -0.3. As opposed to Capela/Gallo who had a 3.0 net rating. Just more evidence, as the primary interior defender, JC's defense leaves a lot to be desired. And JC requires a much better interior defender on the court with him. 

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, terrell said:

I did some research.

In DEF rating, 2 men lineups - JC/Gallo has a 114.7. OO/Gallo has a 107.4. And Capela/Gallo has a 111.7. Capela and OO were able to keep their effectiveness even with Gallo or JC on the court.

JC/Gallo put up a net rating of -0.3. As opposed to Capela/Gallo who had a 3.0 net rating. Just more evidence, as the primary interior defender, JC's defense leaves a lot to be desired. And JC requires a much better interior defender on the court with him. 

Now John isn't a good player...O.K.  John had one of his worse season's last year due to injury.  1 bad season out of 5 is better than 1 good season out of 5

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Now John isn't a good player...O.K.  John had one of his worse season's last year due to injury.  1 bad season out of 5 is better than 1 good season out of 5

I never said that. Just sayin. He cant be the 2nd highest paid player on a Trae Young led team...

6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I just get tired of seeing so many say JC is a good defender, lol. When the more accurate statement is JC is a better defender than Gallo. But good (above average) is a far stretch. It just illustrates how bad of a defender JC used to be if he's noticeably improved, and is still only average. 

• Like 1