• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

1 minute ago, thecampster said:

Our firsts would not be very high...they would most likely be 21-30 which is what we'd be trading.  The draft is a crap shoot at that range.

I don't know if this trade puts us in the top 4 of the east. Which is Philadelphia, Boston, Miami, and Milwaukee. It clearly puts us with Toronto, Brooklyn, Chicago. Moves us out of the playin tier we are in now with Cleveland and Charlotte

Just now, thecampster said:

OO is not starting at the 4 this year if they trade Collins. You need to accept that. He'll be the rotational big and get 20-25 minutes a game (maybe) but he won't start at the 4.  It will either be an experience 4 or JJ.

LMAO! Casual 

Just now, NBASupes said:

I don't know if this trade puts us in the top 4 of the east. Which is Philadelphia, Boston, Miami, and Milwaukee. It clearly puts us with Toronto, Brooklyn, Chicago. Moves us out of the playin tier we are in now with Cleveland and Charlotte

Its bigger than just Murray in, Collins out. It gives us 10 million more to spend this year and going forward. It give us the money to afford a deal like Gobert, to resign Wright, etc.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Its bigger than just Murray in, Collins out. It gives us 10 million more to spend this year and going forward. It give us the money to afford a deal like Gobert, to resign Wright, etc.

We aren't trading for Gobert or Ayton. Blame your boy 11 for that. It gets us out of LT hell so it's good short term. Long term in 2024-25, my God. I hope this works. This is an extreme risk. Feels 76erish.

Yep, I like Murray.  We would have either Trae or Murray as PG for 48 minutes.  The drop off when Trae goes out of the game is neutralized.  If it puts us in position for Gobert or Ayton, that makes it even better. 

We were 24-13 without Collins, but we need to sign someone like Thad Young if Gallo is cut. Okongwu and JJ are not going to work at PF if we are contending.  We need a vet in the PF rotation.  

• Like 2

Just now, ShooterSays said:

Where did this come from or is it just part of the disinformation campaign that we’re playing?

Trae went to Travis and Landry and made it clear he wants to continue playing with Clint. The word I got was the intel on both DA and Rudy wasn't good. That CP3 and Dom has issues for a reason.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Trae went to Travis and Landry and made it clear he wants to continue playing with Clint. The word I got was the intel on both DA and Rudy wasn't good. That CP3 and Dom has issues for a reason.

Kept this little secret under your hat

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I appreciate the intel as always. But with all the misinformation they’re putting out this off-season, I’m not counting out Ayton or Gobert just yet. Especially, if we trade for Murray and clear up some cap space. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, thecampster said:

If you can't see the difference between 3 lottery 1sts (value) and 3 low 1st round 1sts...I don't know what to say.  Those salaries at that level of the draft are equal to vet minimum salaries. If you're trying to contend, vet minimums are the better spend anyway. 

I never thought we were talking about 3 lottery 1sts to begin with. I don't even know where that came from as-if we were.

The equation is the equation for me.

This is a matter of timing. If we were talking about this trade in any of the previous off-seasons, it would be one of those laughers we scoff at. And while, yes, I concur in the optimism that Murray has permanently turned a corner, it's not such confident optimism as some of my friends here embrace. I've seen what happens. We all have. Oladipo stands out as one example of a one-ASG guy.

JC has been mostly a solid player his entire career who just hasn't had that season yet where he put it all together... Murray happens to have just now had that season, but notably, w/o any previous season giving the same general consensus assessment of his contributions as "solid."

I just don't make this bet, not at that price. I can stomach JC and one FRP, and that's only b/c, as you say, you're also getting the payroll/cap benefit. But you're only getting him for 2 seasons, and that's what keeps me from being content with a second FRP. FRPs are coveted for a reason, even if they're outside of the lottery. I don't think anyone has to really explain that.

God help us (literally) that there is some other deal out there that holds more promise to be a win for us. Count me as skeptical that any trade involving JC is likely to be a win... ie, given how the public comments grant some reason to believe our FO has an itchy trigger finger, and given how much of the chatter is about a player who almost certainly is sick and tired of hearing his name rumored out-the-wazoo... those two factors translate to low-ball offer after low-ball offer.

SAS people are smart people.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, ShooterSays said:

I appreciate the intel as always. But with all the misinformation they’re putting out this off-season, I’m not counting out Ayton or Gobert just yet. Especially, if we trade for Murray and clear up some cap space. 

What's the use in having intel guys If they aren't believable especially with this sort of info.

5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Kept this little secret under your hat

It didn't seem like anything I needed to share. Ayton intel is killing him right now. A lot of teams aren't moving forward with other plans. Rudy is fighting that and his age and contract. Getting along is a big deal when people are about to write you a blank check.

3 minutes ago, sturt said:

I never thought we were talking about 3 lottery 1sts to begin with. I don't even know where that came from as-if we were.

The equation is the equation for me.

This is a matter of timing. If we were talking about this trade in any of the previous off-seasons, it would be one of those laughers we scoff at. And while, yes, I concur in the optimism that Murray has permanently turned a corner, it's not such confident optimism as some of my friends here embrace. I've seen what happens. We all have. JC has been mostly a solid player his entire career who just hasn't had that season yet where he put it all together... Murray happens to have just now had that season, but notably, w/o any previous season giving the same general consensus assessment of his contributions as "solid."

I just don't make this bet, not at that price. I can stomach JC and one FRP, and that's only b/c, as you say, you're also getting the payroll/cap benefit. But you're only getting him for 2 seasons, and that's what keeps me from being content with a second FRP. FRPs are coveted for a reason, even if they're outside of the lottery. I don't think anyone has to really explain that.

God help us (literally) that there is some other deal out there that holds more promise to be a win for us. Count me as skeptical that any trade involving JC is likely to be a win... ie, given how the public comments grant some reason to believe our FO has an itchy trigger finger, and given how much of the chatter is about a player who almost certainly is sick and tired of hearing his name rumored out-the-wazoo... those two factors translate to low-ball offer after low-ball offer.

SAS people are smart people.

This. Damn good post.