• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You definitely on the block, I just submitted your name 10 minutes ago. I'll let you know when I find your replacement 

I just got a call from the Atlanta Hawks subreddit. They're offering 10 memes, but none of them are good.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, nathan2331 said:

I just got a call from the Atlanta Hawks subreddit. They're offering 10 memes, but none of them are good.

Shit, some of those memes are really good. I might have to hold out. Them Hawks in the playoffs memes and the Hawks win meme are classics.

Just now, terrell said:

Bad news? A healthy CC is a damn good Center..

Not sure if Ayton is a max player anyway tbh..

Id be fine with 

Trae/Murray/Hunter/PJ Tucker/CC

Delon/Huerter/Bogi/JJ/OO

Rife/Griffin

for a year or 2.. That team would be way tougher than last yrs squad..

And we need toughness...Tucker has played with Clint before..We should have $ to sign him after JC trade..If it happens..

You already know I think Okongwu is the best PF on this roster right now so that's a no brainer there and we aren't getting Tucker. He's joining his brother Harden. I would love to get Thad Young as Sturt says, that's a real steal of a vet. He still got game and he can fill the void Gallo leaving. 

I have zero faith in JJ getting serious minutes next year so 

Trae/DW

DM/Bogi

Hunter/Kev

Okongwu/Young

Capela/Biyombo 

The rest playing in College Park. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

You already know I think Okongwu is the best PF on this roster right now so that's a no brainer there and we aren't getting Tucker. He's joining his brother Harden. I would love to get Thad Young as Sturt says, that's a real steal of a vet. He still got game and he can fill the void Gallo leaving. 

Trae/DW

DM/Bogi

Hunter/Kev

Okongwu/Young

Capela/Biyombo 

I could live with Young if no Tucker.....

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Spurs fan thoughts on why Murray may be on the block:

Unfollowing the team randomly on social media, posting that no one in the team works as hard as him,

DJ's posting IG messages about how he works too hard to not win or just wants to win something like that

He's been doing too much. He changed his avi to his time at state farm arena. He wants to be a Hawk. That's 200% real

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Trae/DW

DM/Bogi

Hunter/Kev

Okongwu/Young

Capela/Biyombo 

JJ still in CP? He better at least get those TLC KNox min..

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member

I understand that the FRP will be 20+ but three first round picks is very very steep.  It's a double edged sword imo because as a team butting against the LT or in the tax, you really want those cheap rookie scale deal guys that might turn out to be rotation players -- that's why imo the first rounders are still extremely valuable.  I'd rather give them 5 pick swaps (not suggesting we actually do this, just saying) than 3 first rounders straight up because then you at least can still reliably get talent on cheap deals.  Grabbing vet mins every year can be tough and because were in Atlanta, we're likely going to be getting the tier 2 or tier 3 vet min guys.

Two first rounders and a pick swap and JC out would be my preference.  Let the third team that takes JC send SAS the other pick if they really need it that bad.  

• Like 4

Just now, terrell said:

JJ still in CP?

He's on the Hawks roster like Griffin is. I just don't believe he will be in the rotation and sadly the chance he had to earn it ended due to his injury. 

1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

I understand that the FRP will be 20+ but three first round picks is very very steep.  It's a double edged sword imo because as a team butting against the LT or in the tax, you really want those cheap rookie scale deal guys that might turn out to be rotation players -- that's why imo the first rounders are still extremely valuable.  I'd rather give them 5 pick swaps (not suggesting we actually do this, just saying) than 3 first rounders straight up because then you at least can still reliably get talent on cheap deals.  Grabbing vet mins every year can be tough and because were in Atlanta, we're likely going to be getting the tier 2 or tier 3 vet min guys.

Two first rounders and a pick swap and JC out would be my preference.  Let the third team that takes JC send SAS the other pick if they really need it that bad.  

I agree so much with this. Three 1st is extreme in today's NBA. 

I want Murray but we still need to have that 3pt. threat and that pick and roll with Trae and Clint if he's still here. It's imperative that we have a Power Forward with 3pt. shooting ability. If we trade for Ayton having another shooter might not be an issue at Power Forward. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Trae/DW

DM/Bogi

Hunter/Kev

Okongwu/Young

Capela/Biyombo 

Its just hard for me to see OO/CC working on offense.. We shall see I guess...

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He's on the Hawks roster like Griffin is. I just don't believe he will be in the rotation and sadly the chance he had to earn it ended due to his injury. 

I agree so much with this. Three 1st is extreme in today's NBA. 

You think he'll still be playing in Gleague games? Thats what I meant..

14 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Spurs fan thoughts on why Murray may be on the block:

Unfollowing the team randomly on social media, posting that no one in the team works as hard as him,

DJ's posting IG messages about how he works too hard to not win or just wants to win something like that

Sounds like your typical great vet player that doesn't want to stay for the rebuild that SAS is finally acknowledging needs to happen. 

I've got no problem with it. I like the mentality of dying to be a winner. Will fit right in with Trae. 

• Like 4

Just now, TRW said:

I have no faith in Okongwu or JJ at Power Forward. We will probably trade for one if we get Murray. 

Okongwu is already an excellent defender at the 4 right now. That's giving you more than half the PFs in today's NBA. I see working but Onyeka has to improve his range. That's a fact. I have no faith in JJ either. He didn't look close to NBA ready from the gleague games. I felt he needed another year and he needed to figure out a role he would play as a 4. I felt Tillman was our best big on CP. Same for PG, I felt Barber was better than Coop. Both will need to make a jump in my eyes but we knew they were raw when we drafted them. 

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He's been doing too much. He changed his avi to his time at state farm arena. He wants to be a Hawk. That's 200% real

It's a nothing burger. Heck, Lillard has KD and himself photoshopped in a Blazers jersey on his IG.

We want good players interested in coming to the Hawks. It's all about cost.

• Like 2