The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It's not that easy. Because the 3rd team has to appease us or SA. That's hard to do.

Plus, I think HOU has them over a barrel and owns their FRP’s for the foreseeable future as part of the Harden deal… 

Can’t imagine BKN has anything we’d really want outside of KD and Simmons.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Central Arkansas.

49 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Finally look at the history of #4 picks. It’s hit or miss.

Where he was picked? :er: 

50 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

The obvious pick was Ivey like Doncic when they picked Bagley.

They hit this year tho. That year was a horrible miss I agree there. Sun could be shining on their butts this year tho.

3 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Boston should be all over that but who knows..

Smart has been dangled like JC has over the past few seasons. Adding Collins would make Grant Williams expiring easy to move. They can either move Derick White to PG or use their 17.5 mil trade exception to fill the spot.

1 minute ago, Bigjmw said:

Smart has been dangled like JC has over the past few seasons. Adding Collins would make Grant Williams expiring easy to move. They can either move Derick White to PG or use their 17.5 mil trade exception to fill the spot.

I hope we trade John Collins to a team in the West. I don't want Boston and Brooklyn are whoever to get better by adding one of our players.

• Like 1

Ok I'm betting now that Kyrie takes the Lakers $6m exception.. I can see the writing on the wall. He does it his way and he isn't going to trust Sean Marks anymore with his contracts/trading. He always goes his own way and declining his PO would be his M.O. What will be crazy is the amount of past their prime or late prime talent the Lakers will have. A.D. Russ Lebron Kyrie

Edited by theheroatl

16 minutes ago, TRW said:

🤔 At the introduction of our draft picks did Landry Fields just put Nate McMillian on notice with this statement. "How Nate uses them remains to be seen" and then he laughs. Am I overthinking this?

I take it as Nate hates rookies. Which we all know.... they won't touch the court this year. Fields knows that.

• Premium Member

JC is a very good player.  He's also paid fairly.  Combine those two and you have an asset that is tradeable without much need to attach/receive picks, unless of course the incoming player is on a bad value contract or a particularly good value contract (i.e Murray).  How good a player is, is only one part of the equation in a trade.  Most fans seem to miss this aspect from what I read on twitter/reddit/realGM.  Although I will say that's the reason I like it here, that aspect of roster building is just as much a focus as the talent. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

JC is a very good player.  He's also paid fairly.  Combine those two and you have an asset that is tradeable without much need to attach/receive picks, unless of course the incoming player is on a bad value contract or a particularly good value contract (i.e Murray).  How good a player is, is only one part of the equation in a trade.  Most fans seem to miss this aspect from what I read on twitter/reddit/realGM.  Although I will say that's the reason I like it here, that aspect of roster building is just as much a focus as the talent. 

I think he's overpaid for his market value. He's fairly paid based on his impact

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I think he's overpaid for his market value. He's fairly paid based on his impact

Sort of, I understand why you're saying this but the NBA is anything but a free market.  So many circumstances affect individual contracts (timing of when they come up, fit, etc.) and that's probably exacerbated by RFA signings.  Either way, I look around the league at contracts around his size and think he's paid pretty fairly.

• Like 2