• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I’m so tired of reading you guys say 3 firsts is some ridiculous overpay especially when 2 of the firsts will almost guarantee stink. 

This is an A/B+ player on an S contract for the next 2 years (using your guys trade chart logic). There is not a single top 35-40 player that will be making 16/17 million next 2 seasons that isn’t on a rookie deal that is available. NOT A SINGLE ONE. He’s on a steal of a contract to have for next 2 seasons. 

another flaw in your guys logic is you want to take an immediate jump from where we are now to being a contender and that isn’t realistic. We need a new coach, internal development from our young guys (hunter, OO, jj, aj griffin). Murray makes us significantly better and makes us a more attractive option. Then you get a new coach after they fail next year and some more development of young guys and you’re in a much better position than trying to draft with the 24th pick next year and so forth. 

I maybe be willing to give up 3 firsts with Gallo, but the four first round picks es no bueno.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I’m so tired of reading you guys say 3 firsts is some ridiculous overpay especially when 2 of the firsts will almost guarantee stink. 

This is an A/B+ player on an S contract for the next 2 years (using your guys trade chart logic). There is not a single top 35-40 player that will be making 16/17 million next 2 seasons that isn’t on a rookie deal that is available. NOT A SINGLE ONE. He’s on a steal of a contract to have for next 2 seasons. 

another flaw in your guys logic is you want to take an immediate jump from where we are now to being a contender and that isn’t realistic. We need a new coach, internal development from our young guys (hunter, OO, jj, aj griffin). Murray makes us significantly better and makes us a more attractive option. Then you get a new coach after they fail next year and some more development of young guys and you’re in a much better position than trying to draft with the 24th pick next year and so forth. 

With the exception of Spellman. Which player that we picked stinks? Even Cam showed All Star flashes which is why we got a 1st for him. Who have we drafted that's projected to stink long term in the 1st?

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Ask @shakes to swing by the bookstore for a quick look.

first question.  What's a bookstore?  And when I get there, where is the NBA jersey section?  Between Romance and True Crime?

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I maybe be willing to give up 3 firsts with Gallo, but the four first round picks es no bueno.

The final deal will be Gallo OR JC plus 3 firsts. Or JC to a 3rd team for that 4th first. 

Knicks are out, T-Wolves only checked-in, Miami only checked-in (supposedly). Miami would have to deal with Kyle Lowry being butthurt vs. Murray. 

Knicks.. all you have to do is do salary projections on their existing talent and add Murray in and they got problems long term to keep him. I say they are out.

Spurs have no leverage so they can decide to hold Murray hostage until trade deadline (and take a worse deal - 2 FRP plus salary) or the frameworks now. 

Hawks Ideal: 1 or 2 FRP plus Salary

Spurs Ideal: 4 FRP plus Salary

Happy Medium: 3 FRP plus Salary

At this point I think the flushing out better deals phase is past and we are waiting on Gallo signature vs. JC 3rd partner recipient.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Ayton Update.

Murray Update:

I am starting to think Fischner is a lurker here..lol. 

Good job @Sothron for giving the details on the trade talks beginning in February. 

I doubt it. Based on my guy, he's just regurgitating what's being said around the league by other teams. I doubt he has an actual source in Atlanta but his sources are good. Jake really covers everything. He's good but Marc is legit.

2 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

The final deal will be Gallo OR JC plus 3 firsts. Or JC to a 3rd team for that 4th first. 

Knicks are out, T-Wolves only checked-in, Miami only checked-in (supposedly). Miami would have to deal with Kyle Lowry being butthurt vs. Murray. 

Knicks.. all you have to do is do salary projections on their existing talent and add Murray in and they got problems long term to keep him. I say they are out.

Spurs have no leverage so they can decide to hold Murray hostage until trade deadline (and take a worse deal - 2 FRP plus salary) or the frameworks now. 

3 1sts and JC sounds like the worlds greatest overpay to me.

Max I'll do is 2 1st, one being CHA and Gallo for Murray 

Edited by NBASupes

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

With the exception of Spellman. Which player that we picked stinks? Even Cam showed All Star flashes which is why we got a 1st for him. Who have we drafted that's projected to stink long term in the 1st?

Cam reddish stinks man and he was a top 10 pick. Using the hawks top 10 picks to justify they won’t suck long term when they’ll be picking more in the 19-26 range with Murray doesn’t make much sense. 

Spellman was garbage. Jj was a project and Hasn’t shown anything yet tho I like him long term. Jc was a hit at 19. 

But look at all the picks 20-30 over the last 10 years. A lot more busts over anything. Just cause Travis has drafted wel doesn’t mean he’s gonna hit everytime. Getting these late first round guys isn’t gonna make us better. Getting an all star talent like Murray does. 

look at the delon and trae regular season and playoff numbers and you see why the hawks want Murray badly. These firsts mean nothing. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I doubt it. Based on my guy, he's just regurgitating what's being said around the league by other teams. I doubt he has an actual source in Atlanta but his sources are good. Jake really covers everything. He's good but Marc is legit.

3 1sts and JC sounds like the worlds greatest overpay to me.

Not if it's Charlotte 2023, 2025 heavy protection, and 2027 pick swap. Just because I say FRP doesn't mean it's unprotected. Big difference in the deal when you talk protections.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 2

Are you former military, Campster?

8 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Not if it's Charlotte 2023, 2025 heavy protection, and 2027 pick swap

My man, I freaking like you a lot. That's an acceptable deal for the Spurs.

• Moderators
55 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Same message, different tone and delivery. There's a place for both

I did edit your previous post.  It changed nothing to remove the "d***a***" comments in there and that doesn't fly here.  Please just omit that from the original commentary when assessing the positions of your fellow posters in the future.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, theheroatl said:

pick swap

Not saying it wouldn't be part of whatever deal would be announced... but I don't imagine that when SAS says (assuming the reports are accurate of course) that they need three FRPs that they're saying they'll give one back--as would be implied with a pick swap.

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Oh yeah, I was just joking giving you guys credit on how accurate you've been about the on going talks. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sturt said:

Not saying it wouldn't be part of whatever deal would be announced... but I don't imagine that when SAS says (assuming the reports are accurate of course) that they need three FRPs that they're saying they'll give one back--as would be implied with a pick swap.

As of this AM I am in the notion that SAS is losing leverage fast. Yesterday was their peak.. Everyone knows Murray is on the market now and not as many suitors came out the woodwork to show interest.

It could end up being 2 FRP plus Pick swap. Don't be surprised. Just remember this is a SELL HIGH moment for them and they can risk a FRP going into trade deadline if he declines even a little due to attitude of not getting to greener pastures.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Cam reddish stinks man and he was a top 10 pick. Using the hawks top 10 picks to justify they won’t suck long term when they’ll be picking more in the 19-26 range with Murray doesn’t make much sense. 

Spellman was garbage. Jj was a project and Hasn’t shown anything yet tho I like him long term. Jc was a hit at 19. 

But look at all the picks 20-30 over the last 10 years. A lot more busts over anything. Just cause Travis has drafted wel doesn’t mean he’s gonna hit everytime. Getting these late first round guys isn’t gonna make us better. Getting an all star talent like Murray does. 

look at the delon and trae regular season and playoff numbers and you see why the hawks want Murray badly. These firsts mean nothing. 

Bro, Cam showed a lot of flashes. That's why we especially me was so happy to get him. It didn't work out but we were able to trade him for another 1st. We still got that 1st. 

I said with the exception of Spellman 

Come on man, Presti even said the drafts are better of late than the last 6 years as guys are coming in a lot more skilled and. NBA ready. 1st round draft picks are becoming vital. This ain't the days of John Jenkins being a 1st round pick as well as Bembry. The drafts of late got real talent in the 2nd round. You gotta get with the times. 

Ya'll always telling me the postseason don't matter and when it's to make a trade to make a trade, the postseason is everything. 

• Premium Member
Just now, marco102 said:

This is the same rumor and website from yesterday that keeps getting regurgitated online.  Nothing new here.

Yes. People have to look at this from what we actually know from credible sources. Which is...

Multiple FRPs in combination with a player to make salaries match. Collins doesn't appear to be a player SAS wants for whatever reason. A third team may be brought in to take Collins as a part of this deal or separately. Gallo may be used to match salary, but it will require restructuring of his contract. 

Trae and Dejuonte JUST started following each other on social media. Dejuonte has been making cryptic posts all week...one of which is Murray in the gym with the caption "Can't wait!" and Trae dropped a like on it. It's notable that Trae is EXTREMELY selective with his social media accounts.

Trae's dad is also out here dropping hints with likes and shares. Yesterday he was clapping back at someone who trashed the idea of Trae and Murray together... implying a bad fit, but at least Trae would learn to move off the ball. He came to the defense and started sharing stats like he knows something.

Lastly, Ray liked on this Tweet:

Until I see a credible source drop alternative implications...I expect that we are the front runners and that the deal will eventually go down. 

• Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Bro, Cam showed a lot of flashes. That's why we especially me was so happy to get him. It didn't work out but we were able to trade him for another 1st. We still got that 1st. 

I said with the exception of Spellman 

Come on man, Presti even said the drafts are better of late than the last 6 years as guys are coming in a lot more skilled and. NBA ready. 1st round draft picks are becoming vital. This ain't the days of John Jenkins being a 1st round pick as well as Bembry. The drafts of late got real talent in the 2nd round. You gotta get with the times. 

Ya'll always telling me the postseason don't matter and when it's to make a trade to make a trade, the postseason is everything. 

Cam reddish is garbage man. He has one good game every like 15 games and because he was a fan favorite people go crazy. The first they got for him isn’t even likely to convey for the next 2/3 seasons and they got it from the franchise that’s about to pay jalen brunson 27 million a year… the Knicks are trash and the hawks barely even got a pick from them for him

the nba is more talented now but for every good late pick there are equally as many bad ones. Your banking on the 25th pick being something more than a rotational piece and that isn’t very likely even then. Like look at the last couple of years most of the people in that range don’t play or are even on 2nd or 3rd teams man. 

You’re kidding yourself if you think postseason doesn’t matter 

• Like 1