• Current Donation Goals

• Raised 390.00 USD of 700.00 USD target

WILL JAE CROWDER BE A HAWK??? ๐Ÿ’— ๐Ÿ’— ๐Ÿ’—

Spud2nique

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

One of the reasons he his mad at the Suns and requested a trade was that he was seeking a contract extension and Phoenix declined.

But does that mean the team heโ€™s traded to will extended him or he has to play out the season and be an UFA? If itโ€™s the latter, Iโ€™d deal for him for sure, if we gotta pay then no.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

But does that mean the team heโ€™s traded to will extended him or he has to play out the season and be an UFA? If itโ€™s the latter, Iโ€™d deal for him for sure, if we gotta pay then no.

No extension is REQUIRED if traded....you still have the same potential issue of him being unhappy with his new team without the extension.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

It would be kinda like when your soon-to-be avatar, Iguodala, was traded to MEM.ย  Sat out until they traded or paid him.ย  No thanks.ย  Let Crowder be bought out, sign with MIA.ย  End of thread.ย 

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, kg01 said:

End of thread.ย 

Whoa ๐Ÿ˜ณ was it pee ooooorrrrrโ€ฆ

and what kinda cereal ๐Ÿฅฃ? Hey, I donโ€™t come down to where you work and knock the wrench ๐Ÿ”ง outta your hands.

The thread will go onโ€ฆ. Until Crowder lands somewhere or the mods decide I ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿฟ too hard.ย :meowth:

31 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

assets (JJ

Iโ€™d flip any of JJ, JHol and any form of a 2nd round pick to the Suns or maybe a three way trade where it gets the Suns immediate help if they donโ€™t want JHol.

Not AJ, but JJ I would.

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Iโ€™d flip any of JJ, JHol and any form of a 2nd round pick to the Suns or maybe a three way trade where it gets the Suns immediate help if they donโ€™t want JHol.

Not AJ, but JJ I would.

I know you are a big believer in AJ (and obviously OO).ย  What do you foresee for JJ?ย  Do you think he is a waste this year but an impact player on his rookie contract?ย  Someone who has moments but can't consistently contribute like Cam?ย  Curious how you assess him.

My guess is that you view him as someone who won't really contribute this year and who is far enough away that we can't wait on him even if he is good 3 years down the line since our window is now.ย 

But however someone views JJ is likely to determine their receptiveness to dealing him for an expiring like Crowder so makes me interest in knowing that.ย 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Not AJ, but JJ I would.

Why not AJ if Crowder is soooo important?

• Haha 1

• Moderators

I think Jay mentioned earlier but we can't send out 2 current rotation players just to bring back Crowder.ย  He's not that good and we need more bench depth not less.ย  ย 

Still though he's the kind of player we need.ย  I just think we're going to have to find a cheaper one or a buyout.ย 

In reality i don't think we do anything.ย  Nate's playing starters a ton of minutes just to beat lottery teams right now.ย  That's not typical early season stuff.ย  We've got 3 starters averaging more minutes than anyone has averaged under Nate in the past.ย  ย I think Nate is under pressure to prove this is a contending team before they spend any more money.ย 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AHF said:

Do you think he is a waste this year but an impact player on his rookie contract?ย  Someone who has moments but can't consistently contribute like Cam?ย  Curious how you assess him.

Personally I love all our Hawks and I love JJ as well as a player moving forward and having time to develop and improve his skillset. The only reason I would do a deal is that I want more of a vet in the position that we currently give to JJ. I just think our timeframe with the amount of core young players we have donโ€™t line up to necessarily keep JJ and have him impact our team gradually over the next few years vs someone whose ready to ramp it up in the playoffs and get us to the finals or at least the ECF again. (Hate saying that the ultimate goal is a ring obviously)

ย 

3 hours ago, AHF said:

But however someone views JJ is likely to determine their receptiveness to dealing him for an expiring like Crowder so makes me interest in knowing that.ย 

Basically I wouldnโ€™t have flipped Cam for Crowder with all things considered equal, would not flip AJ for him but WOULD flip JJ.ย 
ย 

I guess I rank and view the players when they were Hawks like this.

ย 

Cam- 8.8/10 ย At one point I considered him untouchable. The guy has skills. BUTโ€ฆ and I learned this, he doesnโ€™t like a role, he doesnโ€™t want a ceiling and wants to be the man.

JJ- Excellent Iso one on one type guy, perfect power forward prototype off the pine in the 90โ€™s, ย good versatility and skillset for a 4/3. Having said that, when I watch him in our system, I see a bit of a ceiling and possibly NOT GIVEN THE PLAYING TIME BY NATE. That could be another reason Iโ€™m not as high is because Nate wonโ€™t let us see more of him, but even so, I feel like Iโ€™ve seen this movie before, itโ€™s eerily familiar. USE HIM TO UPGRADE OUR BENCH IN A TRADE.ย 
ย 

Basically the vet we get for JJ (if we trade him and is a good solid vet like Crowder) that vet will provide more of an impact for us this year than JJ would the following two or three.ย 
ย 

AJ- I love shooters. I love his lineage and the fact that he plays with a feel. (Oh thatโ€™s another thing, JJ IS MAD ROBOTIC ๐Ÿค– in his moves, not fluid, very fundamental for sure though). When you combine 1) Feel for the game 2) Ahooting synergy with the rim) 3) genes ๐Ÿงฌ from pops been around the game 2nd nature. Something to be said for all that. AJ was my favorite of all the draftees in 2022.ย 
ย 

2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

LOL.ย  Fixed.ย  ย it's crazy how many times i make that typo.ย  But yes canNOT.ย  if we are trading 2 for 1 bench players we need to be on the 2 side.ย 

You shop at Cosco huh?ย :er:

Quality (Crowder)> Quantity (Moe, D!ck or Harry)ย :yes:

Edited by Spud2nique