• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Your 1st place Atlanta - - - - - - - - - -

Gray Mule

• Moderators
Just now, AHF said:

I'm much more confident in the Hawks.  The Falcons are fools gold, imo.

Yeah i agree.  I don't expect much from the Falcons especially if Terrell is out.  But the Hawks aren't instilling confidence yet for me despite the wins.   I'm happy about the D.  Worried that we're having to play starters 35+ minutes to make it happen. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
Just now, macdaddy said:

Yeah i agree.  I don't expect much from the Falcons especially if Terrell is out.  But the Hawks aren't instilling confidence yet for me despite the wins.   I'm happy about the D.  Worried that we're having to play starters 35+ minutes to make it happen. 

I don't think we are elite right now but I've assumed a rocky or at least inconsistent start with so many new faces on the roster.  I've seen enough to be excited about the team's potential and to think we are a given to be in the playoffs.  My hope is that we have dialed things in later in the year.  I don't expect us to be among the top few seeds in the East early in the year.  More middle of the playoff pack.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

Nellie Nate! :angry2: Play AJ and JJ and half the problem goes away. 

• Like 1

Hawks are no longer tied for 1st place in the southern division.  They have 1st place all to themselves!

Tonight they must go face the only unbeaten team in the NBA.  Wouldn't ir be great to be the team to erase that -0- in their loss column!

GO ATL HAWKS !!

🧑‍🔧

• Like 1

On 10/28/2022 at 10:21 AM, macdaddy said:

The Bucks game made me much more confident in them.  It took the Bucks getting otherworldly performances each half to put the Hawks away on a back to back. 

I'd like to see a win against the Raptors tomorrow.   If the Hawks are in the top 3 or so seeds after 20 games, it's going to be hard to contain my excitement for what's to come this year.

• Like 4

• Moderators
16 hours ago, marco102 said:

The Bucks game made me much more confident in them.  It took the Bucks getting otherworldly performances each half to put the Hawks away on a back to back. 

I'd like to see a win against the Raptors tomorrow.   If the Hawks are in the top 3 or so seeds after 20 games, it's going to be hard to contain my excitement for what's to come this year.

I agree.  I was happy with the way we played and we're still missing Bogi so that's a wildcard.   But if the Bucks are the team to beat in the east, which i think they are, we have to keep in mind that we were playing them without Middleton, Ingles and Connaughton.    So I'd feel a lot better about our roster if we'd won that one but we also have a couple young guys who are improving every game. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
16 hours ago, marco102 said:

11 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I agree.  I was happy with the way we played and we're still missing Bogi so that's a wildcard.   But if the Bucks are the team to beat in the east, which i think they are, we have to keep in mind that we were playing them without Middleton, Ingles and Connaughton.    So I'd feel a lot better about our roster if we'd won that one but we also have a couple young guys who are improving every game. 

There is one thing that is still frustrating with this game. The consensus by most here is that OO is our best Giannis defender right? Then why play him only 19 minutes, but the biggest thing was the soft switches - why switch OO off him and have JJ guard him - particularly when it wasn't warranted by any hard screens FORCING the switch. I don't get that.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

There is one thing that is still frustrating with this game. The consensus by most here is that OO is our best Giannis defender right? Then why play him only 19 minutes, but the biggest thing was the soft switches - why switch OO off him and have JJ guard him - particularly when it wasn't warranted by any hard screens FORCING the switch. I don't get that.

Clint did a very good job on Giannis too.  Actually, the game plan on Giannis was really good until the fourth quarter where the refs just let him waltz to the line off minimal contact. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, marco102 said:

Clint did a very good job on Giannis too.  Actually, the game plan on Giannis was really good until the fourth quarter where the refs just let him waltz to the line off minimal contact. 

Not to mention all the “blocking fouls” when he ran us over like prime Shaq.

• Thanks 1

Ain't it wonderful!  Despite the fact that both Atlanta teams aren't prefect, they still hold on to 1st place!  Hawks, facing that NY team and fans, need to win tonight.  If they do, we can say that this trip was a success.  We all know how those fans love Trae!

With a win tonight, Birds fly home in 1st place!

:smug:

• Like 1