• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Perk speaks

thecampster

I usually like Perk but this some Monday morning QB crap. I don’t believe anyone thought Huerter was gonna stop 🛑 being a little b!tch right away or ever.

This ain’t the problem. Nobody saw Huerter playing as well as he has in Sac. 

This is nit picking and sidestepping the real issues. 

Fck Huerter he’s gone now. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I usually like Perk but this some Monday morning QB crap. I don’t believe anyone thought Huerter was gonna stop 🛑 being a little b!tch right away or ever.

Sidewalk Sidestep — William Herring

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

This is indeed hindsight eggspertin'.  The Heurter trade was met with a resounding 'yawn' by everyone other than Hawks fans.  Now that he's doing well, everybody got all this insight.

I don't think we would have all the bitching and moaning if we would have gotten more out of the trade. 

Maryland Kev always had potential.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

This is indeed hindsight eggspertin'.  The Heurter trade was met with a resounding 'yawn' by everyone other than Hawks fans.  Now that he's doing well, everybody got all this insight.

Not everyone...

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/trade-grades-kings-ace-deal-by-landing-kevin-huerter-hawks-give-up-valuable-role-player-in-surprising-move/

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Nobody but me....

image.thumb.png.825d4ff3973c78cd42242aef7c847694.png

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, thecampster said:

Nobody but me....

image.thumb.png.825d4ff3973c78cd42242aef7c847694.png

Only thing you didn't cover here is Heurters defense, which is not bad.  It's not good, maybe slightly above average, but it's infinitely better than Bogis.  If we were serious about winning, we would have offloaded Bogi in any way possible and kept Heurter, who is on a very team friendly deal that is already looking like a steal.  He would be a perennial 6MOY candidate and could easily get 30+ minutes a game with our lineups.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dnice said:

They lost Kevin but gained AJ. How much is Kevin playing at F and  G?  

Kinda true but we could've had both.  Or, at worst, could've had actual assets from trading kev instead of 'savings', which is ultimately all we got.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

Only thing you didn't cover here is Heurters defense, which is not bad.  It's not good, maybe slightly above average, but it's infinitely better than Bogis.  If we were serious about winning, we would have offloaded Bogi in any way possible and kept Heurter, who is on a very team friendly deal that is already looking like a steal.  He would be a perennial 6MOY candidate and could easily get 30+ minutes a game with our lineups.

Sounds good in theory re: doing whatever possible to unload Bogi.
But think about this, one of the other reasons for trading Huerter was to gain a pick to restock the cupboard from the picks given up in the Murray trade. Trading Bogi would have most likely cost us a pick which would have been or 2022 pick (AJ) or our upcoming 2023 pick.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

But think about this, one of the other reasons for trading Huerter was to gain a pick to restock the cupboard from the picks given up in the Murray trade.

It's highly protected.  And drafting well is meaningless if you're going to trade away the player to save money as soon as they get a contract.  It's really tough to see that pick as any kind of silver lining.

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

It's highly protected.  And drafting well is meaningless if you're going to trade away the player to save money as soon as they get a contract.  It's really tough to see that pick as any kind of silver lining.

We just used a highly protected Charlotte pick to complete the Murray trade so there is value in the pick received. (And I'm not saying the trade was a good trade)

Sacramento's 1st round pick to Atlanta protected for selections 1-14 in 2024, 1-12 in 2025 and 1-10 in 2026