• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Last Hawks team with hopes this high… that failed 😞

Spud2nique

14 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Wow really. But we had 4 top 50 dudes in Big Dog, Reef, JT and 🐀 liff

Coming into that season, this is true but Big Dog wasn't a top 50, more like top 100 that season. SAR wasn't as good and Ratliff was top 50. We gotta remember, top 50 back then is like top 150 today. It wasn't that high since teams had three scrubs starting. 

• Sad 1

On 1/7/2023 at 9:17 PM, Spud2nique said:

That disappointed ☹️ this much…

I got 2.

2002-03

2022-23

Weird that’s it exactly 20 seasons later. I lived in an apartment with my x gf and we got satellite 📡 tv 📺 so I got all the stations. 

Remember I thought we were gonna be really good with Big Dog, Reef and JT. The big 3, I thought they resembled the three in Milwaukee with Vin Baker, Dog and Ray Allen.

NOPE! Individual talent was there but we couldn’t play defense and our offense was inconsistent and heart 💜 was lacking… reminded me of this year.

Sadly, that very season, Lon was fired after going 11-16 before Stotts took over and went 24-31… lost season. :sad: Nate needs the 🪓 now. We are through 39 games. 2 more games and it’s half the season. 

Trae- JT

JC- Reef

DM- Big WOOF 🐶 

Capela- Theo

@kg01  @JayBirdHawk @NBASupes @TheNorthCydeRises

A7960315-D208-4ABE-85A9-FFDC3BBDEDB8.jpeg

@Atlantaholic LIKE U DIDNT SEE DIS??? EEEEHHHHHH???? Eeehhhhh??? {Italian mobster voice} 

image.gif.1c62386479035d1317b1c9e72b9ea3f5.gif

• Premium Member
On 1/7/2023 at 11:17 PM, Spud2nique said:

That disappointed ☹️ this much…

I got 2.

2002-03

2022-23

Weird that’s it exactly 20 seasons later. I lived in an apartment with my x gf and we got satellite 📡 tv 📺 so I got all the stations. 

Remember I thought we were gonna be really good with Big Dog, Reef and JT. The big 3, I thought they resembled the three in Milwaukee with Vin Baker, Dog and Ray Allen.

NOPE! Individual talent was there but we couldn’t play defense and our offense was inconsistent and heart 💜 was lacking… reminded me of this year.

Sadly, that very season, Lon was fired after going 11-16 before Stotts took over and went 24-31… lost season. :sad: Nate needs the 🪓 now. We are through 39 games. 2 more games and it’s half the season. 

Trae- JT

JC- Reef

DM- Big WOOF 🐶 

Capela- Theo

@kg01  @JayBirdHawk @NBASupes @TheNorthCydeRises

A7960315-D208-4ABE-85A9-FFDC3BBDEDB8.jpeg

Trae = JT.  Lol. 

but I am right there with you though. Remember it like yesterday. I still have hope in this team though. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 1/7/2023 at 11:35 PM, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Ah . . . The "playoff guarantee" Hawks.  And I was so happy and scared at the same time, when we got Big Dog.

That team was 14 - 25 after 39 games.  That team bottomed out at 21 - 37, before playing "inspired" ball to close the season. 

It was pre analytics. Man I had thought Glenn was a star type player and boy oh boy oh boy how wroooooong I was about that. Taught me scoring 20 points doesn't necessarily mean shit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

It was pre analytics. Man I had thought Glenn was a star type player and boy oh boy oh boy how wroooooong I was about that. Taught me scoring 20 points doesn't necessarily mean shit.

It wasn't like Big Dog wasn't in the ECF as favorite a few years earlier 

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It wasn't like Big Dog wasn't in the ECF as favorite a few years earlier 

Yes, but obivously in retrospect and analyzing the numbers and metrics we  have visibility on today we can give Ray Allen and Sam Cassell and a very solid supporting cast a lot of the credit for that. Glenn Robinson was an inefficient black hole of a player and a turnover machine.

4 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Yes, but obivously in retrospect and analyzing the numbers and metrics we  have visibility on today we can give Ray Allen and Sam Cassell and a very solid supporting cast a lot of the credit for that. Glenn Robinson was an inefficient black hole of a player and a turnover machine.

I strongly liked his game in that ECF run. In Atlanta, he was exactly what you said.

• Premium Member
Just now, NBASupes said:

I strongly liked his game in that ECF run. In Atlanta, he was exactly what you said.

He was definitely better than he was in Atlanta but looking at the numbers overall in his time in Milwaukee he was definitely one of the overrated players of that era. We definitely took him right as his game was declining though. 

2 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

He was definitely better than he was in Atlanta but looking at the numbers overall in his time in Milwaukee he was definitely one of the overrated players of that era. We definitely took him right as his game was declining though. 

It wasn't a good era. It was the worst era in the NBA. Only worse eras was the early MJ expansion era and the NBA/ABA era were talent was split between leagues