• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We needed the chaos!!!

Diesel

• Premium Member

I know I'm in the minority but hear me out.

We needed some controversy... just as much as we needed DJM.  For most of my existence, we have always been the mild mannered team that was a group of nice guys.  Guys who got along peaceably with everybody.   We were fit for an episode of My Three Sons.   I watched the Celtics and Pistons pack those Nique led teams up with physical play and send them home.     I watched the Bulls take the steam out of the Nique teams with hard pressing in your face defense.  I watched Smitty teams fall down to the Pacers playing dirty.

Do you know why we loved Zaza so much?  Because when they came to punk him (Garnett and Co).. Zaza wasn't having it.   That Joe Cool team was the closest thing we had to some type of pride and attitude that said I won't be stepped over.   Then you go to Korver's team and I watched Lebron and the Cavs Brutalize the team that shared everything.  This was the first time that the disrespect became dirty play. 

Let's just fast forward to Trae.   Trae has a chip on his shoulder.   He has always had to have one.   It's why he wouldn't let Herro just snatch the ball out of his hands last night.  He's got an attitude but he's a diva.   And the formulation looks the same as before.. until we got DJM.   Murray has a swagger and an attitude.  He has what we been needing.   He's the Batman to Trae's Superman.   But here's the thing... His guiding principle is LOYALTY.  He's a freaking Soldier.  You can see it in the way he interacts.   He's a soldier and he's loyal and he brings an attitude that says.. you're not going to disrespect me or my guys.  I see some of  yall proposing trades that would trade DJM away?  For what?  KAT.  KAT is cool but he's no soldier.  He's no Devildog like we got in Murray.  We need DJM... especially Trae.

JC doesn't have the attitude, but JC is a soldier too. He does whatever needs to be done.. That's why I'm disappointed that we don't do more with him.  We will miss him when he's gone. 

Clint... I cant tell. He seems to have an attitude but I can't tell.  Bogi has the attitude, he's just spend too much time pleasing people. If Bogi didn't care what people said about him, he would be the leader of the Horde that he claims.   AJ... is a straight Killer.  He got a lot of Kobe in him.   He's still young but as he matures... Straight Killer.   Right now, he's just killing people on accident.   But his confidence is growing.  He's starting to realize that he can play this game at a high level.  

So as a franchise, we needed some Dysfunction in the FO.  It makes the team get tighter.  You want JC and AJ huddled up with DJ and Trae.   You want them adopting an us against the world mentality.   We needed the chaos. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Not sure I buy any or all of this but I'm well-equipped to lean into it if we actually start making some noise.

If we excel in the playoffs again, I'm lining up enough quotes to post as Bain for a full playoff series.

Can't wait til I can toss this one in after another sik Hawks fastbreak dunk ....

"I was wondering what would break first ..... your spirit .... or your body."

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Not sure I buy any or all of this but I'm well-equipped to lean into it if we actually start making some noise.

If we excel in the playoffs again, I'm lining up enough quotes to post as Bain for a full playoff series.

Can't wait til I can toss this one in after another sik Hawks fastbreak dunk ....

"I was wondering what would break first ..... your spirit .... or your body."

Yeah, I'm looking forward to telling a whole slew of Celtics fans (after we put them out of the playoffs) : "Peace has cost you your strength, Victory has defeated you. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Maybe, maybe not - seems like a lot has been happening behind the scenes with the players caught somewhat in the middle. No one like it when Mommy and Daddy are fighting.  Now it's out - let's move on.

I get a strong sense that the players have come together and said none of what's going on is about us.   Listening to Both JC and DJ saying "we keep the outside noise outside"... is a selling factor for me. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

What in the world?  What kind of symbiotic mind meld basketball are they playing in Golden State? 

I would like to see the real NBA feed from that play.  Too easy from some tech savvy person to remove a frame or two.

• Moderators
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

I would like to see the real NBA feed from that play.  Too easy from some tech savvy person to remove a frame or two.

I'll find the other angle.   Klay just passes Dray right at the moment he bouces him the ball so Klay's legs block our view. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Diesel said:

We needed some controversy... just as much as we needed DJM.  For most of my existence, we have always been the mild mannered team that was a group of nice guys.  Guys who got along peaceably with everybody.   We were fit for an episode of My Three Sons.   I watched the Celtics and Pistons pack those Nique led teams up with physical play and send them home.     I watched the Bulls take the steam out of the Nique teams with hard pressing in your face defense.  I watched Smitty teams fall down to the Pacers playing dirty.

Do you know why we loved Zaza so much?  Because when they came to punk him (Garnett and Co).. Zaza wasn't having it.   That Joe Cool team was the closest thing we had to some type of pride and attitude that said I won't be stepped over.   Then you go to Korver's team and I watched Lebron and the Cavs Brutalize the team that shared everything.  This was the first time that the disrespect became dirty play. 

Let's just fast forward to Trae.   Trae has a chip on his shoulder.   He has always had to have one.   It's why he wouldn't let Herro just snatch the ball out of his hands last night.  He's got an attitude but he's a diva.   And the formulation looks the same as before.. until we got DJM.   Murray has a swagger and an attitude.  He has what we been needing.   He's the Batman to Trae's Superman.   But here's the thing... His guiding principle is LOYALTY.  He's a freaking Soldier.  You can see it in the way he interacts.   He's a soldier and he's loyal and he brings an attitude that says.. you're not going to disrespect me or my guys.  I see some of  yall proposing trades that would trade DJM away?  For what?  KAT.  KAT is cool but he's no soldier.  He's no Devildog like we got in Murray.  We need DJM... especially Trae.

JC doesn't have the attitude, but JC is a soldier too. He does whatever needs to be done.. That's why I'm disappointed that we don't do more with him.  We will miss him when he's gone. 

Clint... I cant tell. He seems to have an attitude but I can't tell.  Bogi has the attitude, he's just spend too much time pleasing people. If Bogi didn't care what people said about him, he would be the leader of the Horde that he claims.   AJ... is a straight Killer.  He got a lot of Kobe in him.   He's still young but as he matures... Straight Killer.   Right now, he's just killing people on accident.   But his confidence is growing.  He's starting to realize that he can play this game at a high level.  

So as a franchise, we needed some Dysfunction in the FO.  It makes the team get tighter.  You want JC and AJ huddled up with DJ and Trae.   You want them adopting an us against the world mentality.   We needed the chaos. 

I can't argue with none of this. +1000

• Premium Member

So here's what we have people:

Trae = The Chip on my shoulder.   He will always fight the Giant. 

DJM = The Soldier with Swagger.  LOYALTY.  The Devildog. 

JC = The Soldier.   He will do what you ask.

Bogi = The People pleaser.   He has it in him to be a devildog, but he thinks too much what people will think. 

Clint = Undefined.  He tells NY, we're going to send you home from your homecourt.   But that's only after he's pissed off. 

AJ = Black Mamba Jr. 

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, Diesel said:

11 hours ago, Diesel said:

It was like a Sturt Post.  Long as Hell.   So Long, I had to go and take a nap. 

tenor.gif?itemid=5124949

I dunno. Diesel's been a little prickly of-late, but it's fine. Oh well.

What a great album, tho, right?

OIP.oQkTvSE1QeKlpB0rXmFBdQHaHa?pid=ImgDe

• Haha 2