• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Defense

theheroatl

• 7 months later...
3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Thoughts on the preseason defense so far?

Everything looks tight, we look organized, everyone seems to know their roles. JJ has looked fabulous. I know it’s preseason but I bagged on him a lot. So far so good I hope he keeps it rollin. Good synergy with his best friend Big O too.

Trae looks ready, he’s always ready. 😊 

Bogi looks like the tourney in the summer gave him his edge back and kept those joints greased. Stay healthy he looks unselfish and a deadeye as ever.

OO is looking to step up this year. Don’t be surprised at an all defensive team push.

Brunoooooo, lot of shine in preseason and he looks the best I’ve seen. @TheNorthCydeRises boy reppin it. 🇦🇴’s finest.

Lundy @MaceCase Bundy lol looks like he can flat out shoot. If nothing else he nails the outside shot. Good stuff.

DJ looks ready and spry. On D he looks great and he’s hitting the perimeter pretty nicely.

Hunter… is in the gym 👀

Bey- He is a a gamer, a rough houser and he looks like he put on 5-7 pounds of muscle 💪🏿 

Go Hawks!!!

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I actually have a lot of praise for Bruno.  He has played well. Our Center rotation is strong.

I would not be shocked to see OO get minutes at PF depending on the matchup.   The truth is that OO may need to think about transforming his game a little because his size is not changing.   I watched Wimby....  Damn.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Diesel said:

watched Wimby....  Damn.

Freak. I’ve never seen anything like it. He’s a big that’s a small. Even KD wasn’t that. Holy moly. Landed 🛬 right in Pops hands. I mean, The admiral, Duncan and now this dude. How much basketball luck can one franchise have as far as big men in a row. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Freak. I’ve never seen anything like it. He’s a big that’s a small. Even KD wasn’t that. Holy moly. Landed 🛬 right in Pops hands. I mean, The admiral, Duncan and now this dude. How much basketball luck can one franchise have as far as big men in a row. 

Well, San Antonio worked hard for that pick.  However, you know, I don't believe in the Lotto system... it's too needless. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

About his play though... He has the play of every position combined into one.  It's like that episode of the Transformers where Megatron challenged Optimus to a Loser leave Earth battle and Megatron had all the powers of the Decepticons.  I looked up and the kid had a mean back to the basket Post up game.  He handled the ball like an OG.   He could shoot from distance.  He seemed like he would swat everything.  He's not even seasoned yet.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Diesel said:

He has the play of every position combined into one. 

Yup, nutty. I’ve watched a lot of freaks come into the league.. Sampson, who I thought was a freak in 83…Shaq was a freak in 92 coming out… Yao 2002, Lebron 2003, KD 07, Giannis in 13’…

Then you got this dude. He’s a like a 7 foot plus Tony Parker, Manu, Duncan and Robinson rolled into one.. 🤨 seriously what is that? 

• Sad 1