• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Would you do this trade? Because *ahem* your team already did...

sturt

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

You're right, even when I'm informed my opinion is just as unreliable.  I would actually take an even wider look at these moves and throw in Cam, DJM and the other picks we gave up.  Why? Because we would not have traded Huerter without landing Dejounte. 

I see it as Cam, Huerter, and a 1st rounder plus pick swaps as what we gave up for DJM.  Yes, we traded two of our own first round picks for Murray in addition to the Cam pick, but Huerter allowed us to get one back. So my view is the trade for Murray is Cam (NY pick), Huerter (returned 1st), and one first rounder plus pick swaps.  That is pretty close to the reality and I would certainly make that move.  

I see Bey as a means of getting a bench asset to make up for the loss of Huerter.  With AJ on the roster Bey actually fits better.  Bey could redeem the personnel shifting we did losing Huerter and Gallo.  

Overall I think we won trading Cam, Huerter, one first rounder, and 5 seconds for Murray and Bey. 
Murray>>>Huerter
Bey>>>Cam

Since you are going back so far.... You are missing one trade, the one that got us the pick we used to get Cam,  😆 🤣 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Since you are going back so far.... You are missing one trade, the one that got us the pick we used to get Cam,  😆🤣 

Well, it does mean we used that additional asset, Cam, to get Murray.  Without that trade we don’t have the asset.  

Right now:

Mavs 32-30

Hawks 31-30

Let’s see where these teams finish.

1 hour ago, swanlee said:

He is still a step up from Kevin on Defense

Yep, and a step down on ball handling and playmaking. 

Similar players:

Both work hard on defense and have good intelligence on D. 

Whereas Bey is extremely strong. Kevin is more explosive and is capable of getting some nice blocks and dunks when healthy. 

Both are movement players but use subtle movement. They are always moving. Never stuck standing around but they aren't Korver where they are moving like a 400m runner. They move more like marathon runners. They are also smart movement players as they move in spots that open up lanes. They don't have a master's in standing around like Hunter or Reddish. 

Huerter qualifies for PDS which is his money maker. Bey doesn’t qualify for PDS but his money maker is a movement shooter who can defend 2, 3, big wings and 4s even if he's bad or below average at best at it. While teams aren't dying for bad to below average defenders, being able to defend 4s and big wings and not just being a complete turnstile. This is more in line with the Davis Bertans and Duncan Robinson prototype. This is a player type teams are moving away from paying top dollar to because they get exposed in the playoffs but it's still valuable. 

If I had to guess what Bey's best offer will be, it will likely be in the range of 4/50 low to 4/70 high. Teams are moving from overpaying this prototype but this was definitely in demand three years ago till they started to bust badly considering their contracts. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
55 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Kevin is more explosive

My frustration with Kevin last year is that he doesn't utilize this.   He'll get to the lane and then back up for a free throw line fade away over and over.  At his size he should be attacking the glass.  That said, i wish we still had him but i agree with your point that guys like Bey can give you similar production and slightly different production. 

• Like 1

There is a difference.  Would I have done this deal?  Yes!

Will this deal ultimately work out as a very good deal?  Wait and see.  There is no way of knowing the future.  We can only speculate.  There were at least two deals done around the trade deadline.  Right now, they both look good,  We saved some money and filled the #15 slot on the roster.  

Second rounds picks sell for around $3 Million.  But, remember these are future 2nd round picks, not "right now" picks.  The further in the future, the less valueable.  Somehow we forget a 1st round pick somewhere in all the confusion of what went down.  It's worth a lot more than a 2nd round pick.

Another "wait and see" question:  What kind of pay will Bey expect when we resign him?  Note:  He may not be here to sign.  He may get traded.  Who knows?  He's still a young player and the Hawks have a new coach.

:smug:

27 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

My frustration with Kevin last year is that he doesn't utilize this.   He'll get to the lane and then back up for a free throw line fade away over and over.  At his size he should be attacking the glass.  That said, i wish we still had him but i agree with your point that guys like Bey can give you similar production and slightly different production. 

Yep. I do think Kevin prototype is more in demand as he's a PDS guy, Bey being a movement shooter who can play 4 is something valuable in this spacing league. Look at how much Trae and Murray game has been opened up since the Bey trade.

• Like 1

• Moderators
Just now, NBASupes said:

Yep. I do think Kevin prototype is more in demand as he's a PDS guy, Bey being a movement shooter who can play 4 is something valuable in this spacing league. Look at how much Trae and Murray game has been opened up since the Bey trade.

And with as quickly as Bey can get that 3 off with accuracy he is likely to have a long career in this league.  

2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

And with as quickly as Bey can get that 3 off with accuracy he is likely to have a long career in this league.  

Yep. There is always a role for Bey as long as his defense is just bad and below average and not awful where he can't stay on the floor. 

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Yep. There is always a role for Bey as long as his defense is just bad and below average and not awful where he can't stay on the floor. 

That Dinwiddie blow-by past Bey yesterday was purty embarrassin. Of course, Bey shouldn't be guarding Dinwiddie in the first place, but he clearly thought he had some help behind him, and instead, only air.

19 minutes ago, sturt said:

That Dinwiddie blow-by past Bey yesterday was purty embarrassin. Of course, Bey shouldn't be guarding Dinwiddie in the first place, but he clearly thought he had some help behind him, and instead, only air.

We blew that assignment collectively 

On 2/25/2023 at 2:58 PM, Final_quest said:

That first round pick is the underrated part of this deal.  If I've only seen Bey play a couple times, my opinion doesn't count for much.  Can I take a 25 game pledge before answering?

Imagine if that pick was in 2023..

2 1st rdrs in this years draft would be HUGE assets..

Hopefully the Kings keep it rolling next season... lol

30 minutes ago, sturt said:

Speaking of Dinwiddie..

That fool out here crying this morning.. lol

Trae should get ALOT MORE calls if we're being honest..........

3 minutes ago, terrell said:

Speaking of Dinwiddie..

Trae gets fouls a lot more than Dinwiddie. Trae is a heliocentric guard, the ball is always in his hands and he doesn't get most calls much less every call. 

8 minutes ago, terrell said:

Imagine if that pick was in 2023..

2 1st rdrs in this years draft would be HUGE assets..

Hopefully the Kings keep it rolling next season... lol

There is a reason why it's in 2024 and not 2023, this draft is considered, superior 

• Like 2

• Moderators
40 minutes ago, terrell said:

Speaking of Dinwiddie..

LOL.  shows a pic from 3 years ago.  Dude is really, really good but thinks he's the best player in the league. 

• Moderators
4 hours ago, macdaddy said:

This was always a frustration for me as well.  Has anyone watched enough of him this year to see how much more aggressive he has been?  He almost tripled his FT rate from last year this season (basically doubled his rate from his career norm).  As surprised as I am to see his uptick in FTA/gm and FTA/min, I am also shocked to see him under 70% from the line this season.

• Like 1

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, AHF said:

This was always a frustration for me as well.  Has anyone watched enough of him this year to see how much more aggressive he has been?  He almost tripled his FT rate from last year this season (basically doubled his rate from his career norm).  As surprised as I am to see his uptick in FTA/gm and FTA/min, I am also shocked to see him under 70% from the line this season.

Unfortunately everything has been trending downward for Kev in his monthly splits.  

image.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

Unfortunately everything has been trending downward for Kev in his monthly splits.  

image.png

Looked at the FT rate and that has been dropping as well but still much better than any season in Atlanta.  (1.3 per game over the last two months which are the worst for this season but better than the 0.7 to 1.1 per game in Atlanta).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AHF said:

Looked at the FT rate and that has been dropping as well but still much better than any season in Atlanta.  (1.3 per game over the last two months which are the worst for this season but better than the 0.7 to 1.1 per game in Atlanta).

He's getting a lot more touches. Sabonis go to guy is Kevin 

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He's getting a lot more touches. Sabonis go to guy is Kevin 

Right but he is shooting 1 more FGA/gm while shooting more than 1 FTA/gm.

That is a 9.7% increase in FGA but a 157.1% increase in FTA.  That would suggest to me he is doing something to draw more contact.

• Thanks 1