• Current Donation Goals

• Raised 390.00 USD of 700.00 USD target

Would you do this trade? Because *ahem* your team already did...

sturt

• Premium Member

Which block of assets would you rather have?

OUT

• Kevin Huerter (14.5m)
  • Frank Kaminsky (min contract)
  • 2023 2nd Rd Pick (to POR)
  • 2024 2nd Rd Pick (to POR)
  • 2024 2nd Rd Pick (to HOU)
  • 2025 2nd Rd Pick (to POR)
  • 2025 2nd Rd Pick (to HOU)
  • 2026 2nd Rd Pick (to GSW)
  • 2028 2nd Rd Pick (to GSW)

IN

• Saddiq Bey (3m)
  • Garrison Mathews (2m)
  • Bruno Fernando (2.7m)
  • 2024 1st Rd Pick (15-30 from SAC)

Saddiq Bey looks good. Real good. A legit #4 option on for an elite offense who can defend 4s and big wings is probably the best thing for Atlanta. He can play anywhere from the 2 to 4 on offense. That's insanely valuable. 

Kevin has damn near been critical for Sacramento as he's a legit 4th option that really opens up the floor for Sabonis and Fox which is why they are 3rd in the west. Both trades look good. Bey issue is getting minutes as Atlanta is stacked with talent again. My guess is things will open up when we trade Clint and JC in the offseason 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

Where’s @Buzzard? Hope you are doing well my man we miss you. We got Bey baby! 

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Bey is like a better Huerter, he just got some defensive issues with versatility which makes him best as a 6th man. 

I saw that thread you liked Cole at #13, also solid, even though he’s a lil annoying :sarcastic:

18 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Partially. Obviously wish we could have kept Huerter and still added Bey. Bogi should have been the odd man out.

I don't believe Kevin was going to fit long term. We got so many players playing the 2. Griffin, Bogi, Murray.

We're all happy for Huerter, but realistically, no one was taking Bogi and Velvet got the runner up treatment.  I think long term we will be more than happy with AJ as a fall back prize.  Bey...he's ok to me. Versatility a plus.  But signing him...he's gonna want Hunter money, then Hunter gone.  I ain't paying for Hunter twice. 😂😂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ShooterSays said:

I don't believe Bogi was going to fit long term. We got so many players playing the 2. Griffin, Huerter, Murray.

^^^^ fixed it.

True but teams wanted an asset for Bogi. Whereas we got an asset for Kevin 

1 minute ago, ShooterSays said:

I don't believe Bogi was going to fit long term. We got so many players playing the 2. Griffin, Huerter, Murray.

^^^^ fixed it.

True but teams wanted an asset for Bogi. Whereas we got an asset for Kevin 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

You forgot Justin Holiday and Harkless

(Yes, I didn't count them, but no, I didn't forget them. And I didn't count them because they're non-factors in the weighing of the two options... Holiday having played so little, and unlike Frank, even released immediately by the team that accepted him in trade... and Harkless the same, but earlier.)

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Final_quest said:

That first round pick is the underrated part of this deal.  If I've only seen Bey play a couple times, my opinion doesn't count for much. 

1 hour ago, TheTruth said:

Seriously though, depends on what retaining Bey may look like.

As-if there are opinions here that do "count for much"??? ... hehe

And as said to Jay, no one gets the benefit of knowing what retaining Player X may look like when they make the deal. Stand up and go on the record!

2 hours ago, sturt said:

As-if there are opinions here that do "count for much"??? ... hehe

You're right, even when I'm informed my opinion is just as unreliable.  I would actually take an even wider look at these moves and throw in Cam, DJM and the other picks we gave up.  Why? Because we would not have traded Huerter without landing Dejounte. 

I see it as Cam, Huerter, and a 1st rounder plus pick swaps as what we gave up for DJM.  Yes, we traded two of our own first round picks for Murray in addition to the Cam pick, but Huerter allowed us to get one back. So my view is the trade for Murray is Cam (NY pick), Huerter (returned 1st), and one first rounder plus pick swaps.  That is pretty close to the reality and I would certainly make that move.  

I see Bey as a means of getting a bench asset to make up for the loss of Huerter.  With AJ on the roster Bey actually fits better.  Bey could redeem the personnel shifting we did losing Huerter and Gallo.  

Overall I think we won trading Cam, Huerter, one first rounder, and 5 seconds for Murray and Bey. 
Murray>>>Huerter
Bey>>>Cam

• Like 1