• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Biggest week in franchise history, MUST go 3-0 to save the season!!!!

shakes

• Premium Member

This is it, this is our Super Bowl week, Final 4, Indy 500 and Stanley Cup all rolled into one.  Easily the most important week in the history of the franchise.    Right now here are the standings...

5.  New York  (ATL 2.5 games back)

6.  Brooklyn (ATL 2.5 gb)
7.  Miami (ATL 1 gb

8. ATL

Games this week:

NY:  Boston, Brooklyn, @ Miami, @ Boston

Brooklyn:  Milwaukee, @ NY, @ Boston, Charlotte

Miami:  Boston, Brooklyn, NY, ATL

ATL:  Washington, Portland, @ Miami

As you see, we have an easy week while all the teams ahead of us are gonna be Hunger Gaming each other all week + playing the top dogs in the conference.

We MUST go 3-0 to save the season.  2-1 with a loss to MIAMI will NOT suffice.   This team must make a statement THIS WEEK.

Who's with me take the MOST IMPORTANT WEEK OF THE CITY OF ATLANTA'S COLLECTIVE HISTORY PLEDGE?

• Like 2

• Premium Member

(Maybe I'm just cynical about cynicism round here, but it will not surprise me in the least for there to be calls--lighthearted, but calls nonetheless--to put Prunty back in the lead chair this time next week. 😄)

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, shakes said:

This is it, this is our Super Bowl week, Final 4, Indy 500 and Stanley Cup all rolled into one.  Easily the most important week in the history of the franchise.    Right now here are the standings...

5.  New York  (ATL 2.5 games back)

6.  Brooklyn (ATL 2.5 gb)
7.  Miami (ATL 1 gb

8. ATL

Games this week:

NY:  Boston, Brooklyn, @ Miami, @ Boston

Brooklyn:  Milwaukee, @ NY, @ Boston, Charlotte

Miami:  Boston, Brooklyn, NY, ATL

ATL:  Washington, Portland, @ Miami

As you see, we have an easy week while all the teams ahead of us are gonna be Hunger Gaming each other all week + playing the top dogs in the conference.

We MUST go 3-0 to save the season.  2-1 with a loss to MIAMI will NOT suffice.   This team must make a statement THIS WEEK.

Who's with me take the MOST IMPORTANT WEEK OF THE CITY OF ATLANTA'S COLLECTIVE HISTORY PLEDGE?

Man if they go 0-3 this needs to be the last this is the "biggest" thread. 

You might be jinxing us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

It's do or die time.  I think you've understated how important this week is in the history of Atlanta though. 

for starters, we need better defense than the city of Atlanta showed vs General Sherman.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

these 2 game mini series are dumb i think.   

I think they're great.  Like mini-playoff series'   get a chance to see what adjustments are made from night to night, if any.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, shakes said:

I think they're great.  Like mini-playoff series'   get a chance to see what adjustments are made from night to night, if any.

In a playoff race it feels like this is just going to be a split and have no bearing.   Plus i don't like our guys having a day off in between in South Beach.   

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

In a playoff race it feels like this is just going to be a split and have no bearing.   Plus i don't like our guys having a day off in between in South Beach.   

look, you're either a good basketball team made up of professionals or you're not.    At some point you need to sweep a team to prove it.  and at some point you need to prioritize winning basketball games over winning South Beach.

You can't become great by being coddled and sheltered.  

• Moderators
1 minute ago, shakes said:

look, you're either a good basketball team made up of professionals or you're not.    At some point you need to sweep a team to prove it.  and at some point you need to prioritize winning basketball games over winning South Beach.

Yes.  This is why i'm concerned. 

2 hours ago, shakes said:

And even the top teams in the league may split those games.

Miami is always a tough matchup, so we could easily lose both of those games. But if you lose 2 in Miami, make up for it by winning 2 in DC.

As I said in my prediction thread, the Hawks have 2 winnable home games + a decent shot to win 2 of 4 in MIA and DC.

That would make the Hawks 4 - 2 in their next 6 games and set us up for the March home games vs playoff level teams.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

And even the top teams in the league may split those games.

Miami is always a tough matchup, so we could easily lose both of those games. But if you lose 2 in Miami, make up for it by winning 2 in DC.

As I said in my prediction thread, the Hawks have 2 winnable home games + a decent shot to win 2 of 4 in MIA and DC.

That would make the Hawks 4 - 2 in their next 6 games and set us up for the March home games vs playoff level teams.

sounds like you'll be happy with a 41-41 season and another trip to the play in.

I set my sights higher.

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I guess that's the last we'll see of shakes for this year.  

Cmon isn't it obvious by now that I thrive off misery?  I'm just getting warmed up...

• Haha 1