Spud2nique

• Moderators

If Quin wants to try some new things, I think I would rather try:

Trae

DM

Hunter

Bey

OO

I feel like we need two solid perimeter defenders if possible and more outside shooting than a OO/CC pair gives.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
50 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Why does Murray always get a pass???

I don’t know what this means but for why I would prefer DM and Hunter as the 2/3 to Bogi / Hunter or Bogi / Bey or Hunter / Bey, etc. is because I think that Hunter and DM are our best options for matching up with guards and wings and for that reason would put them in my hypothetical starting lineup at those spots.  I don’t think Hunter would match up as well with quick guards and don’t think DM would match up as well with bigger wings.  Bogi is a defensive sieve even if a better shooter than any of these options and Bey isn’t as effective as either of them as a defensive matchup so I would not bump DM for either of them in the starting lineup.  Big picture I would lean towards the defense at those positions because modern offenses tend to revolve around production from guards and wings and I’m therefore not inclined to take a trade off for the offense Bogi and Bey offer.

• Premium Member
50 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

We need a shake up.

I’m starting:

TRAE

DM

BEY

OO

CAP

PINE 🌲 

JC

Bogi

Hunter

Others…

BEY>>>> HUNTER

OO>>>>> JC

Gimme your starters squawkers!!!!

I dont think it's a good Idea to play both of the guys that can play C at the same time.   The Capela OO rotation at Center has been working well... there is no need to change that. 

If there was one change I would make it's:

either  a starting 5 of 

Trae, DJ, Bey, JC, and CC 

or

Trae, DJ, Bey, Hunter, and CC

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Murray is arguably worse than Bogi guarding the perimeter...definitely a worse shooter.  Poorer fit with Trae young as a back court mate and literally has the worst +/- on the team and you want that guy starting?

I don't think he's worse than Bogi otherwise he wouldn't be here.   Bogi honestly is the best fit with Trae that there is if he was a good defender.   We got him to start next to Trae but his D became so suspect that we pretty much had to go with Kev.  

In a season with a coaching change and underwhelming play from much of the starting lineup I'm willing to give DJ a chance.

His fit with Trae isn't great but guys who are plus defenders, great ball handlers and shooters with good size aren't easy to find.  

• Premium Member

But Murray is bad!!! You admitted this yourself watch him consistently allow average offensive players to blow passed him on a regular basis while dying on every screen. I'm almost to the point where I would even prefer Griffin over Murray. Certainly it will be a no Brainerd in the future when Griffin becomes a better team defender.

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I don't think he's worse than Bogi otherwise he wouldn't be here.   Bogi honestly is the best fit with Trae that there is if he was a good defender.   We got him to start next to Trae but his D became so suspect that we pretty much had to go with Kev.  

In a season with a coaching change and underwhelming play from much of the starting lineup I'm willing to give DJ a chance.

His fit with Trae isn't great but guys who are plus defenders, great ball handlers and shooters with good size aren't easy to find.  

I'm not going to be able to truly assess his fit with Trae until he comes out of his offensive slump.  Before the slump, it wasn't a bad fit by most metrics.   Now that he's slumping, everybody wants to take a broom to him. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

We need a shake up.

I’m starting:

TRAE

DM

BEY

OO

CAP

PINE 🌲 

JC

Bogi

Hunter

Others…

BEY>>>> HUNTER

OO>>>>> JC

Gimme your starters squawkers!!!!

Trae / DJM / Bey / JC / OO

The reality is that OO should be starting over Clint in my opinion.  I like Bey over Hunter as well.  But you can't start OO and Clint together, imo.  So I'm starting OO with JC and bringing Clint off the bench with Hunter, AJ, JJ, and Bogi.  

5 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Trae / DJM / Bey / JC / OO

The reality is that OO should be starting over Clint in my opinion.  I like Bey over Hunter as well.  But you can't start OO and Clint together, imo.  So I'm starting OO with JC and bringing Clint off the bench with Hunter, AJ, JJ, and Bogi.  

This isn’t a democracy and just putting whatever is your fav 5 up there…. :huh:

Well, I would start OO over Cap if JC shows any life whatsoever, his post moves blow, the d leaves him open on threes for good reason, meanwhile Cap is often fighting harder blocking shots and boarding. I know it’s redundancy with 2 centers per se but JC needs to step up.

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Bey watch

image.gif.a60327319ea3c6a5cd83afdf320a669d.gif

• Haha 1