• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

NEW STARTING 5 (in Spud’s view)

Spud2nique

Just now, Spud2nique said:

My apologies to the blondie 👱‍♀️ lovers of the :boobs: watch. Here you go..

image.gif.d879159e40d6c019a1cc6a48c2a3f621.gif

She runs like a deer 🦌 on the court :huh:

Beautiful 😍 

How hot do you have to be to be one of the people walking by in the footage? Asking for a friend.

My argument against folks that say we can’t start 2 centers is give O a chance to chase that opposing PF. He’s quick man he’s got the feet, and I think on offense we just funnel it all to the other 3 positions and have Cap and OO just fight people. 

Who the heck in their right minds can take blows with both Cap and OO for 35 minutes a game? Name 2 bigs in a team. The Bucks with Brook and Portis yes, not many others.

Just saying use O, he’s ready now, we groomed him, cut some other minutes somewhere. Get O in the game I haven’t lobbied for my boy in a minute but Quin needs to get him in there more.

• Moderators

I feel like we need prior version of Peo who argued Bogi was worthless vs current Peo with DM in his sights!  😁

FWIW, here are the metrics for our perimeter players from best to worst:

DRTG

DM 116

A Holiday 117

Griffin 118

Bogi 118

Hunter 119

DBPM

A Holiday 0.9

DM -0.1

Griffin -0.4

Bogi -0.8

Hunter -1.4

DWS/48

DM 0.042

A Holiday 0.035

Bogi 0.0305

Griffin 0.0304

Hunter 0.026

(Note:  Excluded Trae because I think he is the one must start player among this group.)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Everyone seems to like Bey now. I guess I will have to start my own Bey watch cause I don't get it.

Nah.  I've been on the no train.  A few hot 3's made everyone think he's a better fit.  I'm not one of them.  He's Hunter 2.0 with less defense and I can't stomach watching hunter on offense..yuck.  I mean if both could stand in the corner and shoot...maybe.  Meh to them both.  And Bey is gonna want Hunter money. Puke

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Yeah...keep thinking Bogi and Murray are better defenders than Dre. if you really believe this then we don't have to continue this discussion.

I just gave you objective numbers.  You do with them what you will.  I welcome you sharing the metrics that you think accurately make the case for Hunter.

I think Hunter is clearly a better defender than Bogi.  I would guess that the difference in large part reflects that Hunter and DM are always going to take the top opposing wing or guard and Bogi isn’t going to have that assignment.  DM and Hunter are much closer with Hunter having more value due to size.  He is much less disruptive than DM but also more solid in terms of his positional defense.  Neither is elite but both are a step function better than any alternatives on the roster.

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

How hot do you have to be to be one of the people walking by in the footage? Asking for a friend.

I can just imagine the Director saying...  Get the ugly, fat people off the beach!!

Hasselhoff:  Who me?

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
22 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

My argument against folks that say we can’t start 2 centers is give O a chance to chase that opposing PF. He’s quick man he’s got the feet, and I think on offense we just funnel it all to the other 3 positions and have Cap and OO just fight people. 

Who the heck in their right minds can take blows with both Cap and OO for 35 minutes a game? Name 2 bigs in a team. The Bucks with Brook and Portis yes, not many others.

Just saying use O, he’s ready now, we groomed him, cut some other minutes somewhere. Get O in the game I haven’t lobbied for my boy in a minute but Quin needs to get him in there more.

My only issue is that we have two viable centers and if they get into foul trouble, we only have Bruno off then bench or are playing small ball with Collins. Otherwise, I do think OO is a PF next to the right center.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
47 minutes ago, BangHolman said:

My only issue is that we have two viable centers and if they get into foul trouble, we only have Bruno off then bench or are playing small ball with Collins. Otherwise, I do think OO is a PF next to the right center.

Continue to be bullish on Bruno... and especially now, I don't think he's being given his due opportunity. Like Mathews, I believe Q will be rewarded for putting him on the floor.

THAT SAID, that's not really the point of pounding the table with one of my agendas here.

The agenda here is... if you're serious about post season, you don't sit back and fail to put a legit 6th big on the roster... post season, you're going to have that game or games that one or more of your (onlyl) two Cs is in foul trouble or has developed some nagging injury... or worse, both... and your coach is going to be handicapped. Then, too, there's the other issue that sometimes you need a guy who can take an enforcer/goon role for a chunk of a postseason game... and you surely prefer not to use your primary Cs in that role.

This front office is not serious about post season... and quite possibly, neither is the coach.

There are ample free agent centers who know their way around an NBA court to choose from, most notably one who knows Q's system inside and out, and is one of Q's favorites by his own admission, and who even has most recently been an Atlanta Hawk. Even calls ATL "home."

Instead, we continue to have on the 15-man two players who are developmental types, neither of which are bigs.

Case closed.

I was a Bruno hater on the court I’ll admit, love his story off it, but he did seem to get better since his last stint with us. I’m not saying we should depend on him whatsoever but spot minutes perhaps? He has a big body (screen setter) and 6 hard hard fouls to give. No flagerants or anything but something that lets opponents know they can’t coast through the paint, although our real issue seems to be perimeter defense so that’s another area to address for us. We have some work ahead of us for sure but we also have bodies.

• Like 1