• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Would you do it... 4-20

Diesel

• Premium Member

Here's my thought.

I wouldn't do the trade unless we definitely had planned on moving out some SGs. 

Right now we have DJ, Bogi, AJ all vying for SG minutes now and in the future.  IF we did this deal, that's one more dude who is vying for those same minutes.  IF we had a trade for DJ... which it would have to be something really good.. I would consider pulling the trigger here. 

Both Bey and JJ can step up at SF and give us good minutes. 

But if you put Trae in the game constantly with great shooters... We have that balance. 

42.5% from 3 on 8.5 3s per game.  He has to have some gravity. 

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, Diesel said:

You were doing well until you went here...

We are holding on to the hope of a guy and being busted in the mouth by the reality.   And Reality is whipping our collective asses and we're making statements like He's too valuable.   IN what None Supes Nonestatistic world did Hunter ever show value?

Better yet, what can we count on from him?

Buddy Heild  shot 42.5% from 3 this year and took 8.5 3s per game.  That's a bonafide gunner.  Does this dude have to shoot 50% from three before you recognize his value?

Hunter is not going to get back quality in a trade right now.  There's no reason to move him.  His potential to be coached up by Quin far exceeds any value we will get in return.  Buddy Hield is not a winning player no matter how many 3s he makes.  All the venting about Dre would be 10x worst if it were Buddy Hield on the court.

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Hunter is not going to get back quality in a trade right now.  There's no reason to move him.  His potential to be coached up by Quin far exceeds any value we will get in return.  Buddy Hield is not a winning player no matter how many 3s he makes.  All the venting about Dre would be 10x worst if it were Buddy Hield on the court.

If Indiana called, we'd be fools not to listen. 

Buddy Hield is not going to be a star player but he can be a very good COG on a winning team. 

2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I guess i don't understand your definition of flawed.  I really like Brunson and Harden.  Teams improve but it's not like they had to tear it down to the studs and start over.  Especially Philly.  They've been a 50 win team with an mvp candidate for a while now.  I wish we were flawed like that. 

Philly has actually had major turnover from that post season - basically only Embiid, Harris and Maxey are left from their top 9.

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, Packfill said:

Philly has actually had major turnover from that post season - basically only Embiid, Harris and Maxey are left from their top 9.

Ok but still not seeing the case that that philly team was flawed unless just getting beat by the Hawks makes them flawed. 

• Thanks 2

19 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I guess i don't understand your definition of flawed.  I really like Brunson and Harden.  Teams improve but it's not like they had to tear it down to the studs and start over.  Especially Philly.  They've been a 50 win team with an mvp candidate for a while now.  I wish we were flawed like that. 

Half of that Knicks roster that got rotational run is gone though  (Noel (bum), Bullock (bum), Rose (broken), Gibson (old), Burks (mediocre) and they were missing Mitchell Robinson.  

That Sixers series was led in minutes by Tobias Harris, Furkan Muthaf&@kin Korkmaz was 5th, and Ben Simmons has proved he isn’t mentally cut out for the league.  Their coach was and still is Doc.  Don’t get me wrong I was very exited about the run, but it wasn’t anything to hold on to or champion 2 years later.  The Hawks were head and shoulders above both (and about 2/3 of the league) in terms of talent and nothing has changed with all first rounders in the regular rotation.  

Being dominated by BU level guards from late first, second, and undrafted backgrounds two playoffs in a row is an organizational failure years in the making that was obvious to me.

Edited by benhillboy

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Half of that Knicks roster that got rotational run is gone though  (Noel (bum), Bullock (bum), Rose (broken), Gibson (old), Burks (mediocre) and they were missing Mitchell Robinson.  

That Sixers series was led in minutes by Tobias Harris, Furkan Muthaf&@kin Korkmaz was 5th, and Ben Simmons has proved he isn’t mentally cut out for the league.  Their coach was and still is Doc.  Don’t get me wrong I was very exited about the run, but it wasn’t anything to hold on to or champion 2 years later.  The Hawks were head and shoulders above both in terms of talent and nothing has changed with all first rounders in the regular rotation.

I mean this is revisionist.  Literally no one, and very few on here, thought the Hawks would win either series.  Sixers were the number one seed for crying out loud.  Now it's because the Sixers are coached by Doc?   We were led by Nate.  smh.  You keep throwing out the Hawks had 'all first rounders' the sixers had 2 top three picks who were multiple year all stars.  Yeah Simmons is broken now.  How'd that happen?

Seriously I"m all for finding the broken parts of our team.  Nearly every player this year has underperformed.  But let's not just discount what is good and what was good in the past like the players were just lucky.  

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, bird_dirt said:

Didn’t Sacramento already struggle with having both Hield and Bogi at the same time? 
I don’t want to repeat their mistakes. 

There can be many reasons why Sacto suffered.

They had Haliburton too.  Luke Walton is not Quin Snyder.   He had Delon too.   Sacto is just a lot of pieces with no reason.. until this year. 

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, StonedDogs said:

SGA for Trae

Bring Collin Sexton and BJ Boston home. Capela gotta go. Too slow

Watching the Warriors play and the speed they play and move the ball and move without, only one guy on this team can keep up and that's DJM all day. 

Build the team around Murray 

How many times will you ask for perpetual Mediocrity?

• Haha 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, StonedDogs said:

Build the team around Murray 

There is no way I am building this team around Murray.  He is a good player but he isn't that special.  SGA would be the guy to build around in your scenario.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Diesel x @AHF

you cannot build a championship team around Trae Young. Who would you rather bring in?

Collin Sexton will easily give you offense off the bench. Boston would be a walking bucket under Quinn. He's already had a better game against the Celtics than Hunter. 

They're both young. Hawks have no player like Boston or Sexton who are raw, fearless, and confident. Snyder type players. Hawks need young dogs offensively who can keep up with todays NBA speed

Collin Sexton is a winner. Wants to play regular season ball. 

• Moderators

I'm pretty sour on Brandon Boston after watching him at UK.  His career .491% TS% is absymally bad.  Still young enough to develop but he needs a lot of development.  I'm very happy we have Griffin instead of him on our roster.

Sexton is a great option as a 6th man of the year type.  But he isn't a point guard or playmaker and is a 6'1'' shooting guard which means you need a special combination on the floor to make that work with him.  I've never been his biggest fan and definitely would view him as a complimentary piece and not a franchise cornerstone.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
16 hours ago, StonedDogs said:

@JayBirdHawk

His heart, grit, and passion for every possession makes him a winner. Take away Trae and Murray. You cannot name one guard on the Hawks bench who is better. Sexton could start easily for this Hawks team. He's a Snyder type player. 

Are you saying that if we didn't have Trae and Murray that Sexton could start for this team?  I agree with that.  I also will tell you that a team with Sexton as its lead guard is a lottery team.

Boston couldn't get minutes right now for us.  He wouldn't play over DM, Bogi, Hunter or Griff.  He has the upside to be a really nice player but lots of development still needed for that to happen.  He got exactly 248 minutes for LA this year which puts him right behind Moses Brown and Bones Hyland.  

• Thanks 1