• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Would you do it ... 4-21 .. 4-20 continued with Buckhalter wrinkle... Total Hawks Makeover...

Diesel

• Premium Member

image.png

image.png

image.png

This would you do it.... brings about a lot of the potpourri that has been cooking lately...  But the focus is surround Trae with Shooters. 

Starting Lineups:

Trae, Buddy, JJ, KAT, and Gafford

2nd Lineup:

Wright, Bogi, AJ, Bey, and OO

OK, here it is....

Trae is surrounded by shooters.  Scoring will never be a problem. 

• Confused 1

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, warcore said:

somebody wake me up when we're trying to trade for Jaylen Brown

AND CLEAN THIS MESS UP!

@warcore

IS part of you wanting JB because he's from Atlanta and has said that he would love to play for Atlanta?  Or does that not factor in it at all?

Just curious.

15 minutes ago, Diesel said:

@warcore

IS part of you wanting JB because he's from Atlanta and has said that he would love to play for Atlanta?  Or does that not factor in it at all?

Just curious.

I'll tell you why I'm in camp Jaylen over Buddy all day.  Buddy has been in Sacto for all or part of 6 of his 7 NBA seasons.  A bad team that has never played defense and only focused on offense.  Meanwhile, Jaylen Brown has been in Boston where they value offense and defense and has shared the load with a better player for most of his 7 years.  And yet:

• Buddy has 15 30+ pt games; Jaylen has 58 30+ pt games. 
  • Buddy's scoring peaked in year 3 and has decreased every year since until a slight uptick this year; Jaylen has increased his scoring every year
  • Buddy ORtg is 108 / DRtg is 115; Jaylen ORtg is 108 / DRtg is 109
  • Buddy is just a guy; Jaylen takes over games

Buddy may be a slightly better pure shooter, but Jaylen is the far better overall player.  And yeah, the fact that JB wants to play in Atlanta doesn't hurt.  

Now that's not to say I'd turn down Buddy if available while JB isn't available.  There's other considerations in terms of acquisition cost. But if all else is equal, I'm taking Jaylen over Buddy all day.  

Edited by REHawksFan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

@warcore

Just curious.

It's his mindset // approach to the game. He's extremely humble -- Trae and DJ are not. And those are our supposed leaders. This team doesn't need anymore soft // immature leaders, which is exactly what KAT would be. 

Jaylen is the type of personality this locker room needs. Not to mention, he's what this team has desperately needed since Joe Johnson. He's a two way that can create for himself and others. Really no weakness to his game. Whereas everyone on our roster has plenty of holes. 

My dream offseason includes a trade based around Dre/DJ for JB. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, REHawksFan said:

I'll tell you why I'm in camp Jaylen over Buddy all day.  Buddy has been in Sacto for all or part of 6 of his 7 NBA seasons.  A bad team that has never played defense and only focused on offense.  Meanwhile, Jaylen Brown has been in Boston where they value offense and defense and has shared the load with a better player for most of his 7 years.  And yet:

• Buddy has 15 30+ pt games; Jaylen has 58 30+ pt games. 
  • Buddy's scoring peaked in year 3 and has decreased every year since until a slight uptick this year; Jaylen has increased his scoring every year
  • Buddy ORtg is 108 / DRtg is 115; Jaylen ORtg is 108 / DRtg is 109
  • Buddy is just a guy; Jaylen takes over games

Buddy may be a slightly better pure shooter, but Jaylen is the far better overall player.  And yeah, the fact that JB wants to play in Atlanta doesn't hurt.  

Now that's not to say I'd turn down Buddy if available while JB isn't available.  There's other considerations in terms of acquisition cost. But if all else is equal, I'm taking Jaylen over Buddy all day.  

Well, it's not about Buddy vs. Jaylen.  So let me erase Buddy from the conversation...

It's about Jaylen...  is there part of us that want Jaylen because he played at Wheeler HS, he has a contract dispute upcoming, and he has stated that he wants to play for the Hawks at some point?

• Premium Member
37 minutes ago, warcore said:

It's his mindset // approach to the game. He's extremely humble -- Trae and DJ are not. And those are our supposed leaders. This team doesn't need anymore soft // immature leaders, which is exactly what KAT would be. 

Jaylen is the type of personality this locker room needs. Not to mention, he's what this team has desperately needed since Joe Johnson. He's a two way that can create for himself and others. Really no weakness to his game. Whereas everyone on our roster has plenty of holes. 

My dream offseason includes a trade based around Dre/DJ for JB. 

Don't get me wrong... I want JB too.  I think he's a good Big Guard that would pair well with Trae.   I mean, he's a clean 6'7" 228..   That's damn near perfect size to be a Big wing kind of player.   I hadn't considered personality as much because I don't know his personality really.    I did consider that he can go out and get his points.   Boston taking DJ would be interesting.   With Smart there, I don't know if they will.  If they traded Smart (Which they won't) they would have San Antonio's old front court and Tatum.  After a while, they will have to replace Horf... so maybe that would be a driving force. 

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

Well, it's not about Buddy vs. Jaylen.  So let me erase Buddy from the conversation...

It's about Jaylen...  is there part of us that want Jaylen because he played at Wheeler HS, he has a contract dispute upcoming, and he has stated that he wants to play for the Hawks at some point?

This is why we have a chance to trade for him and pay him what he wants.

Of course it doesn't hurt that he has ties to Atlanta and would be happy to play here. But ultimately it's about him being better than anything we've got from a basketball standpoint.... and to a lesser extent I can't watch much more of Dre dribbling it off his shins and tripping himself up... I just can't. 

• Haha 1

Still waiting on the Naz Reid deal, @Diesel.

Imagine us sittin' in the waiting room.  I'm lookin you square in the eyes and I haven't blinked for over an hour.  You're uncomfortable.  You're wondering if somethings wrong with me at this point.  Of course somethings wrong, we're in the free clinic after all.  But why's this guy staring at you?  I just took a sip of coffee, but never interrupted the stare.  Come on, Dies-o.  Whatchu got?

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

is there part of us that want Jaylen because he played at Wheeler HS, he has a contract dispute upcoming, and he has stated that he wants to play for the Hawks at some point?

This isn't WHY I want Jaylen.  I want Jaylen because he's an elite player that would pair well with Trae.  BUT, the above is certainly why I think we have a chance at getting Jaylen. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Still waiting on the Naz Reid deal, @Diesel.

Imagine us sittin' in the waiting room.  I'm lookin you square in the eyes and I haven't blinked for over an hour.  You're uncomfortable.  You're wondering if somethings wrong with me at this point.  Of course somethings wrong, we're in the free clinic after all.  But why's this guy staring at you?  I just took a sip of coffee, but never interrupted the stare.  Come on, Dies-o.  Whatchu got?

Whenever you say Naz Reid, I think of this guy...

Hawks Media Day Photos and Premium High Res Pictures - Getty Images

Then I ask two questions...

1.  How is he and Jeff Green still in the league?

2.   Who gave him Stacey Augmon's Jersey?

Don't Blink GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

This isn't WHY I want Jaylen.  I want Jaylen because he's an elite player that would pair well with Trae.  BUT, the above is certainly why I think we have a chance at getting Jaylen. 

A player with a career underwater rating (that you want to pair with another underwater rating player) at 26% usage is “elite?”  He had the worst on/ off net of their rotation players this season (-3.8) and has the second worst rating to Sam Hauser in this series that they’re dominating.  Paying (a healthy) Robert Williams is way higher on the Celtic’s list of future priorities as it should be.

I knew the Warriors could replace Kevin Durant easily and they did with a career bust.  Jaylen Brown isn’t exactly Kevin Durant (or is he?) The Celtics are a heavy favorite to win it all and if they do they’ll allow Brown to walk no problem.