• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

With the #15 pick in the 2023 NBA Draft, the Hawks select.....

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, ShooterSays said:

Mr. Captain Post Police at it again. No duh Grant isn't someone with insider knowledge.

Did you even read the tweet? Because he's quoting Fischer and not claiming the report as his own. So you literally waisted your time researching Grant to prove a point when he's quoting an insider off a podcast.

Bravo.

14 minutes ago, sturt said:

But for the record, there's about a dozen people here, I imagine, who deserve at least  as much of your attention when they post something on Twitter or otherwise. Just sayin.

As to the UGA grad's logic... huh???... if you're wanting #10 with Lively as the target, theoretically, why wouldn't you be willing to part with your current starting center.

That's two votes for "no" on discernment.

During silly season.

Alrighty then. 😄

So, curious, any GT grads around here who we might wanna give special audience to? 😄😄😄

2 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Mr. Captain Post Police at it again. No duh Grant isn't someone with insider knowledge.

Did you even read the tweet? Because he's quoting Fischer and not claiming the report as his own. So you literally waisted your time researching Grant to prove a point when he's quoting an insider off a podcast.

Bravo.

I got all my baby teeth back just by blocking those posts.... consider it Traditional Squawk Medicine. 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

Boys (and girls)... dunno... think you might wanna reconsider that discernment thing this close to the draft. Silliest of season. A lot  of flapping gums trying to seem important.

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, sturt said:

This is who you're quoting, as-if someone with insight.

2023-06-20_14-22-44.png

But oh yeah... I forgot... you're the one here who voted a big Bugs Bunny "NO!" on discernment.

... hehe...

never mind then.

But for the record, there's about a dozen people here, I imagine, who deserve at least  as much of your attention when they post something on Twitter or otherwise. Just sayin.

As to the UGA grad's logic... huh???... if you're wanting #10 with Lively as the target, theoretically, why wouldn't you be willing to part with your current starting center.

But Grant said he got the info from Fischer so what's the issue?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, sturt said:

So, curious, any GT grads around here who we might wanna give special audience to? 😄😄

I'll start a public twitter and start quoting myself here 😛 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, bird_dirt said:

I’m curious to see where Emoni Bates falls in the draft and follow how his career may turn out. 

Someone will take a flier on him the second round and see if they can teach him how to play team basketball, otherwise I think he'll bounce around the g-league before going international

Edited by akay
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, akay said:

But Grant said he got the info from Fischer so what's the issue?

Appreciate the question.

There's no new news in the post. The Fischer podcast intel was already reported.

So what was the point? One is left to think the point was that the UGA grad was lending some new logic to the equation.

To which I said...

12 minutes ago, sturt said:

So, why are we quoting the UGA grad at all as-if his tweet is somehow "interesting." (Now, granted, if you didn't already know that Fischer had said that, maybe that part would be interesting to you.)

But I've seen young Grant cited here in the last week as-if someone whose insight is to be highly regarded... and discernment suggests maybe others among our own community are at least  as insightful, if not much more.

For the record, I'm living up to my pledge not to engage the one poster who so resisted my original call for discernment. It's fine.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

tenor.gif?itemid=14592386

Jay, that's an empty... one might even say snarky... response. You'll not find a single occasion where I have suggested that I have some exclusive insight that merits your quoting me.

Not one.

Do I argue for my conclusions adamantly?

If you want to prosecute me, at least prosecute me accurately. For that.

Now, I get it, you want to read into my arguing my conclusions aggressively as "self-importance."

That's what people do when they don't wanna take on the substance of what someone says... start making assumptions about the person and making it about him/her rather than the substance... feeling "I might not be able to debunk the facts or logic, but at least I can take the disliked person down a notch."

There's an audience here to whom your approach appeals... a couple or three right here in this thread recently... but there's likely also an intelligent audience who see through your schtick for what it is. Don't underestimate that.

Notice, please... in closing... I've said not one word about you as a person in this. All of it regards your comments/behaviors toward me.

(I could. But I stopped doing that years ago, as I realized what that approach said more about me than the person who had become the object of my scorn.)

So, to AHF's post's point... I'm here to talk basketball, to talk draft, and in this case, to talk specifically about discerning between what is worthwhile to give any attention versus what may isn't so much. Not my fault that there are anti-discernment people here who aren't real happy about my take. It happens.

• Premium Member

15. Atlanta Hawks

Kris Murray | 6-8 forward | 22 years old | Iowa

The difficulty in picking a player for the Hawks is they can go multiple ways this offseason trying to find ways to pare their payroll — they are currently in the luxury tax with only 10 players under contract for next season — and so it’s hard to determine thin areas on the roster. But Murray, the twin brother of Sacramento rookie Keegan Murray, seems the safest pick here. He averaged 20.8 points as a junior, taking a leap after two years on the bench, and projects as a solid 3-and-D wing. He has the athleticism to play small forward and the strength to play at power forward. He made only 33.5 percent of his catch-and-shoot 3-pointers, but he showed strong finishing skills at the rim. His 7-foot wingspan also should pay dividends at both ends of the court. – Jeff Schultz

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, AHF said:

Let's knock off the score keeping and personal comments on the thread and get back to talking about basketball.

Oh you know I’m gonna give this a like specially when I’m in my zone flying straight. 

Be nice to each other!!! :smile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

15. Atlanta Hawks

Kris Murray | 6-8 forward | 22 years old | Iowa

The difficulty in picking a player for the Hawks is they can go multiple ways this offseason trying to find ways to pare their payroll — they are currently in the luxury tax with only 10 players under contract for next season — and so it’s hard to determine thin areas on the roster. But Murray, the twin brother of Sacramento rookie Keegan Murray, seems the safest pick here. He averaged 20.8 points as a junior, taking a leap after two years on the bench, and projects as a solid 3-and-D wing. He has the athleticism to play small forward and the strength to play at power forward. He made only 33.5 percent of his catch-and-shoot 3-pointers, but he showed strong finishing skills at the rim. His 7-foot wingspan also should pay dividends at both ends of the court. – Jeff Schultz

He does realize that Kris defends 3s as well as Bey does. He must confuse Keegan for Kris. Kris is like Robert Horry

• Like 1