• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

With the #15 pick in the 2023 NBA Draft, the Hawks select.....

JayBirdHawk

6 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Yeah.  I think Atlanta would push for at least another first round pick to take on Bertrans contract.  

I guess, in Jake Fisher's universe, the first trade will be for Atlanta to acquire the 10 pick for the 15 pick.  Then trade the 10+Collins to DAL for Bertans+15.

(Long story short, the tweet's wrong on it's face.  Am i using that pnrase right?)

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I just don't get why Vecenie keeps projecting Smith to Atlanta.  I mean, Nick Smith may have potential, but he's like the worst case scenario at 15.  Crappy defender.  Crappy off the ball shooter.  Has some creation ability but decision making is poor.  

Word I've heard is that Nick Smith was thought to be a top 3 pick going into the season, but then he was struck down with injuries, and his season at AR wasn't all it was projected to be. So, there are people who believe he's going to surprise long-term.

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, sturt said:

Word I've heard is that Nick Smith was thought to be a top 3 pick going into the season, but then he was struck down with injuries, and his season at AR wasn't all it was projected to be. So, there are people who believe he's going to surprise long-term.

saw him several times this year and was thoroughly unimpressed.   

Interesting.  I said earlier the Hawks were in a position where they could take a swing on upside with this pick.  The guys I have had in mind as upside swings are Derek Lively, Dariq Whitehead, Bilal Coulibaly, Rayan Rupert, and Maxwell Lewis.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, KB21 said:

Interesting.  I said earlier the Hawks were in a position where they could take a swing on upside with this pick.  The guys I have had in mind as upside swings are Derek Lively, Dariq Whitehead, Bilal Coulibaly, Rayan Rupert, and Maxwell Lewis.  

Interesting also that Fields said they've had guys in he won't name....said it twice. So 'Secret visits'

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

IOW, ESPN said to stop ruining their draft coverage.  This was always basically a "flex" move showing what he knew.  Given that the picks are announced seconds later, there is not intrinsic value in the reporting other than to say "I was first!"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Dang look at this.  Just popped up just now.  Weird.

(Oops... never mind... didn't notice that Chouinard linked to the video, my bad.)

• Premium Member
55 minutes ago, AHF said:

IOW, ESPN said to stop ruining their draft coverage.  This was always basically a "flex" move showing what he knew.  Given that the picks are announced seconds later, there is not intrinsic value in the reporting other than to say "I was first!"

Don't recall how it is with NBA, but I've noticed with NFL that if you pay attention to your Twitter feed, someone who is on-site in the audience will announce who got picked, and then it gets retweeted rapidly... but the video is x-number of seconds behind what's happening live. Fwiw.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Interesting also that Fields said they've had guys in he won't name....said it twice. So 'Secret visits'

Me, I find these pressers in particular to be so nothing-burger-ish. Same thing can be said from year to year for the most part, and same things are said from team to team for the most part. No real insights that leave a person feeling like they come away with any new perspective.