• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

With the #15 pick in the 2023 NBA Draft, the Hawks select.....

JayBirdHawk

56 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Multiple players that make sense short term and long: lively, gradey, wallace, jett, maxwell, kris murray. The reality is whoever we take most likely isn't seeing the rotation short term anyways unless they consolidate trade some people. And we aren't exactly a contender yet so take BPA for long term to begin with. if they carve out a role great but thats not how you are supposed to draft when you aren't fully a contender. Also probably won't be picking at 15 anyways

This is why taking a guy like Whitehead makes a lot of sense, despite the running joke that the Hawks only take falling Duke players.  This kid was considered a top 5 pick a year ago.  He had a foot injury and a rough freshman season.  It's a buy low opportunity for big upside.  I'm not usually one that buys into upside/hype, but I think the Hawks are in a position where they can swing for the fences.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, KB21 said:

This is why taking a guy like Whitehead makes a lot of sense, despite the running joke that the Hawks only take falling Duke players.  This kid was considered a top 5 pick a year ago.  He had a foot injury and a rough freshman season.  It's a buy low opportunity for big upside.  I'm not usually one that buys into upside/hype, but I think the Hawks are in a position where they can swing for the fences.  

Yup makes a ton of sense to me and fits the bill of guys they have been rumored to target. Wouldn't shock me if they trade down in a jc dump and take him

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Seems like more of a 2nd round guy.  I mean, I got a thumb cramp scrolling down mock drafts tryna find this guy.

I wish we had some Kentucky fans who could tell us something about their players. @AHF @bird_dirt. Maybe they were just there for the bourbon?

Kinda hope we go with the Connecticut guy or a trade down and get a defensive big in round 1.

Yeah, I saw that tweet and wondered why a team would make a promise to draft a player in the second round. 
I’m assuming it was the Pacers, though. He just worked out for them and they have two late FRP. 
Unless a lottery team promises to pick you, it seems crazy (or lazy) to stop working out for other teams. 
He was pretty unremarkable from what I saw of him. I didn’t watch every UK game, but I can only recall one game where he made me even notice him. Wish him well, but would not recommend. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

He was pretty unremarkable from what I saw of him. I

:laugh1: You don’t hear that often! 

It’s like.. “Boy, I tell ya Herb, I saw that kid play and lemme tell ya, he was UNremarkabllllleeeee, simply unamazing.”

:huh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

[] I think you’re looking at the screen but there’s no way you are watching, must be dozing off. 😴 

image.gif.38adeea873a58490eb54fbf4f7c291c0.gif

dude they let you out of kindergarten early today?  WTF are you talking about?   Where are all my bad draft predictions you talk about?

2023 NBA Mock Draft: Updated Full 2-Round Predictions | News, Scores, Highlights, Stats, and Rumors | Bleacher Report

• Ben Sheppard's stock is soaring, now at No. 19 with interest building in mid-first round

Yep.

15. Atlanta Hawks: Keyonte George (Baylor, SG, 19 years old)

The fact that George looked slim and well conditioned during his pro day sat well with scouts. The Hawks would value his shooting and second-unit scoring, while Atlanta's veteran guards would help limit George's decision-making load.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, shakes said:

He started it dad!

I’m sorry I poked but I think it was from the time I PM’d you and you publicly posted it. I dunno why that quickly came to my mind.

Yes, we had a half day. We played with rice 🍚.

8 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

[] I think you’re looking at the screen but there’s no way you are watching, must be dozing off. 😴 

@AHF next time have @kg01 do the editing you make me sound weak :huh: :batman: Catch me and you can ban me.. I kid don’t. Fine, I’ll release the vice grip on shakes 🥜