• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

With the #15 pick in the 2023 NBA Draft, the Hawks select.....

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
16 hours ago, KB21 said:

So, here's my list:

Trade up options: Jarace Walker/Houston and Taylor Hendricks/Central Florida

Could conceivably fall to 15: Grady d*ck/Kansas, Cason Wallace/Kentucky, Anthony Black/Arkansas

I don't see how any of those players could conceivably fall to 15.I think you're living in fantasyland.

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, KB21 said:

No one thought AJ and Jalen would fall the last two years either.  

What are you talking about?   JJ was mocked in the late teens by most sites.  I saw one that had him as high as 13, but that was the anomaly a most had him mocked in the high teens.

AJ fell because of injury concerns.  None of the players you are hoping will fall have injury concerns.

You;re talking about guys who will all be gone by pick #12 in a weak draft that has a ton of drop off after the top 10-12.

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I think Washington gave him a promise. 

Have never understood this mentality of making promises to players. What's really the point of that? Who somehow benefits?

But. That said.

With Black being mocked to them incessantly, that would be quite a head-turner... but truth be told, I think given their situation it makes more sense to draft Wallace. Whoever takes Black is going to have to live with the possibility that he turns out a lot more like Michael Carter Williams than Tyrese Haliburton... his shot is just so clonky... yeah, Black's performed better in workouts, but like others have said about Lively, I don't trust workouts.

Our situation is much more amenable to a player like Black. Would love to see him fall to us.

If we have to make the pick, he's still my top dog, then Lively or Wallace... and now, I'm putting Coulibaly in that pool as a 4th.

2 hours ago, KB21 said:

The guy to keep your eye on for Atlanta is Ben Sheppard from Belmont.  Big time shooter.  

This feels like your Huerter call. I’ll keep an eye. That came outta left field for me that Kev pick.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, KB21 said:

The guy to keep your eye on for Atlanta is Ben Sheppard from Belmont.  Big time shooter.  

Is rising apparently. Exceptionally quick shot. Not sure he's someone that should be anticipated to make an immediate impact, but he could... it's just that you question that, naturally, from a smaller D1 school like Belmont, so would need to make a hard study of his minutes against name brand schools. Great thing these days is that bigger schools aren't as adverse to playing the Belmonts and Lipscombs as they once were, so... I haven't looked... but there's probably some tape of him against some rosters with higher-touted talent.

10 minutes ago, sturt said:

Have never understood this mentality of making promises to players. What's really the point of that? Who somehow benefits?

But. That said.

With Black being mocked to them incessantly, that would be quite a head-turner... but truth be told, I think given their situation it makes more sense to draft Wallace. Whoever takes Black is going to have to live with the possibility that he turns out a lot more like Michael Carter Williams than Tyrese Haliburton... his shot is just so clonky... yeah, Black's performed better in workouts, but like others have said about Lively, I don't trust workouts.

Our situation is much more amenable to a player like Black. Would love to see him fall to us.

If we have to make the pick, he's still my top dog, then Lively or Wallace... and now, I'm putting Coulibaly in that pool as a 4th.

His feel for the game is good so he's more than likely in the tier of Rubio than MCW. That said, Haliburton is a tier ahead of him. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

His feel for the game is good so he's more than likely in the tier of Rubio than MCW. That said, Haliburton is a tier ahead of him. 

I buy that.

Some numbers on Ben Sheppard:

Ben Sheppard During the 2022-23 season:

• 80th Percentile Spot Up Shooting

• 84th Percentile Pick & Roll Ball Handler

• 76th Percentile Transition

• 76th Percentile Off Screens

• 85th Percentile Catch and Shoot

• 92nd Percentile Jump Shots

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, sturt said:

Is rising apparently. Exceptionally quick shot. Not sure he's someone that should be anticipated to make an immediate impact, but he could... it's just that you question that, naturally, from a smaller D1 school like Belmont, so would need to make a hard study of his minutes against name brand schools. Great thing these days is that bigger schools aren't as adverse to playing the Belmonts and Lipscombs as they once were, so... I haven't looked... but there's probably some tape of him against some rosters with higher-touted talent.

There is precedent.  Jalen Williams from Santa Clara didn't start rising till after the draft combine last year.  He went 12th and was one of the better rookies in the leauge this year.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Some numbers on Ben Sheppard:

Ben Sheppard During the 2022-23 season:

• 80th Percentile Spot Up Shooting

• 84th Percentile Pick & Roll Ball Handler

• 76th Percentile Transition

• 76th Percentile Off Screens

• 85th Percentile Catch and Shoot

• 92nd Percentile Jump Shots

To be honest I’m a virgin on who dis is? I honestly don’t even know if it’s a white or black dude not that that matters! The book 📕 would be that since y’all droolin on him then he ______. :sarcastic:

Ok let’s see this kid.