• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

With the #15 pick in the 2023 NBA Draft, the Hawks select.....

JayBirdHawk

Portland, at 23, takes my pick.  Dereck Lively 11, Center, Duke.

If we keep our present 3 centers, then I suppose that's the reason we don't draft him.  Too bad.

😉

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Will Scoot be a better pro? I love Scoot don’t get me wrong, but who the heck knows these days, although sCurry the peach attached himself to Scoot for business reasons so I’m sure he’s gonna fly straight most likely and his skills are nice.

Something about this Miller kid though. I don’t usually throw around Pippen in comparison to anyone… you threw out Pippen to Cam which made some sense at the time in flashes. This kid Miller, under the guidance of a Pop (getting Wemby but IF) would be super special. I’m trying to find another comparison for him, Pippen is a decent one though.

The comp is Paul George, imho.  

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, kg01 said:

Life comes atchu fast in Charlotte.  No way they can take the Miller kid considering all their behavior issues.  But that means they're taking a PG at #2 most likely.

Ball gon' go from all-world(sic) to traded pretty soon? 

Hornets shouldn't quibble - whoever they deem the BPA at two....take them. They aren't in a position to draft for fit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, shakes said:

I have no guy at 15 as of now.   I think there's a noticeable drop off after pick #10.   

Watch Brandin Podziemski. I was in the same boat then I watched him. A lot of Jalen Brunson in his game.

24 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Watch Brandin Podziemski. I was in the same boat then I watched him. A lot of Jalen Brunson in his game.

I can definitely see Quin liking this guy.  

EDIT: Of note, the Hawks scouting staff and front office were in attendance at the Santa Clara/Pepperdine game in February.  They got an early look at both Brandin Podzienski and Maxwell Lewis.  Podzienski had 23 points, 18 rebounds, and 4 assists on 10 of 21 shooting.  Lewis had 14 points, 3 rebounds, and 1 assist on 4 of 12 shooting.  

Edited by KB21
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
35 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

was he on the team last year?

Find it hard to believe a team with two top draft picks couldn't even make the NCAA tourney out of a crap conference.

1 minute ago, shakes said:

was he on the team last year?

Find it hard to believe a team with two top draft picks couldn't even make the NCAA tourney out of a crap conference.

No.  He transferred to Santa Clara this year after spending his freshman season at Illinois.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

You know what, I’m still trying to act like there are grown a$$ men in the league when everyone and their moms went suuuuppperr soft and fragile. I swear sometimes I feel like I’ve been asleep 😴 for years and I just entered this society. :laugh1:

@kg01 compassion.. empathy.. was this around when we grew up? :mellow: Load management and emo 🖤’s.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Dang. His stroke is more fluid than it was in college. I know those were games but the release it quicker. Wow. 

Tyson Chandler and Joakim maybe on D. 

Apparently he shoots well. Wow.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

You know we were talking about Miller, right? 😉

I know, me and squd's dialect befuddles some.

Don’t tell anyone kg but there is someone badmouthing me. :huh: And trying to get others on board. Not naming any names but it’s a thick soup 🥣

IM me for the rest of the details. 😉 

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Portland, at 23, takes my pick.  Dereck Lively 11, Center, Duke.

If we keep our present 3 centers, then I suppose that's the reason we don't draft him.  Too bad.

😉

Did I mention that he can shoot?  Well, he can.  Hawks need good defensive players who can also shoot well..

:smug:

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Did I mention that he can shoot?  Well, he can.  Hawks need good defensive players who can also shoot well..

:smug:

Gramps who you taking if you had your pick of Mark Williams or Lively?

13 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Don’t tell anyone kg but there is someone badmouthing me. :huh: And trying to get others on board. Not naming any names but it’s a thick soup 🥣

IM me for the rest of the details. 😉 

I saw that.  I had a response but didn't wanna get swept up in the soup - is that what the kids call it?

It just seemed like he'd called campst out right before chiding you for your response.  I dunno.  I thought you were just messing with soth and he was in on the joke.  Maybe.  I dunno.  Let's all just be friends.  We'll except me and what's his name. 

• Thanks 1