• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

With the #15 pick in the 2023 NBA Draft, the Hawks select.....

JayBirdHawk

Yeah, just heard a Brandon Miller interview .... I'm out.

His comments about Michael Jordan were pretty dumb.

Basically said he wasn't a guy he grew up watching, never really watched him play, blah, blah, blah, wasn't intimidated having him watch him work out .... Paul George was who he watched growing up...

Like, duh dumbarse, we know when you were born.  

Seriously though, I can see how teams weren't impressed after speaking with him.  And that's before even getting to all the murder stuff. 

Admittedly ignorant to the nuances of basketball and “team fits”, but here are the players I like after brief review:

*Jordan Hawkins: pure shooter and a winner.  Maybe he doesn’t have the ceiling of others or the exceptional raw athletic tools, but he is exceptional at a premium skill.  His active off-ball movement would be such a blessing for our team and CQS would find a way to get him open.  He does remind me of Ray Allen in SOME ways (off-ball movement and shooting mechanics — textbook).  

*Jalen Hood-Schifino: He just seems to make winning plays — versatile game and unselfish.  He would give us another playmaker.

*Kobe Bufkin: A versatile wing that shows ability as a defender and finisher.  He seems to play with a competitive spirit

*I did like some of what I saw of Cason Wallace, too.  He has been covered on here by quite a few of you.  

• Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

Admittedly ignorant to the nuances of basketball and “team fits”, but here are the players I like after brief review:

*Jordan Hawkins: pure shooter and a winner.  Maybe he doesn’t have the ceiling of others or the exceptional raw athletic tools, but he is exceptional at a premium skill.  His active off-ball movement would be such a blessing for our team and CQS would find a way to get him open.  He does remind me of Ray Allen in SOME ways (off-ball movement and shooting mechanics — textbook).  

*Jalen Hood-Schifino: He just seems to make winning plays — versatile game and unselfish.  He would give us another playmaker.

*Kobe Bufkin: A versatile wing that shows ability as a defender and finisher.  He seems to play with a competitive spirit

*I did like some of what I saw of Cason Wallace, too.  He has been covered on here by quite a few of you.  

Things I don't like about Hood-Schifino

• Lacks efficiency as a scorer
  • Does not finish at the rim well
  • Not a particularly great spot up jump shooter

• Premium Member

Cam Whitmore falling?

While Cam Whitmore is projected to go fifth overall in our aggregate mock draft poll, there have been rumblings over the past several days that Whitmore could fall, according to NBA executives who spoke with HoopsHype.

Kobe Bufkin had private workout with Wizards

In addition to landing with Orlando at pick No. 11, Michigan’s Kobe Bufkin is also a potential candidate to be drafted by several teams, including Washington, Utah, Oklahoma City, and Toronto. It’s worth noting Bufkin recently had a private workout with the Wizards, league sources told HoopsHype.

• Premium Member

Sooooo... when is the obligatory presser where we learn "this is the guy we were targeting all along as we tried to get to 7 or 10, and we can't believe he was there for us at #15"... ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member

New catch phrase of the Landry era of the Ressler era...

"Hawks DNA".

I know that Ressler has sunk some money in technology and research... is it just throwaway marketing hype, or have the Hawks, indeed, developed some way of assessing character traits that correlate highly with players who win championships?

I'd like to think B, of course, but can't grant that benefit of a doubt. Leaning strongly toward A.

13 minutes ago, sturt said:

New catch phrase of the Landry era of the Ressler era...

"Hawks DNA".

I know that Ressler has sunk some money in technology and research... is it just throwaway marketing hype, or have the Hawks, indeed, developed some way of assessing character traits that correlate highly with players who win championships?

I'd like to think B, of course, but can't grant that benefit of a doubt. Leaning strongly toward A.

I kinda preferred Schlenk's frank, unpretentious style.