• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

With the #15 pick in the 2023 NBA Draft, the Hawks select.....

JayBirdHawk

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Brandon Pod.. ohhhhkauaayyy

7 minutes ago, warcore said:

I'd love Wallace on this team. We need more dogs. 

This. Dude like a lil pitbull Jae Crawford guard type dog. Ya he’s relentless we need that.

• Like 1

The following are the mocks around the net in the last 24 hours.

SB NATION has us taking Clowney? I don’t know squat about that dude. Anyone? I didn’t get to his film 🎞️ :sarcastic:IMG_8391.thumb.jpeg.1f2d62293dadf7d5c04447780320282b.jpeg

YAHOO got us taking Cason! Legggooo!!! 🥳 

IMG_8392.thumb.jpeg.7330aa1f9ae13484a9b28cee96d5c8c4.jpeg

NBA DRAFT ROOM has us taking my boy Jordan Hawkins!!!! IMG_8393.jpeg.e029d021eb8e08d80790b4dddedfd20f.jpeg

FOX 🦊 SPORTS got us grabbing Juwan’s lil rugrat Jett.

IMG_8395.thumb.jpeg.cb67feb81e6ac09de91f2d87dd8f9449.jpeg

YARDBARKER got us getting Nick Smith Jr.

IMG_8396.thumb.jpeg.81404f04ead8a7124a6b8f97b9a2bf4d.jpeg

Most likely we trade the pick away for a vet. :laugh1:

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member

I never understood why people cancel workouts just cause they got a promise from a team.  Unless it's a team that they absolutely are dying to play for, what is the harm in continuing to work out and potentially having a team want you even more than the team that made a promise?  What if that team decides to trade up ahead of the team that promised you?  Now you are getting drafted in a higher slot and making more money.

Seems like common sense to me.

My "Will they fall to Atlanta at 15" watch list:

1.  Gradey D*ck, SF/SG, Kansas - Orlando at 11 seems the most popular projection right now, but I'm not totally convinced.  It makes sense as they need shooting, but John Hammond has historically drafted long, athletic wings as opposed to catch and shoot guys like Gradey.  Conversely, I see Gradey as the type of shooter Quin Snyder would pound the table for in Atlanta.  He would bring back visions of Kyle Korver in Atlanta.
  2.  Dereck Lively, C, Duke - Lots of smoke that Atlanta wants to move up to get him, and if they want him, they may have to.  Four weeks ago, you could comfortably expect him to be available at 15.  A few staged workouts with him shooting three point shots has seemingly raised his stock some.  I'm not yet convinced though, and I do wonder if a lot of the top 10 projection for him is the fact that guys like Givony and Stein have heard that Atlanta is interested and has discussed a potential move into the top 10.  As of now, I'd still have him on the potential slide to 15 list.  
  3.  Cason Wallace, PG/SG, Kentucky - Cason may make the most sense for Atlanta out of all the potential picks.  He was previously going to work out in Atlanta but cancelled.  Now, he's coming in this morning for a workout.  There was speculation that he got a promise, but I don't believe that.  He wouldn't be going through this workout if he had.  My guess is, Cason is the odds on favorite of these three to actually be available at 15.  If that happens, I think he's the pick.
Edited by KB21
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

My "Will they fall to Atlanta at 15" watch list:

1.  Gradey D*ck, SF/SG, Kansas - Orlando at 11 seems the most popular projection right now, but I'm not totally convinced.  It makes sense as they need shooting, but John Hammond has historically drafted long, athletic wings as opposed to catch and shoot guys like Gradey.  Conversely, I see Gradey as the type of shooter Quin Snyder would pound the table for in Atlanta.  He would bring back visions of Kyle Korver in Atlanta.
  2.  Dereck Lively, C, Duke - Lots of smoke that Atlanta wants to move up to get him, and if they want him, they may have to.  Four weeks ago, you could comfortably expect him to be available at 15.  A few staged workouts with him shooting three point shots has seemingly raised his stock some.  I'm not yet convinced though, and I do wonder if a lot of the top 10 projection for him is the fact that guys like Givony and Stein have heard that Atlanta is interested and has discussed a potential move into the top 10.  As of now, I'd still have him on the potential slide to 15 list.  
  3.  Cason Wallace, PG/SG, Kentucky - Cason may make the most sense for Atlanta out of all the potential picks.  He was previously going to work out in Atlanta but cancelled.  Now, he's coming in this morning for a workout.  There was speculation that he got a promise, but I don't believe that.  He wouldn't be going through this workout if he had.  My guess is, Cason is the odds on favorite of these three to actually be available at 15.  If that happens, I think he's the pick.

One or 2 almost have to fall, unless a bigger name falls. There are 19 or 20 big names to fit 14 slots.

Just now, Spud2nique said:

One or 2 almost have to fall, unless a bigger name falls. There are 19 or 20 big names to fit 14 slots.

Kobe Bufkin and Bilal Coulibaly are two guys that I feel will bump someone down.  

26 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Kobe Bufkin and Bilal Coulibaly are two guys that I feel will bump someone down.  

As long as they are the 2 we don’t choose from im fine. Not high on either there so good, hope somebody takes them early.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

As long as they are the 2 we don’t choose from im fine. Not high on either there so good, hope somebody takes them early.

I'm hearing that Landry Fields is really focusing on defense with this pick, which would put Dereck Lively and Cason Wallace front and center.  Other options are likely Kris Murray, Leonard Miller, and Rayan Rupert.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, shakes said:

I never understood why people cancel workouts just cause they got a promise from a team.  Unless it's a team that they absolutely are dying to play for, what is the harm in continuing to work out and potentially having a team want you even more than the team that made a promise?  What if that team decides to trade up ahead of the team that promised you?  Now you are getting drafted in a higher slot and making more money.

Seems like common sense to me.

I guess there's always the potential of getting hurt in one of those workouts and risking your draft stock plummeting, but I agree with you.  I wonder if that's why Cason decided to come work out for the Hawks after all... because there are rumblings that we might trade up.

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I'm hearing that Landry Fields is really focusing on defense with this pick, which would put Dereck Lively and Cason Wallace front and center.  Other options are likely Kris Murray, Leonard Miller, and Rayan Rupert.

Still big preference still for using the pick to upgrade a slot rotation piece... but... 

Have been on the Lively, Coulibaly, Cason train for some time now. Black, too, but whereas I thought he could end up falling because of his funky shot, that doesn't seem likely.

36 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I’m good with all but last 2, I don’t know much about them though just a few highlights.

• Premium Member
55 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Lively at 10 in a Capela trade to the Mavs. 
Wallace at 15. 

Might be the year to finally fly to Vegas for some Summer League. 

what is the Capela trade you speak of?  It can't be Capela straight up for #10, Dallas won't go for that.