• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

With the #15 pick in the 2023 NBA Draft, the Hawks select.....

JayBirdHawk

6 hours ago, h4wkfan said:

I caution buying his shooting in an open gym when we’ve seen nothing close to shooting/high level touch in live game reps. Too many examples of it not translating. 

Yup and I can’t disagree. 

• Premium Member

Am I the only one who sees Lively as a walking bust?

Feels like a WCS player type type of situation where he's not as good on defense as we hope, and his offense never gets any better and then the dude is out of the league after his second cheap contract.

If it's between Lively and trading the pick, I vote trade that bench -

I've heard Carson Wallace may be dropping out of the lottery potentially, so maybe we can do the traditional Hawks thing of just drafting the best player who wasn't picked top X like projected and not have to think about it too hard.

Though, it would be nice if the FO thought about it really hard and made the best decision they could with the information they have and it actually works out for us🤞🏽

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 5/29/2023 at 5:29 PM, KB21 said:

Man!   Jarace Walker has some Paul Millsap in his game.  Love the defensive versatility and his court vision on offense.  

No chance he’s around at 15.

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

They threw out Giannis name in comparing Bilal Cou, that’s nuts.

I would say it's not an insane comp. He's literally #4 on my new BB. His comp is Scottie Pippen which was also Giannis comp. That said, Giannis wasn't 6'11 when he was in the draft. He just kept growing.

I think Bilal is special. Ain't to many guys in this class I think is special long term wise. 

10 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I would say it's not an insane comp. He's literally #4 on my new BB. His comp is Scottie Pippen which was also Giannis comp. That said, Giannis wasn't 6'11 when he was in the draft. He just kept growing.

I think Bilal is special. Ain't to many guys in this class I think is special long term wise. 

I think you might have a type when it comes to draft prospects you love lol (we all do). Bilal is good and an interesting prospect that would fit nicely with this team. Wont matter tho hes gonna go before our pick and a lot of draft guys say we are looking at wings/shooters (probably like gradey)

13 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I think you might have a type when it comes to draft prospects you love lol (we all do). Bilal is good and an interesting prospect that would fit nicely with this team. Wont matter tho hes gonna go before our pick and a lot of draft guys say we are looking at wings/shooters (probably like gradey)

I haven’t heard wings/shooters specifically, but I’ve read comments from Landry mentioning needing defenders and versatility. 

But yeah, wing would be good IMO. 

Bilal looks interesting. His scouting report sounds and measurables sound pretty similar to Rayan Rupert who I’ve been interested in. If one’s gone, the other will surely be available. 

Honestly, there seems like a number of players who will be available at 15 that seem like they’d be good picks. More than usual it seems. Most, though, will be a year or two away from any meaningful contribution. 

27 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

I haven’t heard wings/shooters specifically, but I’ve read comments from Landry mentioning needing defenders and versatility. 

But yeah, wing would be good IMO. 

Bilal looks interesting. His scouting report sounds and measurables sound pretty similar to Rayan Rupert who I’ve been interested in. If one’s gone, the other will surely be available. 

Honestly, there seems like a number of players who will be available at 15 that seem like they’d be good picks. More than usual it seems. Most, though, will be a year or two away from any meaningful contribution. 

Joanthan Wasserman who has covered the draft for a good bit now said we were targeting wings/shooters. That report was then later confirmed this weekend by another draft guy on twitter (global scouting guy).

Id be surprised if they picked at 15. Probably trade back if I had to guess with brooklyn or indiana in a JC trade and make a pick there. Also heard hawks promised someone already and he is no where near in the 15 range so...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Joanthan Wasserman

IIRC, Givony has had the best success over the years, but Wasserman's been near the top of the mock draft field.

Has us taking Cason Wallace in his newest mock. I don't know how much he actually knows about the Hawks, but that aligns well with those who believe perimeter defense is the leading priority of the off-season.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
44 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

Most, though, will be a year or two away from any meaningful contribution. 

Future is now. We made that decision when we made the DJM trade. If we toss that aside, we're just acquiescing to a new hamster wheel. I think , based on camp's recent posts, the front office gets that, which is why they'd be seeking the best offer for #15 plus someone in our current rotation, in the pursuit of an upgrade.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, NBASupes said:

That's not good just like Jalen Williams getting picked before our pick wasn't good.

You're entitled to your opinion. 

I was high on Giannis when he was coming out based on the poor quality scouting tape that was available. I don't see that with this kid. I think people are riding the hype that he could become Giannis and I'm fine with others slipping because of it.