With the #15 pick in the 2023 NBA Draft, the Hawks select.....

JayBirdHawk

26 minutes ago, warcore said:

You're entitled to your opinion. 

I was high on Giannis when he was coming out based on the poor quality scouting tape that was available. I don't see that with this kid. I think people are riding the hype that he could become Giannis and I'm fine with others slipping because of it.

I was high on Giannis too. Still pissed he went before our pick but a lot more pissed in hindsight. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, sturt said:

Future is now. We made that decision when we made the DJM trade. If we toss that aside, we're just acquiescing to a new hamster wheel. I think , based on camp's recent posts, the front office gets that, which is why they'd be seeking the best offer for #15 plus someone in our current rotation, in the pursuit of an upgrade.

This is what I would do. I just see the looming hamster wheel getting closer if we don't make a move like that. With DJM in a contract season, it's win now or we may have spent those three FRP for nothing. 

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, BangHolman said:

With DJM in a contract season, it's win now or we may have spent those three FRP for nothing. 

I will grant this much, tho. There is at least one team, CHI, whose PG situation might drive them to pay a premium price for DJM... like this guy envisions...

https://nbaanalysis.net/2023/06/01/nba-trade-rumors-chicago-bulls-atlanta-hawks-dejounte-murray-demar-derozan-zach-lavine-nikola-vucevic-trae-young-bold-scenario/2/

I'd have to think real hard about that one.

Still, might be able to flip #15 plus a vet for yet another upgrade somewhere.

• Like 1

@marco102 I got 2 legit ones as of RIGHT THIS SECOND.

1. Jordan Hawkins

2. Cason Wallace

Both guards, both look like they could serve a real need in one way or another immediately whether through skill, sheer hustle and dog, endurance or will..

It’s super condensed I know but I won’t expand it until I’m 💯 sold. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I would say it's not an insane comp. He's literally #4 on my new BB. His comp is Scottie Pippen which was also Giannis comp. That said, Giannis wasn't 6'11 when he was in the draft. He just kept growing.

I think Bilal is special. Ain't to many guys in this class I think is special long term wise. 

I haven't seen him at all.  Can he shoot?  Same question I askeda bout Rayan Rupert.  

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

Joanthan Wasserman who has covered the draft for a good bit now said we were targeting wings/shooters. That report was then later confirmed this weekend by another draft guy on twitter (global scouting guy).

Id be surprised if they picked at 15. Probably trade back if I had to guess with brooklyn or indiana in a JC trade and make a pick there. Also heard hawks promised someone already and he is no where near in the 15 range so...

Where did you hear that the Hawks have promised someone?  I'm seeing some stuff saying Bobi Klintman has a promise, so that gets me thinking.  

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

Where did you hear that the Hawks have promised someone?  I'm seeing some stuff saying Bobi Klintman has a promise, so that gets me thinking.  

The Klintman thing is supposedly the pacers. At least that is what a report I saw said

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

I haven't seen him at all.  Can he shoot?  Same question I askeda bout Rayan Rupert.  

It's not broke if that's what you want to know. The gap between him and Rupert is massive. You are talking about a legit All-NBA level athlete to a typical decent NBA athlete. Look at Bilal hands. Look at his open court speed with the ball and athleticism. He's special 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

It's not broke if that's what you want to know. The gap between him and Rupert is massive. You are talking about a legit All-NBA level athlete to a typical decent NBA athlete. Look at Bilal hands. Look at his open court speed with the ball and athleticism. He's special 

After review, I'm enthusiastic. (Though, I stop pretty far short of Supes' assessment.)

I do think Bilal's the one wing who you could get at #15 who potentially could deserve minutes at some point in his rookie year. But it wouldn't be for his offense. It would be that he's such a remarkable defensive asset.

If you liked Tori Eason's defense going into last year's draft (and I did), this kid seems to be a whole tier above him... and yeah, that's saying something.

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

The gap is not massive, and either one could break out or bust.

Neither are day one ready. 
Bilal is projected higher in drafts, typically late lotto to 20s, while Rupert is regularly in the 20s. Either guy would be good prospects with youth, size, defensive prowess, with shooting potential on their side. 

https://www.nbadraft.net/forums/topic/rayan-rupert-vs-bilal-coulibaly/

one mock actually had the nets selecting them back to back  

11E39896-D5EB-4B33-A789-E7BB87A8BE98.thumb.jpeg.f998939a03e4609edf6c52766d93a05d.jpeg

13 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

The gap is not massive, and either one could break out or bust.

Neither are day one ready. 
Bilal is projected higher in drafts, typically late lotto to 20s, while Rupert is regularly in the 20s. Either guy would be good prospects with youth, size, defensive prowess, with shooting potential on their side. 

https://www.nbadraft.net/forums/topic/rayan-rupert-vs-bilal-coulibaly/

one mock actually had the nets selecting them back to back  

11E39896-D5EB-4B33-A789-E7BB87A8BE98.thumb.jpeg.f998939a03e4609edf6c52766d93a05d.jpeg

f*** those charts. The NBA teams are high on him like they were high on Jalen Williams. The media is always behind 

5 hours ago, h4wkfan said:

1) Cason Wallace

4 hours ago, KB21 said:

Cason Wallace/

6 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

2. Cason Wallace

Ok. So he’s on 3 people list here alone. Clearly there is something.