• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

With the #15 pick in the 2023 NBA Draft, the Hawks select.....

JayBirdHawk

Latest mock got us taking one of my guys GG jax but over Jordan Hawkins at 17. GG was listed as J Smoove type comparison, watching film 🎞️ it’s a lazy comparison because both athletic but I like him a bunch. Youngest dude isn’t he draft I think if I’m not mistaken.

Sensabaugh.. Schifino.. Murray.. Whitehead.. and Lively.. 15-25 should be fun. Lotta good solid dudes there. 
IMG_7802.jpeg

IMG_7803.jpeg

IMG_7804.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Some prospects that might be there when we pick:

Brandin Podziemski - - G  and Jalen Williams - - Wing   Santa Clara

Kobe Bufkin - - G  Michigan.

:smug:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Some prospects that might be there when we pick:

Brandin Podziemski - - G  and Jalen Williams - - Wing   Santa Clara

Kobe Bufkin - - G  Michigan.

:smug:

Gramps, you fall asleep before the central time zone games start?  Got some bad news for you about our ability to draft Jalen Williams from Santa Clara....

12 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Just saw the names and the rumors.  My mistake, I didn't check all the dates.

Ah, well.  Live and learn.  Die and forget it all.

:bb:

It’s ok gramps it happens main thing is you recognized that Jalen Williams is a baller as well. You got that eye 👁️ for talent.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

@Spud2nique, let's compromise.  We pick the Hawkins kid .... because we're trading AJ.... 😲

I wanna load up on shooting guards, it’s the era for it.

-Spuddie Knight

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

Taylor Hendricks

Gone by 12, GG way too young for our roster 18.5 years old. Like his game IF it develops.

• Haha 1

I haven’t done a deep dive on anyone, but I this is who I like after a cursory look at the prospects:

Taylor Hendricks, PF, Central Florida

Anthony Black, G/F, Arkansas

Kobe Bufkin, F, Michigan

Cason Wallace, G, Kentucky

Still not sure what to think of:

Derek Lively, C, Duke

Dariq Whitehead, F, Duke

Bobi Klintman, F/C, Wake Forest 

• Like 1

Life comes atchu fast in Charlotte.  No way they can take the Miller kid considering all their behavior issues.  But that means they're taking a PG at #2 most likely.

Ball gon' go from all-world(sic) to traded pretty soon? 

4 hours ago, kg01 said:

Miller kid

Kid got Pippen type game. I have a feeling in this particular case, we will never hear another off court issue from him again, like ever. 

If I’m the Hornets 🐝 I stick with Ball and draft Miller but try to try to #3 and take him there, swap with the Blazers.

Wouldn’t be completely surprised to see him have a better pro career than Scoot. We shall see.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Kid got Pippen type game. I have a feeling in this particular case, we will never hear another off court issue from him again, like ever

If I’m the Hornets 🐝 I stick with Ball and draft Miller but try to try to #3 and take him there, swap with the Blazers.

Wouldn’t be completely surprised to see him have a better pro career than Scoot. We shall see.

I'm the opposite, especially if he lands in that cesspool of a lockerroom.  Kid seems to lack awareness. 

12 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I'm the opposite, especially if he lands in that cesspool of a lockerroom.  Kid seems to lack awareness. 

Oh boy, I hope this isn’t where we disagreed with Zion a few years back, cuz I was wrong then and I’m never wrong twice in a row.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Oh boy, I hope this isn’t where we disagreed with Zion a few years back, cuz I was wrong then and I’m never wrong twice in a row.

Eh, maybe that means I'm wrong this time.  Maybe it's just media being media and burying the kid with negative stories, but I haven't really read anything good on him all season and year.  We'll see.  On paper, he's the best fit for them.  But they're not in position to pass on BPA, imho. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

You know what, I’m still trying to act like there are grown a$$ men in the league when everyone and their moms went suuuuppperr soft and fragile. I swear sometimes I feel like I’ve been asleep 😴 for years and I just entered this society. :laugh1:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

But they're not in position to pass on BPA, imho. 

Will Scoot be a better pro? I love Scoot don’t get me wrong, but who the heck knows these days, although sCurry the peach attached himself to Scoot for business reasons so I’m sure he’s gonna fly straight most likely and his skills are nice.

Something about this Miller kid though. I don’t usually throw around Pippen in comparison to anyone… you threw out Pippen to Cam which made some sense at the time in flashes. This kid Miller, under the guidance of a Pop (getting Wemby but IF) would be super special. I’m trying to find another comparison for him, Pippen is a decent one though.