Jump to content

With the #15 pick in the 2023 NBA Draft, the Hawks select.....


JayBirdHawk

Recommended Posts

  • Premium Member

Please draft a big man for a change....We have 4 off guards and 2 functional SF already while we have no true 2 way or elite 1 way centers...Why do we continuously double and triple down on those 2 positions?

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/1/2023 at 1:45 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Who do we take and what position?

Did this a while back I thought it was on this thread but on another so I wanted to transfer it here in case we need it later for receipts 🧾 :sarcastic:

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't really love anyone in this range this year. I hope someone I like slides to 15 last year but no really injury issues in this class. I like what's at 46 more than 15. 

Edited by NBASupes
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@warcore @marco102 @Gray Mule @bird_dirt  @JayBirdHawk @kg01

If we looking at Cason Wallace who is projected to go between 9-13, might as well look at Cam Whitmore, @warcore I saw you mentioned him earlier too, he’s like a Jae Crowder.

I like Nova kids, him and Saddiq toughen us up as the Nova bros! 

 

 

ps He’s got a pro’s body already love that bod :huh: he can bang :mellow: 🏃‍♀️ 

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

@AHF is this kid good? You’re the KFC guy. @JayBirdHawk mocks I’ve seen have him in slots 9-13 no higher or lower that I’ve seen again. We would need to slightly trade up.

@AHF so is he good or not? Oh wait, ya give you a sec.

Cason is a good player. Good all around player. Gets buckets, makes stops. I didn’t get the feeling he was ever a majorly dominant player on a consistent basis, but he’s good. More floor raising than ceiling raising IMO. Helps your team, won’t hurt it. Has potential to grow into a future All Star level player for sure, but IDK if that’s something you want to bank on happening. 
I didn’t watch every UK game, but I really enjoyed watching him play. My favorite player this past year on that squad. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

@warcore @marco102 @Gray Mule @bird_dirt  @JayBirdHawk @kg01

If we looking at Cason Wallace who is projected to go between 9-13, might as well look at Cam Whitmore, @warcore I saw you mentioned him earlier too, he’s like a Jae Crowder.

I like Nova kids, him and Saddiq toughen us up as the Nova bros! 

 

 

ps He’s got a pro’s body already love that bod :huh: he can bang :mellow: 🏃‍♀️ 

Oh this dude is legit. There's just no way in hell he's there at 15. We'd have to trade for #7 from Indy to have a chance. And even then, he could be gone. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
On 5/20/2023 at 11:58 PM, sturt said:

He is. And/but, just for the record, he's not the only UK grad around here. 😉

 

And I can't even claim to be a UK grad.  Just someone who grew up for a time in Lexington and became a big fan of the basketball team that stayed with me for life.  

 

On 5/20/2023 at 7:13 PM, bird_dirt said:

Cason is a good player. Good all around player. Gets buckets, makes stops. I didn’t get the feeling he was ever a majorly dominant player on a consistent basis, but he’s good. More floor raising than ceiling raising IMO. Helps your team, won’t hurt it. Has potential to grow into a future All Star level player for sure, but IDK if that’s something you want to bank on happening. 
I didn’t watch every UK game, but I really enjoyed watching him play. My favorite player this past year on that squad. 

Thanks, @bird_dirt.  This is a good take on Cason (and agree I'm definitely not betting on him being a future All-Star even if he has the tools and theoretical upside).

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, AHF said:

And I can't even claim to be a UK grad.  Just someone who grew up for a time in Lexington and became a big fan of the basketball team that stayed with me for life.  

 

Thanks, @bird_dirt.  This is a good take on Cason (and agree I'm definitely not betting on him being a future All-Star even if he has the tools and theoretical upside).

@AHF I’m played a sim 2K game right now with the 2014 spurs and you remind me of a Tony Parker that would’ve gone to UK!  (Not England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 rather Kentucky) 

ps 26 points with Parker in the 1st half and beating the 2013 Grizz like a drum!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Premium Member
27 minutes ago, AHF said:

And I can't even claim to be a UK grad.

That's great, because something happened after Kyle Macy... dunno what it was... and I can't even claim to be a UK fan 😄 , basketball or otherwise.

(Please, don't share with anyone, or they might send agents to retrieve this thing hanging on my wall.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...