• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

With the #15 pick in the 2023 NBA Draft, the Hawks select.....

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

Please draft a big man for a change....We have 4 off guards and 2 functional SF already while we have no true 2 way or elite 1 way centers...Why do we continuously double and triple down on those 2 positions?

• Thanks 1

On 5/1/2023 at 1:45 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Who do we take and what position?

Did this a while back I thought it was on this thread but on another so I wanted to transfer it here in case we need it later for receipts 🧾 :sarcastic:

• Thanks 1

I don't really love anyone in this range this year. I hope someone I like slides to 15 last year but no really injury issues in this class. I like what's at 46 more than 15. 

Edited by NBASupes

@warcore @marco102 @Gray Mule @bird_dirt  @JayBirdHawk @kg01

If we looking at Cason Wallace who is projected to go between 9-13, might as well look at Cam Whitmore, @warcore I saw you mentioned him earlier too, he’s like a Jae Crowder.

I like Nova kids, him and Saddiq toughen us up as the Nova bros! 

ps He’s got a pro’s body already love that bod :huh: he can bang :mellow: 🏃‍♀️ 

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

@AHF is this kid good? You’re the KFC guy. @JayBirdHawk mocks I’ve seen have him in slots 9-13 no higher or lower that I’ve seen again. We would need to slightly trade up.

@AHF so is he good or not? Oh wait, ya give you a sec.

Cason is a good player. Good all around player. Gets buckets, makes stops. I didn’t get the feeling he was ever a majorly dominant player on a consistent basis, but he’s good. More floor raising than ceiling raising IMO. Helps your team, won’t hurt it. Has potential to grow into a future All Star level player for sure, but IDK if that’s something you want to bank on happening. 
I didn’t watch every UK game, but I really enjoyed watching him play. My favorite player this past year on that squad. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

21 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

@warcore @marco102 @Gray Mule @bird_dirt  @JayBirdHawk @kg01

If we looking at Cason Wallace who is projected to go between 9-13, might as well look at Cam Whitmore, @warcore I saw you mentioned him earlier too, he’s like a Jae Crowder.

I like Nova kids, him and Saddiq toughen us up as the Nova bros! 

ps He’s got a pro’s body already love that bod :huh: he can bang :mellow: 🏃‍♀️ 

Oh this dude is legit. There's just no way in hell he's there at 15. We'd have to trade for #7 from Indy to have a chance. And even then, he could be gone. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 5/20/2023 at 11:58 PM, sturt said:

He is. And/but, just for the record, he's not the only UK grad around here. 😉

And I can't even claim to be a UK grad.  Just someone who grew up for a time in Lexington and became a big fan of the basketball team that stayed with me for life.  

On 5/20/2023 at 7:13 PM, bird_dirt said:

Cason is a good player. Good all around player. Gets buckets, makes stops. I didn’t get the feeling he was ever a majorly dominant player on a consistent basis, but he’s good. More floor raising than ceiling raising IMO. Helps your team, won’t hurt it. Has potential to grow into a future All Star level player for sure, but IDK if that’s something you want to bank on happening. 
I didn’t watch every UK game, but I really enjoyed watching him play. My favorite player this past year on that squad. 

Thanks, @bird_dirt.  This is a good take on Cason (and agree I'm definitely not betting on him being a future All-Star even if he has the tools and theoretical upside).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, AHF said:

And I can't even claim to be a UK grad.  Just someone who grew up for a time in Lexington and became a big fan of the basketball team that stayed with me for life.  

Thanks, @bird_dirt.  This is a good take on Cason (and agree I'm definitely not betting on him being a future All-Star even if he has the tools and theoretical upside).

@AHF I’m played a sim 2K game right now with the 2014 spurs and you remind me of a Tony Parker that would’ve gone to UK!  (Not England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 rather Kentucky) 

ps 26 points with Parker in the 1st half and beating the 2013 Grizz like a drum!

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, AHF said:

And I can't even claim to be a UK grad.

That's great, because something happened after Kyle Macy... dunno what it was... and I can't even claim to be a UK fan 😄 , basketball or otherwise.

(Please, don't share with anyone, or they might send agents to retrieve this thing hanging on my wall.)