• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

With the #15 pick in the 2023 NBA Draft, the Hawks select.....

JayBirdHawk

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Gramps who you taking if you had your pick of Mark Williams or Lively?

Lively is still available if he's still there at 15 and Williams is already gone.  Either one fits what I want.  A big center who can compete with other big centers on the NBA.  This is what we do not have right now.

:smug:

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

the soup

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Let's all just be friends.  We'll except me and what's his name. 

image.gif.5e8a03a36d6128e9e18aead6cc5c1c6a.gif

faquem all watchem all screamin, automatic gunfire -Ja “inner pac” :vinsent::trinity::hunter:

I bring all my guns to work…

GILBOUGHT ARENASSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

IMG_7980.jpeg

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
On 5/26/2023 at 9:28 AM, kg01 said:

Eh, maybe that means I'm wrong this time.  Maybe it's just media being media and burying the kid with negative stories, but I haven't really read anything good on him all season and year.  We'll see.  On paper, he's the best fit for them.  But they're not in position to pass on BPA, imho. 

More:

Brandon Miller met with several teams to do interviews ahead of the 2023 NBA Draft. During those interviews, Miller was unwilling to answer questions about his pending legal situation.

Miller provided the teams he met with a document from his lawyers. He stated that document explains everything those teams need to know, and that he wouldn't be talking about it further. That approach has left teams frustrated. ESPN's Jonathan Givony said that the Charlotte Hornets and Portland Trail Blazers, holders of the second and third picks in the draft, still have questions that need to be answered.

Mmmmm.....I get why his lawyers don't want him talking about it though. He articulates something the wrong way and it could be disastrous from a legal perspective. And you know these GMs have big mouths and won't keep info confidential.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

More:

Brandon Miller met with several teams to do interviews ahead of the 2023 NBA Draft. During those interviews, Miller was unwilling to answer questions about his pending legal situation.

Miller provided the teams he met with a document from his lawyers. He stated that document explains everything those teams need to know, and that he wouldn't be talking about it further. That approach has left teams frustrated. ESPN's Jonathan Givony said that the Charlotte Hornets and Portland Trail Blazers, holders of the second and third picks in the draft, still have questions that need to be answered.

Mmmmm.....I get why his lawyers don't want him talking about it though. He articulates something the wrong way and it could be disastrous from a legal perspective. And you know these GMs have big mouths and won't keep info confidential.

I get why he can't speak much on it but he also needs to be able to navigate it without giving a sheet of paper then refusing to talk.  It's an ongoing situation and I truly believe, at the very least, he'll be roped into a wrongful death suit.  So, again, I get why he can't speak freely on it.  He's just not helping himself.  Certainly not as much as he helped the murderers......

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I get why he can't speak much on it but he also needs to be able to navigate it without giving a sheet of paper then refusing to talk.  It's an ongoing situation and I truly believe, at the very least, he'll be roped into a wrongful death suit.  So, again, I get why he can't speak freely on it.  He's just not helping himself.  Certainly not as much as he helped the murderers......

I would assume his lawyers aren't comfortable with him speaking. This isn't petty theft or a DUI (yes it's bad too) it's straight up murder. It looms large. He has to walk a tight rope weighing draft position vs what can happen if he says the wrong thing.

• Like 2

So, this will be the third year in a row where Atlanta takes a Duke player coming off an injury/disappointing freshman season and the 4th Duke guy in the past 5 drafts.  

Hawks will take either Lively or Whitehead with this pick. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I would assume his lawyers aren't comfortable with him speaking. This isn't petty theft or a DUI (yes it's bad too) it's straight up murder. It looms large. He has to walk a tight rope weighing draft position vs what can happen if he says the wrong thing.

Yea, some things are more important than making sure you don’t drop to 5th in the draft.  Like staying out of jail.

that said, there’s also a chance that his camp is using the legal proceedings as an excuse to not have to talk about the situation.

• Premium Member
On 5/26/2023 at 9:33 AM, Spud2nique said:

Something about this Miller kid though. I don’t usually throw around Pippen in comparison to anyone… you threw out Pippen to Cam which made some sense at the time in flashes. This kid Miller, under the guidance of a Pop (getting Wemby but IF) would be super special. I’m trying to find another comparison for him, Pippen is a decent one though.

On 5/26/2023 at 10:11 AM, kg01 said:

The comp is Paul George, imho.  

Brandon Miller compares himself to Paul George

• Thanks 1

On 5/26/2023 at 9:46 AM, NBASupes said:

Brandon Podziemski is my top guy at 15

I bet he’s going to make a lot of friends in the locker room. 
https://hoopshype.com/lists/2023-aggregate-nba-mock-draft-brandon-miller-taylor-hendricks-rising/

Podziemski is also coming into the NBA with a chip on his shoulder, as he explained to HoopsHype.

“Being a white guy in the NBA, there’s no secret that you’re a minority,” Podziemski told HoopsHype. “It’s harder for you because teams target you on defense, especially, and you’ve got to have that confidence, swagger, and toughness about you to be successful and be in the league a long time.”

• Like 1

On 5/27/2023 at 12:07 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

He's not going to face criminal charges, but there's no question he will be entangled in a civil suit, and saying the wrong thing could cost him millions. 

• Thanks 2

On 5/28/2023 at 1:40 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

That’s because he’s too young to know who the f--- Pippen was.

• Haha 2

No chance to be there:

Victor Wembanyama

Scoot Henderson 

Brandon Miller

Thompson Twins

Cam Whittemore

Unlikely to be there but could be:

Tyler Hendricks

Jarace Walker

Grady d*ck

Cason Wallace

Anthony Black

Likely pool for pick:

Keyonta George

Nick Smith

Brice Sensabaugh

Kobe Bufkin

Jordan Hawkins

Jalen Hood Schifino

Jett Howard

Dariq Whitehead

Dereck Lively 

Leonard Miller

Maxwell Lewis

• Premium Member

Atlanta's Biggest Need In the 2023 NBA Draft

Three-and-D Wings

As long as the Hawks remain committed to Trae Young, they need to tailor their roster in a way that emphasizes his strengths and masks his weaknesses. More specifically, they need wing shooters who can hold the defense's attention when Young operates pick-and-rolls and perimeter stoppers who can cover up his limitations at that end.

Adding AJ Griffin at last year's draft was a start, but the Hawks need to keep pushing. Their forward rotation feels like it's forever in flux given John Collins' permanent residency on the trade rumor mill and Bogdan Bogdanović's struggles staying healthy (less than 70 games played each season since 2018-19).

True or False

• Premium Member

Trade Packages to Jump 5 Teams into the 2023 NBA Draft Lottery

Atlanta Hawks Receive: Lindy Waters III, No. 12 pick in 2023 draft , 2024 conditional first-round pick

Oklahoma City Thunder Receive: Clint Capela, No. 15 pick

Team governor Tony Ressler has yet to pay the tax since taking control of the Hawks. On a somewhat related note: Atlanta is scheduled to be more than $10 million into the tax next season.

That won't hold. Ressler has only ever given lukewarm indications he'd cannonball into the tax. And the caveat is always the same: The Hawks must be good enough.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10077300-trade-packages-to-jump-5-teams-into-the-2023-nba-draft-lottery