• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Will Trae finally adjust his game this upcoming season

NBASupes

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, sturt said:

While the highlighted takeaway is deserving, nonetheless, the point remains there is one player at the farthest top right. Glad he's on my team, not others.

The other point that will go unmentioned is that Trae produced more points than Doncic with less time of possession. 99.9% they are mentioned in the same sentence it is to make a comparison where Doncic fares better.

1 hour ago, sturt said:

While the highlighted takeaway is deserving, nonetheless, the point remains there is one player at the farthest top right. Glad he's on my team, not others.

Hopefully Coach Q can bring that time of possession number down for Trae. Id like to see the ball move a bit more. But Jokic really is special though. Once in a generation talent. 

Edited by bleachkit
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, thecampster said:

I'd like that chart better if the X axis was touches, not time of ball possession.

No idea how to get the labels turned on to show who is who, so I realize that this may not be ultra instructive, but here is touches vs points generated. 

image.png.c7e477efb5be6080909c4624ebabc8ce.png

Of note:

• Trae is most points generated / 4th most touches / 2nd in terms of pts/touch
  • Top 10 in Pts (Top dots down):  Trae, Luka, Jokic, Tatum, SGA, Sabonis, Fox, Dame, Giannis, Embiid
  • Top 10 in Touches (R-L dots):  Jokic, Sabonis, Luka, Trae, FVV, Giddey, Brunson, Siakam, Fox, CJ Mc
  • Top 10 in Pts/T (min 3K Touches):  Booker, Trae, DeRozan, SGA, KD, Embiid, Ja, Luka, Giannis, LBJ

I know Trae is high volume and he didn't shoot it well this year, but he's damn ELITE when it comes to generating points from his touches.  Only Booker was better this year and the company he's keeping are nearly all legit MVP dudes.  

Edited by REHawksFan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

No idea how to get the labels turned on to show who is who, so I realize that this may not be ultra instructive, here is touches vs points generated. 

image.png.c7e477efb5be6080909c4624ebabc8ce.png

Of note:

• Trae is most points generated / 4th most touches / 2nd in terms of pts/touch
  • Top 10 in Pts:  Trae, Luka, Jokic, Tatum, SGA, Sabonis, Fox, Dame, Giannis, Embiid
  • Top 10 in Touches:  Jokic, Sabonis, Luka, Trae, FVV, Giddey, Brunson, Siakam, Fox, CJ Mc
  • Top 10 in Pts/T (min 3K Touches):  Booker, Trae, DeRozan, SGA, KD, Embiid, Ja, Luka, Giannis, LBJ

I know Trae is high volume and he didn't shoot it well this year, but he's damn ELITE when it comes to generating points from his touches.  Only Booker was better this year and the company he's keeping are nearly all legit MVP dudes.  

So simplifying:

Trae = 1 pts, 4 touches.

Luka = 2 pts, 3 touches

Jokic = 3 pts, 1 touches.

IE: the original chart/post was misleading.  Only caveat is I believe all of Jokic's rebounds count as touches.