• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Will Trae finally adjust his game this upcoming season

NBASupes

Into a more team friendly player. Playing team ball, not so many isolation. Learning from Jokic. Playing much better defense even if he's limited. He's getting knocked from a lot of NBA coaches who don't see it with him. I been saying, I think he's massively overpaid. There has to be a higher floor game he needs to achieve to me. I understand this site isn't the most realistic with Trae. At all.

You can't keep seeing coaches and his peers roll their eyes at him and think Trae isn't a part of the issue. I doubt any GM in this league would trade Mikal Bridges for Trae outside of ours who have Trae and value him more because of what he means to us and our ticket sales. 

His floor is still insanely low and that's a problem to me. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

Seems like a terribly biased presentation here. You can't ignore the stats...  You want to... you want others to.. but you just can't ignore the stats.  27/10..  Only a few players in the History of this game has been able to do that.  Name your favorite PG and he hasn't done that.   Like I said, that can't be ignored.

Then on top of that.. when you say his style of play can't win... you have to look back at 2021 Playoffs.   Had Trae not been injured, there is a fairly good chance that we go to the chip and win it.  You want to ignore that.  You want to call it a fluke.  You want to say that everybody was having an off game... No.. it was Trae Young. 

I believe that with this coach, his game will mature.  Not to say that his game is all bad (like you're suggesting) but to say that he raises it. 

Now... we have to get into the other bit of truth...  Until this year, Trae really didn't have a strong supporting cast.  There's a serious flaw between CC and JC.   Until we got DM, there was not another player capable of averaging 20 ppg. We had great shooters, but we lost 4 great shooter at once and JC's shooting went to trash with his injury. 

We have pinned all of our hope on good draft picks but guys who are still a far way off. 

So bottom line, when you want to know why we're not succeeding, it's not because of Trae. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

From the jump, Trae was special and will always be a superstar. 

Team friendly player? I dunno dude always looks to dime,

Only thing he needs to do is work on nailing those threes at a higher rate and tighten up that efficiency, otherwise, it’s just a matter of experience and time at it.

I think he could be special and is special at times. 

I would love for him to take more of a feel for the game approach as Jokic does. 

All of those things will improve if he does what's best for the team. 

• Like 1

Trae is 24, will be 25 next season., meaning he is just now entering his prime.

There is so much room for growth and you see the light bulb going off.

Trae is due for another great season (seems he only gets his respect every other year)

Quinn has his hands on him. You saw him raise his game in the playoffs and make winning defensive plays.

Its about effort and focus right now. Leave the refs and hecklers alone, play your game, build up and sacrifice for your teammates.

Trae has it in him. It’s a maturity thing. That chip on his shoulder that feeds the ego and says “screw the world,” he has to harness that energy and put it strictly in to winning and nothing else.

I see it coming.

• Like 4

He’s still concerned about trivial high school junior varsity cheerleading sh%t like scrubbing the Hawks from his Instagram.  Kid is gone, in the literal and figurative sense.  He doesn’t even know how to value team possessions on either end yet.  And as inarticulate as he is starting a podcast is silly at very best.

Edited by benhillboy

4 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Trae is 24, will be 25 next season., meaning he is just now entering his prime.

There is so much room for growth and you see the light bulb going off.

Trae is due for another great season (seems he only gets his respect every other year)

Quinn has his hands on him. You saw him raise his game in the playoffs and make winning defensive plays.

Its about effort and focus right now. Leave the refs and hecklers alone, play your game, build up and sacrifice for your teammates.

Trae has it in him. It’s a maturity thing. That chip on his shoulder that feeds the ego and says “screw the world,” he has to harness that energy and put it strictly in to winning and nothing else.

I see it coming.

I hope so. I just feel we are at a career crossroad with Trae. It's clear he thinks he's greater than where the NBA thinks he is. 

• Like 1

The organization has to put him in a position to succeed.  We had our highest level of success when Capela was a monster DPOY candidate, NBA leading rebounder.  Plus Bogi was shooting 50%+ from distance and Collins and Huerter were in top form.  Then you had Gallo coming off the bench along with a host of other veterans like Lou, Solo, and Tony Snell.  THANK GOD Hunter and Cam were injured or we would have never gone on a win streak like that. 

And no there was much more to the formula than spamming the PNR with Capela.  Capela, Bogi, and Collins have been slowed by injuries to keep them from their 2021 level.  At the time many thought Capela was the MVP with regular 20/20 nights and 4-5 blocks. We haven't been able to match the supporting cast we once had.  Our front court has been the strength of our defense, but it was much better in 2021.  Then we had all of the guys shooting 40% from distance. 

We were a nightmare and haven't been able to match the personnel we had back then. A lot of the same names, but they aren't the same players which confuses people and shifts the blame unfairly to Trae.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, benhillboy said:

He’s still concerned about trivial high school junior varsity cheerleading sh%t like scrubbing the Hawks from his Instagram.  Kid is gone, in the literal and figurative sense.  He doesn’t even know how to value team possessions on either end yet.  And as inarticulate as he is starting a podcast is silly at very best.

This is honestly what worries me the most. I see the same shit each year and I am waiting for tremendous growth. I see shades as @RedDawg#8 mentioned but man, it's hard to buy in. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

All time Atlanta Hawks playoff records ( All-Star caliber players only )

• Trae Young               ( 12 - 15 ) . . .  44.4%
  • Paul Millsap              ( 17 - 22 ) . . .  43.6%
  • Al Horford                 ( 32 - 42 ) . . . 43.2%
  • Doc Rivers                ( 19 - 25 ) . . .  43.2%
  • Dominique Wilkins    ( 20 - 31 ) . . . 41.2%
  • Joe Johnson             ( 19 - 27 ) . . .  40.4%
  • Josh Smith                ( 21 - 31 ) . . .  40.4%
  • Lou Hudson               ( 21 - 31 ) . . .  40.4%
  • Dikembe Mutombo     ( 8 - 15 ) . . .  34.7%
  • Mookie Blaylock        ( 17 - 33 ) . . .  34.0%
  • Steve Smith              ( 12 - 24 ) . . .   33.3%
  • Pete Maravich             ( 5 - 12 ) . . .   29.4%
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Playoff record of players who made the All-NBA team this season, with Trae included in that mix

• Stephen Curry        ( 98 - 48 ) . . . 67.8%
  • Lebron James         ( 182 - 100 ). . 64.5%
  • Jayson Tatum         ( 52 - 42 ) . . . 55.3%
  • Jaylen Brown          ( 58 - 47 ) . . . 55.2%
  • Giannis                    ( 43 - 36 ) . . . 55.4%
  • Nikola Jokic            ( 34 - 31 ) . . .  52.3%
  • Jimmy Butler          ( 60 - 57 ) . . .  51.3%
  • Joel Embiid             ( 27 - 26 ) . . .  50.9%
  • Julius Randle             (  7 - 8 ) . . .  46.7%
  • Trae Young              ( 12 - 15 ) . . .  44.4%
  • Luka Doncic            ( 12 - 16 ) . . .  42.9%
  • De'Aaron Fox             ( 3 - 4 ) . . .   42.9%
  • Donovan Mitchell   ( 18 - 26 ) . . .   40.9%
  • SGA                           ( 5 - 8 ) . . . .  38.5%
  • Damian Lillard        ( 22 - 39 ) . . .  36.1%
  • Domatus Sabonis    ( 6 - 14 ) . . . . 30.0%
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I just don't get why there's still this appetite to tear this guy down.  What's the motivation?  When we started this rebuild everyone said it'll take 5 years to get to relevancy.  We tanked for 2 years after Trae got here and then first year we don't tank we go to the ECF.  Yeah we had 2 fairly disappointing years after that but we were still a playoff team while our front office was in total disarray.  

But the narrative is 'we can't win with Trae'.  News flash we already have.  5 years in the league, 3 playoff appearances, 1 ECF and Trae is by far the best player on the team those 3 years.  

Well, I always ask who are the guys drafted since Trae that are outperforming him?  You can name maybe 2 players, but shouldn't we be glad we have one of the top drafted players of the past 5 years?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

He didn't adjust his game last off season so I doubt he does it this off season.

At this point I've given up on him ever giving a crap about moving without the ball.  That ain't ever happening folks.

My new hope is that he grows up and at least improves on his shot selection.  I would also like to see him become a more willing passer early in the shot clock and also a more accurate passer when driving and kicking to the perimeter.  Those are a couple areas where he can definitely improve without changing his entire play style.

• Like 2