• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome to the Hawks, Kobe Bufkin!

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
23 hours ago, AHF said:

I'm excited to see him playing in Atlanta. 

It is remarkable that when you sort the 52 players from the last draft class who have made an appearance this season, Bufking and Gueye are tied for dead last in minutes played.  

Kobe has played 4 minutes.  The guy picked right before him has played 908 minutes.  The guy picked right after him has played 1018 minutes.  Can't wait to see his real debut.

Appreciate these data points

2 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

Remarkable and, frankly, baffling. 

It kind of makes sense in the context of what position he plays.  We picked a player that has no real spot in our rotation.  DJ/Murray/Bogi take up pretty much all of our rotation minutes at PG/SG.  I also think the Hawks have a vision for developing rookies and getting them NBA ready that differs from a lot of organizations.  JJ spent a lot of time in college park and came into our rotation looking solid.  Sample size of 1 and it's tough to say if that's due to JJ's talent or attributing some of his success to staying in College Park for most of his rookie year.

Half a year in college park feels reasonable to me as a rookie, so if we start seeing more minutes from Kobe soon, I'll be fine with it.  If we still have DJ on the roster and Bogi is healthy, Kobe probably doesn't get a ton of minutes in the last half of this year and that's probably O.K. with me too.  Next year is when I'll bring out the pitch forks.

• Like 1

I really think the Hawks FO is treating this just like JJ.. giving him extensive Skyhawks time and then he will just enter the rotation next season.

In fact, I think they are using JJ as their "model" development cycle and that's why we see persistent Skyhawks play.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

No problem with that approach, to a point. Particularly when we have injuries and can use him.

Would the approach be different if Kobe did not get injured?

Why is AJ not also a part of this plan? He's the same age as Kobe and getting Zero NBA minutes. What a wasted season and asset.

Seriously.  If you don't want 'im, trade him before all his value runs out.  Sheesh.

Like they gonna wait til his option doesn't get picked up and he's due to be paid ... theeeennnn put him on the block while every-dang-body knows good and heyul well we ain't gonna bring him back. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Use it or lose it!

AJ Griffin should be playing.  If he's with the Hawks, play him.  If you are not going to play him, send him to the Skyhawks and let him get the rust off his game.  As of now, he's useless.

:ahf:

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...