• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome to the Hawks, Kobe Bufkin!

JayBirdHawk

• Moderators
Just now, macdaddy said:

Get this guy to the Hawks.  

If the minutes are there and he can be a positive contributor.  I don't mind him dominating the G-League for a little while rather than DNP-CD or 6 minutes of time or being overwhelmed on the floor.  If he has things to develop before he can join the regular rotation then focus on those right now.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I guess Kobe is the monster of the G-League!!

Still.. as I watch his highlights, I am not impressed with how he scores.  It's always some off balanced, F'd-around and it went in kinda shot.  This last jumper from last night was graceful and about the best shot I have ever seen him put up.  But most of the highlights that I have seen, it look like he was leaning, shooting off the wrong foot, with the Reggie Miller arms cross syndrome. I don't know if it will play well against a better constructed defense... but I am definitely not against bringing him up.  I would also look into sending AJ down. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Diesel said:

I guess Kobe is the monster of the G-League!!

Still.. as I watch his highlights, I am not impressed with how he scores.  It's always some off balanced, F'd-around and it went in kinda shot.  This last jumper from last night was graceful and about the best shot I have ever seen him put up.  But most of the highlights that I have seen, it look like he was leaning, shooting off the wrong foot, with the Reggie Miller arms cross syndrome. I don't know if it will play well against a better constructed defense... but I am definitely not against bringing him up.  I would also look into sending AJ down. 

It may not look pretty, it remains to be see how successful it will be against real NBA players. I see body control and focus to finish shots thru contact. I'm ready to find out if it translates.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Very interested to hear if he is guarding bigger players.  Seeing some people suggesting that he will be getting big minutes at SG next year and those same people saying he is almost a DM clone.  DM didn’t work as a SG here.  Want to understand how Kobe would work when DM didn’t.  Until then, he is a backup combo guard for his future role in my mind.

I read, on another Hawk cite, that Kobe Bufkin was the 3rd untouchable on the current roster, along with JJ & Trae.

Hiding him in plain sight in the G League!

😄

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

.... checking in from 2026.

Cell coverage ... spotty in the ...  Age of the Machines ...

... after they take over .... we find out ...

... the signs were there the whole time...

... how did we not see it...  ... it's Quin ...

He wa...

.... was iRobot the whole time!!!

... get outta the house, Hawks fans!!!

Screenshot_20240122_231625_Gallery.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, kg01 said:

.... checking in from 2026.

Cell coverage ... spotty in the ...  Age of the Machines ...

... after they take over .... we find out ...

... the signs were there the whole time...

... how did we not see it...  ... it's Quin ...

He wa...

.... was iRobot the whole time!!!

... get outta the house, Hawks fans!!!

A vacuum

• Sad 1