• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome to the Hawks, Kobe Bufkin!

JayBirdHawk

I think we got a rotation guard at 16 which is not bad, but again an undersized SG. 

Seems that he has good defense which is an improvement but we have a big problem of size and strength on the team, I thought we were going to close that gap a little bit on the draft, apparently we will not and we will need to look at FA to do it.

I think this selection would be a steal if he can play efficiently PG, and replace AH on the rotation. I would like to see the duo of AJ and Bufkin on the backcourt. If he can only play SG he is completely redundant with AJ and Bogi. Basically we need to add contributors that can help on filling the gaps of the roster, the guy can defend and that can earn him minutes but I don’t want that minutes at the expense of AJ minutes, I see AJ as the future SG of the team

• Thanks 1

• JayBirdHawk changed the title to Welcome to the Hawks, Kobe Bufkin!
8 hours ago, Sothron said:

Yes. I wanted to talk about Kobe Bufkin for about a month but was told under no circumstances to talk about him. He was the mystery guard I referred to earlier today that we were hoping would fall to us.

You could've told me, saffron.  I'm great at keeping secrets.

Did I ever tell anybody about that embarrassing rash you had?  Have I ever told anybody about @AHF's criminal record?

See, I'm great at keeping secrets.

🤓

• Haha 3

I do not usually watch college ball, and I don't spend hours watching draft analysis on players leading up to the draft.  You take what the draft gives you, and one thing this team needs is defense and guys who can dribble, create, and attack.  Would have been nice to get an impact big, but trading Capela +15 for Bertans + 10 to draft Lively makes no sense. 

Also Kobe Bufkin sounds like country bumpkin.    

• Like 2

• Premium Member
37 minutes ago, AHF said:

I've got my head around him being a 6th man type long-term ala Marcus Smart, Jamal Crawford, Derrick White, etc. (not comparing games as much as the significance they have had to their team rotations).  With that combined with who else was on board, I am waking up more excited about KB than I was heading to bed last night.  

Welcome to the team, Mr. Bufkin.  

I saw Derrick White listed as his NBA comp on one of the sites.

• Like 1