• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome to the Hawks, Kobe Bufkin!

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Dexmethylphenidate said:

A bit undersized next to trae if he starts. But guess it's what's best at 15th

A bit undersized next to trae if he starts. But guess it's what's best at 15th

He's not starting. He will take time to develop. He had a very DJM like game at Michigan from the highlights I've seen, but I'm not sure if that will translate to the NBA right away. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

As I mentioned earlier this afternoon, Bufkin is one of the guys I liked.  He just looks like a baller on his tape.  Crafty player when finishing in the paint… Good value pick.  We want players that have skills and edge.  He has them.  He doesn’t look like an athlete learning to play basketball.  

• Like 2

• Moderators
42 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I love the pick. Love it. We need some dogs on defense and we got one that can guard multiple positions. He can also create and shoot. Love it.

I haven’t seen much of him but he reportedly is less athletic and thinner than DM and we know DM struggled defensively because of his size.  Do we really think Kobe can defend wings next year or is this a longterm development project in terms of non-PG defense?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, AHF said:

I haven’t seen much of him but he reportedly is less athletic and thinner than DM and we know DM struggled defensively because of his size.  Do we really think Kobe can defend wings next year or is this a longterm development project in terms of non-PG defense?

Think he has a 38.5 vertical so he has plenty of athleticism

• Premium Member
Just now, lynred said:

Seems to be a well rounded, skilled guy. I see a little De'Aaron Fox in his game.

He doesn't seem to be as quick as Fox. He looks more like a slightly taller DJM that actually plays lockdown man to man defense. His game doesn't have a lot of weaknesses. Of course, I'm basing that opinion off of highlights. I like the fact he's a lefty. I don't see him guarding wings as a Rookie though. He's pretty slim. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Think he has a 38.5 vertical so he has plenty of athleticism

I’ll be thrilled if he is more athletic than DM.  The comparison I saw on here was that DM is more athletic while KB is the better shooter.  Do you think he can guard wings this year or is he the 3rd or 4th PG on defense (behind Trae, DM, and possible a vet to be signed or resigned).

• Moderators
1 minute ago, hawkman said:

He doesn't seem to be as quick as Fox. He looks more like a slightly taller DJM that actually plays lockdown man to man defense. His game doesn't have a lot of weaknesses. Of course, I'm basing that opinion off of highlights. I like the fact he's a lefty. I don't see him guarding wings as a Rookie though. He's pretty slim. 

I love Fox but he and Trae would be a disaster as a backcourt.  I hope KB is very different from Fox.

• Like 2