• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome to the Hawks, Kobe Bufkin!

JayBirdHawk

7 hours ago, theheroatl said:

Man... give that kid some burn over Trent Forrest wtf Quin

When I checked the box score, he wasn't even listed.  Either he's not with the Hawks or he didn't dress out.  

I agree.  He should be with the Hawks and playing.  The team is losing more than they win.  If we were in a fight for first place I could understand him not playing.  But we're not and he's not.

:smug:

• Like 2

Only 11 games so the sample size is very small - though the volume over those 11 games is quite high - but 30.6% on 3pt attempts for Kobe seems low.  Maybe they are force feeding him being a volume scorer and primary ball handler so that is impacting efficiency, and in a more limited role he could be a more efficient scorer.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Wasted pick!  Why did we draft this loser?  Some poor soul thinks the Hawks might trade Murray for someone other than another guard and this kid will get Murray's spot on the team.  No!  He's only good in the G League, not the NBA.

:ahf:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, BangHolman said:

He's destroying GL competition like Jalen did. He's ready for the next step when it comes.

People were underwhelmed when he was drafted and seemed to sour on him during Summer League when he was playing out of his natural position. I feel like he's underrated at this point. There's no way he's worse than Mathews or Forrest. That's not a knock on Forrest or Mathews, but Kobe has a pretty well rounded game as a Rookie.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Watching that video again, I sometimes forgot how these rookies are just kids... as a fan, its easy to expect the maturity and decision making of an adult because these guys are making crazy money but they are so young.  Kobe cannot order a beer at the bar for another 8 months

• Like 2

• Premium Member
20 hours ago, AHF said:

I'm excited to see him playing in Atlanta. 

It is remarkable that when you sort the 52 players from the last draft class who have made an appearance this season, Bufking and Gueye are tied for dead last in minutes played.  

Kobe has played 4 minutes.  The guy picked right before him has played 908 minutes.  The guy picked right after him has played 1018 minutes.  Can't wait to see his real debut.

Remarkable and, frankly, baffling. 

• Like 1